USA Men's and Women's Water Polo

Posted (edited)

Men's Team includes 18 year old Ryder Dodd. 

https://olympics.com/en/news/usa-water-polo-announces-mens-squad-for-paris-2024

These ladies are going to kick some ass

https://usawaterpolo.org/news/2024/4/25/mens-senior-national-team-usa-water-polo-launches-inspiring-campaign-with-olympic-games-less-than-100-days-away.aspx

And they have Flavor Flav on their side.

Old Video, but Ashleigh Johnson is back in goal, and one of my favorite players.

Edited by Chico_SA
  • Hook 'Em 3

• Chico_SA changed the title to USA Men's and Women's Water Polo
1 minute ago, Hpara759 said:

You gotta love the under water camera 

It's nice for the Woman's.  It's nightmare fuel for the Men's.  Not because you're looking at their junk, but because of how much kneeing to the balls (intentional or unintentional) goes on down there.  

51 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The US men were making dumb mistakes this morning. I turned it off with Italy ahead 10-4.

Yep.  Third Quarter was rough.  They needed to make an extra one or two passes before settling for so many outside shots.  Hopefully they get it together before the next game.

They said this morning that water polo was added as an event for the 1900 Olympics in Paris and that all games were played in the Seine.  Should have done a throwback.  It seems like going downstream would be a big advantage.

Tough loss for the women.  They were really executing well throught the game.  A couple of really nice 6 on 5 goals and they were gettin the Ausies excluded a lot.  

I really didn't like the last time out exection. They didn't seem to do much.  They should have at least been driving to draw an exclusion and extend the shot clock, but they seemed to crap out when the initial play fell apart. 

Go get the bronze ladies!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Didn’t watch it, have no idea what an exclusion is but that’s not going to stop me from saying the refs fucked us.

exclusion = defense ejection for 20 seconds. 

Sort of like hockey.  Player goes into a penalty "box"  and the offense is up one man for a short time. 

Some of us old school water polo players think its weird that the commentators say "power play", but if that makes it easier for newbies to undertand then I'm ok with it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chico_SA said:

exclusion = defense ejection for 20 seconds. 

Sort of like hockey.  Player goes into a penalty "box"  and the offense is up one man for a short time. 

Some of us old school water polo players think its weird that the commentators say "power play", but if that makes it easier for newbies to undertand then I'm ok with it. 

1 minute ago, Texzilla588 said:

Question: what is the purpose of those bonnet things they wear on their head? They don’t appear to have changed in my lifetime.

Player identification and ear protection (both ball impacts and opposing players ripping off your ear).