Men's Basketball

This is so inspiring to watch our team doing so well ON THE WORLD STAGE. If we can continue to compete and build a true basketball culture, it makes me dare to dream of a day when US players can compete with the best 3 vs 3 players and shock the world! 

• Haha 5

Shocked Canada lost. Figured them and Germany were the two best teams not with U-S-A on their jerseys. Guess they couldn't overcome France's defense ... and officiating.

Stupid that Serbia is on the same side of the bracket as the US. We've already beaten them twice in less than a month--in a warm-up and in group play. Guess we'll have to beat 'em a third time. Still stupid af scheduling. Damned Frogs.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

This is so inspiring to watch our team doing so well ON THE WORLD STAGE. If we can continue to compete and build a true basketball culture, it makes me dare to dream of a day when US players can compete with the best 3 vs 3 players and shock the world! 

Look man, we discussed this previously. I don't want to poop on your parade of dreams again, but unless weed and prostitution are both legalized and hallucinogens decriminalized in the next year.... not gonna happen.

It's best for you, US sports, US basketball and the aspiring 3x3 US players if we just move to cancel culture the entire game out of the Olympics.

Sorry, but facts are facts.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Look man, we discussed this previously. I don't want to poop on your parade of dreams again, but unless weed and prostitution are both legalized and hallucinogens decriminalized in the next year.... not gonna happen.

It's best for you, US sports, US basketball and the aspiring 3x3 US players if we just move to cancel culture the entire game out of the Olympics.

Sorry, but facts are facts.

Here are the facts:

FIBA-sanctioned 5 on 5: Hugely popular sport. International stars generate hundreds of millions of $ for the sport. One of the most visible sports in the world results in: 2 gold medals.

3 vs 3: Lame sport that no one cares about. Best players don't play in it and gets very little visibility, also results in: 2 gold medals. 

They have the exact same importance in the medal count. I like to see the US stick it to China, just like we did in Tokyo four years ago, 39 to 38 gold medals USA, USA!

Winning the medal table means a lot to both countries, probably even more in China. We should be able to win a lame 3 v 3 tournament in the sport we invented and is played everywhere in our glorious country. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Here are the facts:

FIBA-sanctioned 5 on 5: Hugely popular sport. International stars generate hundreds of millions of $ for the sport. One of the most visible sports in the world results in: 2 gold medals.

3 vs 3: Lame sport that no one cares about. Best players don't play in it and gets very little visibility, also results in: 2 gold medals. 

They have the exact same importance in the medal count. I like to see the US stick it to China, just like we did in Tokyo four years ago, 39 to 38 gold medals USA, USA!

Winning the medal table means a lot to both countries, probably even more in China. We should be able to win a lame 3 v 3 tournament in the sport we invented and is played everywhere in our glorious country. 

Well man, how about we get Disk Golf (m/w/mixed), Ultimate Frisbee(m/w/mixed), real actual tackle football, fake ass flag football (which is coming m/w), and fowling. That's 10 fucking gold medals in US invented sports right there. Add the half pipe that Tony Hawk is pushing for and we might have 12.

Live the dream amigo! The Merican dream instead of a janky  ass half sport of a real one.

I believe in you, the USA and this dream.

20 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Well man, how about we get Disk Golf (m/w/mixed), Ultimate Frisbee(m/w/mixed), real actual tackle football, fake ass flag football (which is coming m/w), and fowling. That's 10 fucking gold medals in US invented sports right there. Add the half pipe that Tony Hawk is pushing for and we might have 12.

Live the dream amigo! The Merican dream instead of a janky  ass half sport of a real one.

I believe in you, the USA and this dream.

As I said, Ultimate Frisbee SHOULD be an Olympic sport. It’s awesome! And if we don’t bring the gold home in Break Dancing, which is an Olympic sport this year, then you’re gonna see me get REALLY ANGRY! 

I used to work on the US Olympic committee ad campaign. One of the clients told me they pulled softball/baseball because offically, the stadiums would then sit empty if it was held in weird, pansy countries that didn’t play baseball, like Greece. He said the real reason was because Eurosofties were trying to find a way to deprive the US of more medals. Screw them. Baseball is coming back in LA in 2028. USA, USA!

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Noah Eagle needs a better hairpiece.

It is so bad that it looks like he has accepted a dare from one of his roommates that he will wear the same cheap rug for the entire Olympics without acknowledging it. 

Also…

Olympic basketball (or maybe just USA games) are extremely boring to watch. 

This is especially true during the night broadcast when they are showing highlights filled with excitement and they show a chunk of the 3rd quarter and you’re thinking-

“Thomas won her gold medal in the 200m in less time than this one possession that ended in a missed shot. 😴

Man the US can NOT lose this game.  

Not only would it be embarrassing for a US team THIS good that has been absolutely dominating the competition so far...playing for Bronze would be disappointing.

But also they simply can't lose a team full of "slow, unathletic, white boys" with no...let's face it, POC on their team.  Would never live it down in the culture unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Mittens said:

If only there was a 6'10" two way All NBA type on the bench that Kerr could put in.

Like Tatum would make a difference...he can't fucking shoot.  They need to Score.

• Haha 1

Just now, Drew said:

Like Tatum would make a difference...he can't fucking shoot.  They need to Score.

Guessing you didn't watch the NBA playoffs.  Tatum doesn't need to score to be effective.