Men's Basketball

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This team would get bitch slapped by the Dream Team.

I'm not sure. The 2024 team has had to play much better competition. The Dream Team played nobodies with just a few of the teams lucky to have one mid-NBA player. There were 9 NBA players on other teams, with some of the opponents, like Angola, with none. This year, there are 139 NBA and WNBA professional players competing in basketball. Mighty Lithuania was sponsored by The Grateful Dead to raise money so they could attend the Olympics.* The Dream Team's '92 opponents would be crushed by teams like Serbia and France today. 

*Lithuania beating their hated, former Russian masters for the Bronze was the actual best story from the 1992 Olympics basketball. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I'm not sure. The 2024 team has had to play much better competition. The Dream Team played nobodies with just a few of the teams lucky to have one mid-NBA player. There were 9 NBA players on other teams, with some of the opponents, like Angola, with none. This year, there are 139 NBA and WNBA professional players competing in basketball. Mighty Lithuania was sponsored by The Grateful Dead to raise money so they could attend the Olympics.* The Dream Team's '92 opponents would be crushed by teams like Serbia and France today. 

*Lithuania beating their hated, former Russian masters for the Bronze was the actual best story from the 1992 Olympics basketball. 

Dream Team would out physical these guys so bad.  This year's team would be grabbing their pussies halfway through the first quarter.

Refs and home cooking might make this gold medal matchup a bit interesting.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Dream Team would out physical these guys so bad.  This year's team would be grabbing their pussies halfway through the first quarter.

Refs and home cooking might make this gold medal matchup a bit interesting.

Depends on whose rules you played with. The 92 game was more physical. Today's game allows less physicality. The '24 team is more athletic overall and better at shooting 3's.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mittens said:

Facts. I saw Spo doing all the coach huddle talk in the 4th. Steve was just listening. Ty said a couple words. Didn’t see Few do anything but have his hand on his mouth 

Edited by kingkoopa6

2 hours ago, joeycovers said:

Literally Chills watching Lebron, KD, and Curry take that game over late. Basketball fans will never forget that moment.  It was a thing of beauty and basketball at its highest level. 

IMG_9009.thumb.jpeg.baf15903219ec94e0bf2addb9aa60b86.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

2024 team would rain down threes on the Dream Teams head. Larry Bird was 35 years old with a bad back. Come on now.

Screenshot_20240808_174312_TikTok.thumb.jpg.863b8910122565c94e62497a26c233ee.jpg

LeBron James: 39 years 6 months old

Steph Curry: 36 years 4.5 months old

Kevin Durant: 35 years 10+ months old

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Depends on whose rules you played with. The 92 game was more physical. Today's game allows less physicality. The '24 team is more athletic overall and better at shooting 3's.  

‘24 ain’t gettin no rebounds.

• Hook 'Em 1

Won't lie, it felt like late in the 4th the team particularly LeBron, KD and Curry said fuck this, and ran their game. The results showed it.

Helps when Serbia hitting 15 3s on >50%shooting through 30 min while playing with the best player in the world finally stops.

They played a hell of a game. Bunch of white dudes who can hit 3s. Thought today would be close, Serbia was even with us last game in joker min and -29 in non joker min. I didn’t expect them to bomb away from 3 tho either
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Helps when Serbia hitting 15 3s on >50%shooting through 30 min while playing with the best player in the world finally stops.

They played a hell of a game. Bunch of white dudes who can hit 3s. Thought today would be close, Serbia was even with us last game in joker min and -29 in non joker min. I didn’t expect them to bomb away from 3 tho either

It's absolutely true that Serbia was nails early from 3 and US couldn't buy a bucket but even Wade called US needed to get in transition. That the Serbian half court D was strong and that contributed as well. (Coaching) 

Toward the end the team started really pushing the ball down the court, going hard to the rim, and essentially "playing their game" not a set half court offense. 

And what happened aside from missing a few too many rebounds for my liking? 

They destroyed. So..

For 3.5 quarters they played half court (Coaching) and were out played. Then finally cut loose and ran the damn court. (Not coaching)

US wins.

They don't do that in the end, I don't think they win.

I do not think Coaching changed strategies late. 

The players did.

(And keeping one of the top 5 players in basketball history on the bench for 2.5 quarters is fucking regarded)

Edited by BurntEyes
Hook'em