2024 Election Fuckery Tracking Thread

tx 3 putt

This topic deserves its own thread, and it’ll clean up the Presidential Election thread some. 

Delay / Tie up election results / certifications as long as possible. Play for the house or scotus to decide it all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• tx 3 putt changed the title to Game of Thrones - 2024 Election, Nov 6th
12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Georgia is live and ready for delaying their election results ….

Wondering when the Justice Department cracks down on some of these shenanigans? After Jack Smith becomes Attorney General, I guess.

On 7/28/2024 at 1:28 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Georgia is live and ready for delaying their election results ….

https://www.americanoversight.org/georgia-election-board-withdraws-rules-approved-in-illegal-meeting-following-american-oversight-lawsuit

American Oversight released the following statement today after the Georgia State Election Board (SEB) voted to withdraw its illegally promulgated rules, agreeing to reconsider them at its next properly noticed meeting on Aug. 6.

STATEMENT FROM AMERICAN OVERSIGHT INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CHIOMA CHUKWU: 

“We’re pleased that our lawsuit, along with pressure from partner organizations on the ground in Georgia, has prompted the Board to withdraw the illegally approved rules from its sham July 12 meeting. However, we remain deeply concerned by the Board’s decision to promptly revisit these problematic measures — including those coordinated with the state and national GOP — that serve to intimidate election workers and grant partisan advantage to preferred candidates this November.

“We will continue to closely monitor the Board to ensure it does not engage in additional unlawful actions while behind closed doors and unaccountable to the people of Georgia.”

American Oversight filed a lawsuit against the SEB on July 18 for violating the state’s Open Meetings Act after it hastily convened a meeting on Friday, July 12, without legally required public notice or a quorum. The organization subsequently filed a motion for a preliminary injunction seeking a court order blocking the SEB from moving forward with the rules approved at the July 12 meeting. Atlanta-based law firm Caplan Cobb LLC serves as co-counsel.

During the illegal July 12 meeting convened by board members Rick Jeffares, Janelle King, and Janice Johnston, the SEB considered two proposals, including one proposed by Jeffares requiring county election boards to post daily online ballot counts on their websites. Subsequent reporting revealed that the rule text and talking points were provided to Jeffares by Georgia GOP Chairman Josh McKoon in apparent coordination with the Republican National Committee. The other rule purported to increase the number of partisan poll monitors observing ballot counting at Georgia tabulation centers, a reportedly similar version of which was also shared by the state’s Republican Party.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to 2024 Election Fuckery Tracking Thread

Republican primary for Marisa county AZ draws a huge red flag. Charlie Kirk backed, and election denier won the R nomination. He booted the current election official who was R but want maga gqp 

dems better go all out to get this spot 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

@Zonahorn whats the story here, you have assured us that AZ is in good hands. The answer better be "They'll lose in the election to a democrat."

That is my assumption, as it is Maricopa County and it's getting bluer.  Hobbs won it 51-49 and Kelly 52-46 (Biden won it 50-48 and Kelly won it 52-48 in 2020)

But yeah, are you surprised a MAGA election denier won a primary? 

• Hook 'Em 8

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That is my assumption, as it is Maricopa County and it's getting bluer.  Hobbs won it 51-49 and Kelly 52-46 (Biden won it 50-48 and Kelly won it 52-48 in 2020)

But yeah, are you surprised a MAGA election denier won a primary? 

I mean, in Maricopa I assumed the normal pubs outnumbered the crazies...

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, in Maricopa I assumed the normal pubs outnumbered the crazies...

But the crazies are the ones that vote in primaries 

• Hook 'Em 4

40 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Such refusals to certify local elections by rogue election officials are certainly going to cause a headache, but the important thing is that there are processes to ensure each election is properly certified

“Voters should be rest assured that if they see an attempt to refuse to certify an election in their jurisdiction, that does not mean that there was a problem with the elections,” Karalunas said. “There are processes in place to make sure that certification ultimately will happen in a timely fashion and that their vote will be counted.”

• Hook 'Em 5

On 8/3/2024 at 2:40 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Such refusals to certify local elections by rogue election officials are certainly going to cause a headache, but the important thing is that there are processes to ensure each election is properly certified

“Voters should be rest assured that if they see an attempt to refuse to certify an election in their jurisdiction, that does not mean that there was a problem with the elections,” Karalunas said. “There are processes in place to make sure that certification ultimately will happen in a timely fashion and that their vote will be counted.”

trumP loves to say the quiet part out loud 

• Rage+1 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Garland better go on TV and do some saber rattling.  Announce some indictments for more of those fake electors and that the Justice Dept is hiring 2,000 more lawyers in anticipation of more monkey business in November.  Remind people Biden has immunity and scare the shit out of these rubes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

On 8/6/2024 at 1:50 AM, tx 3 putt said:

So… what happens if the results aren’t certified? Biden issues an executive order granting himself emergency power and delaying the transition to the next administration until it’s resolved? You know, as an official act and all that jazz.

This shit is troubling, but it would be far more dangerous if a Republican were currently seated in the White House.

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

So… what happens if the results aren’t certified? 

I assume these will be resolved before January.  For instance, Arizona's supreme court ruled that Cochise County had to certify their results after 2 of the 3 supervisors didn't want to do it in 2022.  The SOS sued and the SCOAZ ruled in their favor. 

So this is what i think will happen.  You will see the SOS in states like MI, AZ, NV, PA ready to sue to get vote counts certified. The WI Election Commission is majority Dem so I'm not that worried. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I assume these will be resolved before January.  For instance, Arizona's supreme court ruled that Cochise County had to certify their results after 2 of the 3 supervisors didn't want to do it in 2022.  The SOS sued and the SCOAZ ruled in their favor. 

So this is what i think will happen.  You will see the SOS in states like MI, AZ, NV, PA ready to sue to get vote counts certified. The WI Election Commission is majority Dem so I'm not that worried. 

While I value your perspective, the current members of SCOTUS are in the bag for bozo. That does worry me.

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This shit is troubling, but it would be far more dangerous if a Republican were currently seated in the White House.

Don't worry man, I'm sure Garland will take a  look at it next year sometime, or maybe the year after. I dont know there's a sale at Home Depot and he's gotta buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. I don't know, I don't know if he'll have enough time”

What an ineffective  piece of shit he turned out to be. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

While I value your perspective, the current members of SCOTUS are in the bag for bozo. That does worry me.

None of that certification of votes by individual counties goes to SCOTUS. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also I just refuse to sit here and doom and gloom and whine that it is going to be stolen.

It will only be stolen if you let them steal it.  All this is doing is convincing soft supporters not to vote because it won't matter.  That's how you lose.

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

This is how you fuck around and get new voting rights laws on the books.  With modern voting laws, the GOP is fucked for the future and I'm here for it.

This is what I"ve been thinking for the last week or so...they're going to fuck around with this, and it would be an excellent impetus for a Harris administration to put their fucking foot down and insist on federal election guidelines, that states must meet. Including the same rules for counting mail in ballots, etc, so there is an expectation going forward that people will KNOW counts within X period of time, and it's the same for every state. None of this "I woke up and Trump was winning and he lost Bigly it's rigged bullshit." You will teach the expectation for everyone every single election and none of this misinformation bullshit will be able to take root about overnight fuckery. It's just "this is how it is in every state."

If they can jam in some fucking anti-gerrymandering shit, and some ranked choice voting, well then, fuck yeah. 

• Hook 'Em 7

28 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

SCOTUS can make their decision. How they enforce it is a different question. Because I honestly believe the executive response to a SCOTUS ruling that gives the white house to MAGA, should be "nah."

• Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is what I"ve been thinking for the last week or so...they're going to fuck around with this, and it would be an excellent impetus for a Harris administration to put their fucking foot down and insist on federal election guidelines, that states must meet. Including the same rules for counting mail in ballots, etc, so there is an expectation going forward that people will KNOW counts within X period of time, and it's the same for every state. None of this "I woke up and Trump was winning and he lost Bigly it's rigged bullshit." You will teach the expectation for everyone every single election and none of this misinformation bullshit will be able to take root about overnight fuckery. It's just "this is how it is in every state."

If they can jam in some fucking anti-gerrymandering shit, and some ranked choice voting, well then, fuck yeah. 

106873214-16192052930271-2021-04-23T1859

• Haha 1

I have no doubt that we will see a county election official destroy, or at least attempt to destroy, all vote records other than the total votes summary. It will be in a red county that either flipped to Harris or at least Trump won by a smaller expected percentage. The election official will use the unofficial vote tally as evidence of fake votes.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I dont disagree  with your  comments, but why the fuck are we waiting around until after a second attempt at this shit  to justify making changes. The fact that DJT and a lot of other people responsible for all the BS after the 2020 election are still walking around 4 years  later completely free to give it another shot infuriates me. Fucking around with this when the SC is packed with Trump sycophants  is begging to find out. Its the single biggest democratic party failure for the last 4 years.  Fool me 16 times, shame on me.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

I dont disagree  with your  comments, but why the fuck are we waiting around until after a second attempt at this shit  to justify making changes. The fact that DJT and a lot of other people responsible for all the BS after the 2020 election are still walking around 4 years  later completely free to give it another shot infuriates me. Fucking around with this when the SC is packed with Trump sycophants  is begging to find out. Its the single biggest democratic party failure for the last 4 years.  Fool me 16 times, shame on me.

We don’t have the votes now in the house. I’m assuming we need a blue wave, to hold the senate, and bypass the filibuster for this to happen, which means after the election. 

that or they do something so horrific it creates bipartisan support, which also means after the election. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

We don’t have the votes now in the house. I’m assuming we need a blue wave, to hold the senate, and bypass the filibuster for this to happen, which means after the election. 

that or they do something so horrific it creates bipartisan support, which also means after the election. 

They had control of the house in 2020. Making sure our democracy was safe from future fuckery should have started then, especially because at that time for a fleeting moment you had republicans on record blaming trump for that shit. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blotto said:

They had control of the house in 2020. Making sure our democracy was safe from future fuckery should have started then, especially because at that time for a fleeting moment you had republicans on record blaming trump for that shit. 

Well, they didn’t have the senate. Thank Synema and manchin. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

46 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Good thing he's working hard to nail down states like Montana and Utah.

He's not trying to win Utah.   He's grifting from the rich fucks who visit Park City. 

• Hook 'Em 1