2024 Election Fuckery Tracking Thread

tx 3 putt

On 8/21/2024 at 4:14 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That would make Mike Johnson President as soon as Kamala gets assassinated

Nope, Harris appoints Walz as VP the moment she’s sworn in and states no confirmation is required because official act / total immunity. 

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

if this election gets the supreme court, we are fucked !!!

sc justices are working behind the scenes to get the right cases / issues in front of them

qanon for the left

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

First - why the fuck is this guy still in this role?

Second - why does this shit only dawn on the Dems within 2 months of the election? 

Seems like this is sorta political malpractice after the 2020 election. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 7

6 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Biden can’t fire him and there’s still a “Dem” appointee on the board that Trump appointed who won’t vote him off. They’re one vote short, I believe 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

I know there’s some kinda Rube Goldberg mechanics to get him replaced, but the fact this admin didn’t get it done is a blight on the term. Just hoping it doesn’t have November impact

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Second - why does this shit only dawn on the Dems within 2 months of the election? 

Seems like this is sorta political malpractice after the 2020 election. 

Both of these were exactly my thoughts when I read this. How the fuck is this guy still in charge?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Remind me again, why can't the president fire him?

Because only the board has that power. Looks like a bunch of appointees are waiting confirmation, including the one that would replace the current chair 

The Postmaster General is not a member of the Cabinet and is not in line to be president. The position is selected by the Board of Governors of the Postal Service, whose members are appointed by the president with the advice and consent of the Senate. They serve seven year terms.

The Postmaster General’s office has no fixed term, meaning that DeJoy can serve as long as the Board of Governors approves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Because only the board has that power. Looks like a bunch of appointees are waiting confirmation, including the one that would replace the current chair 

The Postmaster General is not a member of the Cabinet and is not in line to be president. The position is selected by the Board of Governors of the Postal Service, whose members are appointed by the president with the advice and consent of the Senate. They serve seven year terms.

The Postmaster General’s office has no fixed term, meaning that DeJoy can serve as long as the Board of Governors approves.

Biden appointees have been in the majority since 2022: https://federalnewsnetwork.com/people/2022/05/usps-board-is-now-mostly-biden-picks-following-latest-senate-confirmations/

But: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/13/how-louis-dejoy-went-from-democratic-nightmare-fuel-to-biden-clean-energy-player-00110945

• Rage+1 1

There’s 9 voting members, and by my count only 3 are trump appointed including dejoy. 

No more than 5 members from one party allowed. So Biden had to appoint a republican/independent 

Edited by bluto

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The Politico article strikes me as revealing on the nature of all the "swamp" claims around D.C.  

Just now, David Dennison said:

Guess who voted to keep the current chair in office.

You’re right. It’s all Joe Biden’s fault! As usual. Not voting for him in November 

• Haha 1

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/09/12/tarrant-county-college-voting-location/

4-1 vote against
10% of the early votes in 2020 in Tarrant County came from the college campuses - "low voter turnout" 

An effort by some Republican officials to curb access to early voting on college campuses in Tarrant County failed Thursday, after Tarrant County Commissioners Court voted to keep the polling sites in place.

The push to limit the voting locations was led by Judge Tim O’Hare, a Republican and the chief elected official of the county. He said the measure was intended to save money because those poll locations had low voter turnout. Democrats on the commissioners' court and local voting rights advocates called the effort an attempt at voter suppression targeted at people of color and younger voters who tend to be more liberal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 8/21/2024 at 4:24 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Republicans in Congress, like Ted Cruz, will do their best to delay or cancel out the election result when Harris wins. If they are successful, the current President (Biden or Harris if Biden retired) would cease to be President on Inauguration Day. If Congress and the Courts somehow tied up the proceedings, it would seem logical that the Speaker would temporarily become President while the mess was sorted out. If the Courts ultimately agreed that Harris won, I would think that Johnson steps down and Harris would get sworn in.

And if the West Wing storyline was correct, the Speaker would have to resign their seat in Congress to become President. John Goodman has to do so to take over from Martin Sheen when the first daughter was kidnapped.

On 9/5/2024 at 12:21 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Nope, Harris appoints Walz as VP the moment she’s sworn in and states no confirmation is required because official act / total immunity. 

I think that New Congress gets seated before January 20th so if Dems win the house we should have Speaker Jeffries in the House.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

I think that New Congress gets seated before January 20th so if Dems win the house we should have Speaker Jeffries in the House.

The new Congress is sworn in on Jan 3 - they are who will be certifying the Electoral College vote.

Nebraska back at it trying to change their EC rules to winner-take-all at the last minute.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lindsey-graham-nebraska-electoral-college-vote-kamala-harris/

"As I have also made clear, I am willing to convene the Legislature for a special session to fix this 30-year-old problem before the 2024 election," the governor said, though he noted that he must first receive indication that there's enough support among state senators. Early voting in Nebraska begins on Oct. 1, but the secretary of state said a switch to a winner-take-all system could be implemented anytime before Election Day on Nov. 5, according to a report from KOLN.