[Special Moderation] Why I'm excited to vote Republican this cycle.

immamac

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Blah blah blah, you sound like a communist who hates America and should leave, libtard!
There. That’s the “honest dialogue” we get from team MAGA. Saved everyone the trouble.

For someone who has very intelligent post most of the the time. You’re very vague and boring with your anti trump talking points. Is there anything trump has done that you agree with? What is the worst thing Trump has ever done as president?

32 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

DEI is hard to understand in my line of work. You either bust your ass or you don’t work.

DEI is not affirmative action and affirmative action has been around since the 1960s and is going away.

DEI is an attempt to include, at school, at work, wherever, those who have historically been excluded.

And, the 51 officials didn't say conclusively that it was fake, they said it had all the earmarks of being fake.  No one knew whether it was fake or not until fairly recently, except maybe Hunter.  And, y'know, there's nothing actually incriminating of Joe anywhere on the laptop.  Never been proven.  Read it for yourself.

And go look at my post on tariffs.  You don't need an economist to figure that out.  When all the cheap shit at Walmart goes up 20%, your cost of living went up 20%, or more.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

@Stros121 First off, thank you for your civility and participation.

I'd like to discuss your concerns regarding DEI. Before getting into the nitty-gritty, I'd like us to start with a common understanding of what we're discussing.

Can you please, in your own words, define DEI to the best of your ability and explain how it might affect you personally or your line of work in the construction industry?

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I would change my vote from R to D if the Republican Party removed a elected candidate from the top of the ticket, and replace them with a candidate who didn’t get any votes, and didn’t debate against viable competition. 

No, you wouldn't.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Good post

In fairness to them- both parties share one big lie on the economy: that the president has a great deal of control. He does not. Through mostly soft power he can have some level of limited impact on growth on an intermediate basis, and can have a much more substantial and direct negative effect on prices and GDP (through tariffs and other punitive measures) and has almost no meaningful direct near-term impact on the labor economy or the cost of living. 
But obviously both parties pretend they do and maybe their operatives and officials actually believe they are doing more than nibbling at the margins. And of course the media reports it that way because outside of the business press none of them seem to understand even the basics. 
Anyway- TL;DR: it’s not really their fault. They think that because everyone acts like it’s true, in good times and bad.

To be fair, presidents don’t have a lot of influence on the upside, but they damned sure can effect a downside. 

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I would change my vote from R to D if the Republican Party removed a elected candidate from the top of the ticket, and replace them with a candidate who didn’t get any votes, and didn’t debate against viable competition. 

Do you understand how political parties and primaries work?  The Democratic party can do whatever the fuck it wants, including just appointing a nominee.

Democrats don't mind, they're happy about it.  Why do you care what Democrats do if you aren't going to vote for one?

You are clearly informed only by right-wing media and pundits.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

I have no reason to lie to you. 

So if Trump finally did something deemed bad enough--or showed even more dementia--for his party to ask him to step down tomorrow (hahaha), and he actually listened (hahahaha hahaha), that would be all it would take for you to vote for Kamala and DEI. You wouldn't vote for Vance?

Color me skeptical from the guy still bringing up Hunter Biden's laptop.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

So if Trump finally did something deemed bad enough--or showed even more dementia--for his party to ask him to step down tomorrow (hahaha), and he actually listened (hahahaha hahaha), that would be all it would take for you to vote for Kamala and DEI. You wouldn't vote for Vance?

Color me skeptical from the guy still bringing up Hunter Biden's laptop.

Yes, let's talk some more about Hunter's laptop.  Gym Jordan and his pal Jimmy Cumface wasted millions of dollars in taxpayer money trying to show that the Hunter Biden laptop somehow implicated Joe in some "Biden crime family."  Abject failure.

All they wound up proving is that Hunter is a drug addict, has poor judgment, and a big dick.  We knew all but the last part.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, bolverk said:

@Stros121 First off, thank you for your civility and participation.

I'd like to discuss your concerns regarding DEI. Before getting into the nitty-gritty, I'd like us to start with a common understanding of what we're discussing.

Can you please, in your own words, define DEI to the best of your ability and explain how it might affect you personally or your line of work in the construction industry?

DEI to me is similar to my child going to the University of Texas. Both my kids finished in the top 6%. 1 finished #5 out 750 and still didn’t get into UT nursing school. I’m sure there’s plenty that factors into this that I don’t know.

My family is on the Creek Indian rolls. My daughters never wanted to use their Native American status as  there race. We as a family didn’t want take from the natives who need the resources more than they do. So if they check the box they are in with a full ride.

Both my daughters are going to Texas State.

I will get to the business question tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yes, let's talk some more about Hunter's laptop.  Gym Jordan and his pal Jimmy Cumface wasted millions of dollars in taxpayer money trying to show that the Hunter Biden laptop somehow implicated Joe in some "Biden crime family."  Abject failure.

All they wound up proving is that Hunter is a drug addict, has poor judgment, and a big dick.  We knew all but the last part.

Well, Trump let us know Jack Nicholson had a big dick without wasting tax payer money, so I guess that's something.

2 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

DEI to me is similar to my child going to the University of Texas. Both my kids finished in the top 6%. 1 finished #5 out 750 and still didn’t get into UT nursing school. I’m sure there’s plenty that factors into this that I don’t know.

My family is on the Creek Indian rolls. My daughters never wanted to use their Native American status as  there race. We as a family didn’t want take from the natives who need the resources more than they do. So if they check the box they are in with a full ride.

Yeah, that fucking sucks big dick. And it has zero to do with DEI. That has to do with the state of Texas not investing in higher education. I share your anger on this particular topic and it’s misplaced. 

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

DEI is not affirmative action and affirmative action has been around since the 1960s and is going away.

DEI is an attempt to include, at school, at work, wherever, those who have historically been excluded.

And, the 51 officials didn't say conclusively that it was fake, they said it had all the earmarks of being fake.  No one knew whether it was fake or not until fairly recently, except maybe Hunter.  And, y'know, there's nothing actually incriminating of Joe anywhere on the laptop.  Never been proven.  Read it for yourself.

And go look at my post on tariffs.  You don't need an economist to figure that out.  When all the cheap shit at Walmart goes up 20%, your cost of living went up 20%, or more.

Hey man, the FBI said the laptop and it contents were real in 2019. I think they had a hearing in June 2024. You might want to watch the Mark Z. Interview as well. Let’s just post facts please. That article is from 2020?

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Do you understand how political parties and primaries work?  The Democratic party can do whatever the fuck it wants, including just appointing a nominee.

Democrats don't mind, they're happy about it.  Why do you care what Democrats do if you aren't going to vote for one?

This one cracked me up. We all pretend that we want politicians who listen to their constituents and act accordingly and decisively. Their constituents, by an overwhelming majority, wanted a new nominee, and they (miraculously) made it happen in a completely unprecedented circumstance.

"But the DNC didn't follow the arbitrary nomination process that they themselves created!!!"

The ones that are still opposed to how it went down (Biden's immediate family, I guess?) aren't being forced to vote for her. Democracy still intact. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

None of that was affected by DEI.  That's affirmative action, and it was banned, which is why there's a top X% rule.  And, your bit about Native American status is probably wrong, again because affirmative action in college admissions is banned and has been at UT for longer than most of the rest of the country.

Although you admit you don't understand the admission decision, you haven't stated what you think DEI is and you clearly do not understand it.

Nursing is one of the smallest undergraduate schools at UT, topped only, I believe, by Architecture.  Architecture has always been extremely competitive, before the 5% rule, due to its size and prestige.  I imagine the same applies to Nursing.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

You are clearly informed only by right-wing media and pundits.

Yes, and if the R’s did the same thing 6 or 7 months from the election. I would vote for D.

i would vote for a D Tulsi over a R Trump

i don’t handcuff myself to one party. I equally disapprove of both parties, and the path they have taken this country to.

4 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

Yes, and if the R’s did the same thing 6 or 7 months from the election. I would vote for D.

i don’t handcuff myself to one party. I equally disapprove of both parties, and the path they have taken this country to.

Dude I know you have had a nice time throwing your grenades on this thread. I personally think your act is some kind of performance art that is leaving you cracking yourself up as you roll on the floor. 
However, the thing underlying all the ridicule you are getting on this board is that the things you are saying are so dumb, uninformed and just defy common sense that I refuse to believe that anyone could actually internally use as a rationale for voting for Trump. 
But, if you are for real, then I think you are the poster child for why we need to develop critical thinking curriculum for all of the nations schools. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

Do you have any concerns about Trump’s cognitive abilities similar to what  democrats expressed after the June debate?