[Special Moderation] Why I'm excited to vote Republican this cycle.

immamac

38 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I will positively contribute to his reputation the next time he adds to the discussion earnestly. 

You don't make the fucking rules I do. Neg again and you get time off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

This.  You put Kamala’s policies on a sheet side by side with Reagan and outside of abortion they’d be mostly in line.  My dad said he has never voted for trump but won’t vote Dem either for “reasons”.   I told him if he wants his party back he needs to purge it by voting dem.  But people are so broken brained with party over country that they can’t bring themselves to do it even though they are pretty damn close on policy.   Outside of taxes, where he is probably actually benefited by not having Trump’s SALT cap, he can’t name a policy Kamala has that will harm him.   But he “knew her as a prosecutor” (I don’t know what that means other than he was in-house opposite of her at some point back when he still lawyered).  Fuck that noise. It’s so dumb.   And it’s typical.  We need a better permission structure in the GOP I guess to convince people they won’t spontaneously combust if they vote or the D at the top of the ticket. 

GWB, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, Mike Pence, I’m looking at you chicken shits. 

GWB has turned out to be the biggest coward. I didn't agree with many of the positions or policies but I had respect for him by the time he left office. I actually don't even believe that he votes for Trump and may vote Kamala, but he's afraid to say it.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

GWB has turned out to be the biggest coward. I didn't agree with many of the positions or policies but I had respect for him by the time he left office. I actually don't even believe that he votes for Trump and may vote Kamala, but he's afraid to say it.

His money friends are leaning on him to remain noncommittal. That’s my guess.

Just now, Stros121 said:

Depends on the crime.

Are you implying the the judges in the January 6th cases where people were found, and in many cases PLED guilty to their charges, somehow didn't follow the sentencing guidelines for those crimes? Judges that spanned all political parties? Because I'd like for you to explain your statement that only the left is "jailing" political opponents. 

1 hour ago, Stros121 said:

He hasn’t put any of his political enemies in jail, unlike the left.

It wasn’t for lack of trying:

image.thumb.png.b57a36d21622920b5690e699163539ec.png

Wait can you provide an example of the left putting political enemies in jail? Also, who is “the left,” in your opinion? 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

let's assume that is true, trump has said he wants to jail his enemies in his second term. do you support that? 

Trump is a shit talking business man.  when comes down to it he’s a pussy. Trump didn’t go after clinton last time, so I have to go by his record on that.

2 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

Trump is a shit talking business man.  when comes down to it he’s a pussy. Trump didn’t go after clinton last time, so I have to go by his record on that.

Who is the “left” jailing? And please define who the “left” is.

3 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

so which parts of what he says should we believe? he said he wants to be dictator on day one. was that bluster? just today he said he wants the type of generals hitler had. do we believe that? 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are you implying the the judges in the January 6th cases where people were found, and in many cases PLED guilty to their charges, somehow didn't follow the sentencing guidelines for those crimes? Judges that spanned all political parties? Because I'd like for you to explain your statement that only the left is "jailing" political opponents. 

I want to see all the tapes and evidence on Jan 6. Who ever has them should release to the public.

17 hours ago, Stros121 said:

I honestly think Donald Trump loves America, and wants the best for all Americans. 

5 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

Same guy? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

False. He repeatedly suggested the JD intiate investigations and ultimately appointed a special prosecutor. He also illegally withheld foreign aid to Ukraine trying to get them to investigate or produce material on Biden, which is why he was impeached. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so which parts of what he says should we believe? he said he wants to be dictator on day one. was that bluster? just today he said he wants the type of generals hitler had. do we believe that? 

Every president has made executive orders on day one. Why is that such a big deal. Anyone with common sense would understand that. 

2 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

Interesting and that's a different answer than the Trumpers I interact with daily at work that are all older and 100% believe that he's going to do everything that he says he's going to do.

I have a question that is sort of tangential to this one. Do you believe he is really going to round up millions of undocumented immigrants and if so, how do you think that would impact the economy? If he is again just bullshiting around, then what are his actual policies that you think he's serious about that makes you excited to vote for him? Also how do you feel about adding tariffs as a fight against inflation when that's the exact opposite of how it actually works? 

Thanks for participating. 

9 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

Don't mix up his ineptitude in his last administration with what power he'll be able to wield in any future one.  He came in as an outsider who didn't know how to work the system,  with an added layer of people who controlled parts of the system not allowing his requests to be fulfilled.  He learned from last time and has a plan to clear the way so that actions can be realized when he so chooses due to an army of yes men.  I agree and think he is a pussy,  but still very capable of inflicting his malice on who he wants if he gets bank in. 

4 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I want to see all the tapes and evidence on Jan 6. Who ever has them should release to the public.

You realize that there are hours and hours of video that are publicly available?  That many of the more than 1000 indicted and hundreds that have been convicted so far were caught on video committing the crimes with which they were charged?

Where on earth would you get the idea that someone has the tapes and evidence and that it would somehow counter what anyone can plainly see constitutes trespassing in a restricted area, vandalism, and assault, among other crimes?

Where do you get your "news"?

11 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

did you somehow happen to miss that all the normal respecters of the constitution who surrounded him on his first term are now gone, now his enemies, and shit talking him while reminding us of the things they kept him from doing? 

Did you ever consider that losing the guard rails of sane competent people who respect the constitution will have an effect on his second term - when he is solely surrounded by sycophants and toadies right now, and has no intention of hiring those people who held him back last time

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

You realize that there are hours and hours of video that are publicly available?  That many of the more than 1000 indicted and hundreds that have been convicted so far were caught on video committing the crimes with which they were charged?

Where on earth would you get the idea that someone has the tapes and evidence and that it would somehow counter what anyone can plainly see constitutes trespassing in a restricted area, vandalism, and assault, among other crimes?

Where do you get your "news"?

A few years ago I printed a bumper sticker that said “I only believe what I hear at Sportsman’s Barbershop, and I vote!”

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

As other poster have said, all of that information has been released. And Tucker Carlson got it all directly from Kevin McCarthy. That was a huge news story at the time. And yet still all of these people have gone to jail and many pled guilty. 

You also didn’t answer my question: who has “the left” jailed?

22 minutes ago, royiv said:

Who is the “left” jailing? And please define who the “left” is.

16 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Interesting and that's a different answer than the Trumpers I interact with daily at work that are all older and 100% believe that he's going to do everything that he says he's going to do.

I have a question that is sort of tangential to this one. Do you believe he is really going to round up millions of undocumented immigrants and if so, how do you think that would impact the economy? If he is again just bullshiting around, then what are his actual policies that you think he's serious about that makes you excited to vote for him? Also how do you feel about adding tariffs as a fight against inflation when that's the exact opposite of how it actually works? 

Thanks for participating. 

No, I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that he deports all illegals. It’s not logistically possible or financially. I do think he will wall off the border. I also think he will deport a lot of illegal/migrant criminals. 

The inflated prices aren’t going down unless your salary is going up.

I’ll be back later 

7 minutes ago, Stros121 said:
No, I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that he deports all illegals. It’s not logistically possible or financially. I do think he will wall off the border. I also think he will deport a lot of illegal/migrant criminals. 

The inflated prices aren’t going down unless your salary is going up.

I’ll be back later 

Appreciate you responding on this thread. 

One thing that frustrates me is how can a Trump voter siphon through the bullshit of what he will or won't do? "I think this particular thing is bluster, this other thing is to trigger the libs, but I believe he'll get this other thing accomplished." Why give him the benefit of the doubt on anything? It feel likes every supporter of his personally curates through all the bullshit to find their talking points on why he'd be a good President. It's fantasyland fiction. Why do people feel like they owe a man that has scammed and conned people his entire adult life any grace? 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hopefully at that time you can share who the left jailed and who is the left

Well, someone jailed Trump allies Manafort and Stone, or at least secured their convictions.  Oddly enough, though, Trump sat atop the Justice Department at that time.

Maybe, just maybe, the President and his administration aren't actually responsible for prosecution decisions, at least heretofore.

what if he says something more than 100 times. do we believe that?:
https://www.npr.org/2024/10/21/nx-s1-5134924/trump-election-2024-kamala-harris-elizabeth-cheney-threat-civil-liberties

Every president has made executive orders on day one. Why is that such a big deal. Anyone with common sense would understand that. 

lol, executive orders and being a dictator are not even remotely the same thing, and I think (hope?) you know that. common sense and all.