2024 Election Fuckery Tracking Thread

tx 3 putt

15 hours ago, Js1 said:

None of that certification of votes by individual counties goes to SCOTUS. 

As the law is currently construed, yes, matters of election conduct are for the states and the states only.  So yes.

15 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

His fucking tax returns went to the Supreme Court. They will find a way to stick their noses in it. 

Federal tax returns, subpoenaed by the US Congress and in a US federal court, where an appeal lies to the Supreme Court.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

His fucking tax returns went to the Supreme Court. They will find a way to stick their noses in it. 

Thomas and Alito will always find a path for them

Edited by tx 3 putt

Youngkin just announced executive order all ballots will be paper and counted by hand in Virginia. So now we get to hear the rage bitching about how long it’ll take come mid November when the count is still running

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4818341-january-6-election-trump/

Money quote from Chris LaCivita: “It’s not over until he puts his hand on the Bible and takes the oath. It’s not over until then. It’s not over on Election Day, it’s over on Inauguration Day, cause I wouldn’t put anything past anybody.”

My college history professor often yelled his favorite quote, from Winston Churchill, so we would never forget: “Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” It comes to mind now as American voters will soon elect a new president and the events of Jan. 6, 2021, have been nearly forgotten.

The Wall Street Journal recently interviewed a representative group of first-time college student voters aged 18 to 21 about issues impacting their presidential choice. Not one student mentioned Jan. 6 or related threats to democracy.

Thankfully, a January 2024 Washington Post poll found that 55 percent of Americans believed Jan. 6 was an attack on democracy that should never be forgotten. Meanwhile, the remaining 45 percent have forgotten or rationalized why the 2024 Republican presidential nominee was indicted last August for a conspiracy to remain in power after being soundly rejected by voters in the 2020 election.

Allegedly, the then-president’s elaborate scheme encouraged an army of Trump supporters to organize a violent assault on the U.S. Capitol. Trump has successfully dragged out appeals and motions and has yet to be held accountable. Therefore, in November, voters will render the verdict.

What has made America great again every four years since its founding is that the peaceful transfer of presidential power is normal and expected. Beginning in 1788 our nation has held a presidential election in times of war and peace every four years. On Inauguration Day, every winner has placed his hand on the Bible and sworn an oath of allegiance to the Constitution.

Although President Biden’s inauguration was ultimately peaceful, the heavy military presence throughout Washington reflected a nation under siege after Jan. 6.

Six months from now, our nation should start a new streak of peaceful transfers. Yet, if Trump loses, President Biden is “not confident” of one. Here are four signs why January 2025 could be turbulent.

First, there is a dangerous expectation that if Trump loses, the election will have been rigged or stolen. I receive countless Trump campaign or Trump-allied organization emails, texts and social media messages warning how the Democrats are planning to steal the election, so “donate now.” Since Trump’s followers believe that only Trump can “save America,” he cannot lose by any fault of his own. Hence, the prospect of another “stolen” election is a fundraising bonanza, sowing the seeds of inaugural political unrest.

Second, in an interview during the Republican National Convention, Trump campaign co-manager Chris LaCivita said about his boss: “It’s not over until he puts his hand on the Bible and takes the oath. It’s not over until then. It’s not over on Election Day, it’s over on Inauguration Day, cause I wouldn’t put anything past anybody.”

LaCivita is gearing up for an epic electoral fight, blatantly warning that only if Trump wins will he accept the election results. Trump has made similar statements — our Founding Fathers’ worst nightmare — because the transfer of presidential power requires acquiescing to the will of the people.

It is immoral and un-American to assume without evidence that the opposing team will cheat and rob your guy of the presidency. Yet LaCivita’s message barely made a political ripple. Even just 20 years ago, such a statement from a major-party presidential campaign manager would have outraged the candidate and the nation, resulting in his termination.

Third, on July 29 Trump was interviewed by Fox News host Laura Ingraham. She asked about remarks he made at a Christian voter gathering that some interpreted as dictatorial— eliminating the need for voting. Trump told the Christians, “You have to vote on Nov. 5. After that, you don’t have to worry about voting anymore. I don’t care, because we’re going to fix it. The country will be fixed …”

Such bravado prompted Ingraham to ask Trump, “But you will leave office after four years?” He replied, “Of course. By the way, and I did last time. I kept hearing, he’s not going to leave. He’s not going to leave. Look, they are the ones that are a threat to democracy.”

Who are “they”? Again, imagine pre-Trump presidential campaigns. If either candidate called the other a “threat to democracy,” voters and the media would have been outraged. Moreover, the irony of Trump accusing his opponent (“they”) of being a “threat to democracy,” after he was indicted for trying to overturn the 2020 election, proves that Trump has mastered projecting his behavior onto others. Should he lose, this does not bode well for a peaceful transfer of power.

Fourth, both parties are shying away from featuring Jan. 6 in 2024 campaign ads. Has Jan. 6 been normalized and baked into the firmament of the election? Voters appear to have moved on and could explain why Trump announced he would “pardon the J-6 hostages.”

With the delay of his trial and the July boost from the Supreme Court’s confounding presidential immunity ruling, Trump has managed to turn himself and the Jan. 6 attackers into victims while Republicans applaud. Furthermore, the Supreme Court justices have diminished the importance of Jan. 6, which could jeopardize the next transfer of power.

Win or lose, Kamala Harris will be the star on Jan. 6, 2025. As vice president, she will certify the Electoral College and announce herself or Trump as president. If the latter, given the Supreme Court ruling that nearly everything is an official act, presidential guardrails have been removed. Democracy is fragile, so voters beware: “Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

On 8/7/2024 at 5:03 PM, Blotto said:

I dont disagree  with your  comments, but why the fuck are we waiting around until after a second attempt at this shit  to justify making changes. The fact that DJT and a lot of other people responsible for all the BS after the 2020 election are still walking around 4 years  later completely free to give it another shot infuriates me. Fucking around with this when the SC is packed with Trump sycophants  is begging to find out. Its the single biggest democratic party failure for the last 4 years.  Fool me 16 times, shame on me.

agmerrickgarlandofficialport.jpg?itok=4K

Because of this limp dick lame ass mother fucker.

On 8/8/2024 at 6:40 AM, TwiceHorn said:

As the law is currently construed, yes, matters of election conduct are for the states and the states only.  So yes.

Federal tax returns, subpoenaed by the US Congress and in a US federal court, where an appeal lies to the Supreme Court.

POTUS is a federal office, therefore we (SCOTUS) as the highest federal court need to rule on this.

Done and dusted.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

I've pointed out elsewhere that fewer than half of Texas's adult population successfully voted in the last presidential election, which is far lower than most any other state. Voter suppression works, and it keeps this state in the Republican column. The GQP is fervently in favor of thwarting the will of the people.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

When in doubt, choose who is allowed to vote. They are louder and louder calls to only allow voting from some combination of the following: land owners, men, parents, and if your grandfather had the right to vote. I assume that being a Christian and White is also spoken but in slightly more hushed tones.

44 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I am shocked, SHOCKED that Hartzell would disrupt UT students’ attempts to participate in democracy. 

Well, not that shocked. 

Yea Right GIF

Though someone in the comments said it is just moving next door to the Student Union 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

We have confirmed with the Travis County Clerk that the decision to not host at the FAC was made by UT “due to planned construction”

"Hey, do we need to build anything near the FAC starting in the next few . . . weeks?"  Jay Hartzell, probably

• Haha 3

Once the vote is certified (assuming it gets that far), maybe Biden should step down so Kamala is already President before the inauguration.  Basically cockblock any fuckery between certification and the inauguration. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is what DeSantis wants as the amendment on the ballot: "The proposed amendment would result in significantly more abortions and fewer live births per year in Florida... There is also uncertainty about whether the amendment will require the state to subsidize abortions with public funds." 

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There is also uncertainty about whether the amendment will require the state to subsidize abortions with public funds." 

complete bs / scare the olds tatic

On 8/14/2024 at 2:57 PM, CooterBrown said:

Once the vote is certified (assuming it gets that far), maybe Biden should step down so Kamala is already President before the inauguration.  Basically cockblock any fuckery between certification and the inauguration. 

That would make Mike Johnson President as soon as Kamala gets assassinated

• Hook 'Em 2

Good call. You’ve lost two popular votes by about 10 million so why would you need more votes?

I’m glad he’s saying this stuff though. It may get read aloud in a courtroom at some point.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/14/2024 at 2:57 PM, CooterBrown said:

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That would make Mike Johnson President as soon as Kamala gets assassinated

Republicans in Congress, like Ted Cruz, will do their best to delay or cancel out the election result when Harris wins. If they are successful, the current President (Biden or Harris if Biden retired) would cease to be President on Inauguration Day. If Congress and the Courts somehow tied up the proceedings, it would seem logical that the Speaker would temporarily become President while the mess was sorted out. If the Courts ultimately agreed that Harris won, I would think that Johnson steps down and Harris would get sworn in.

And if the West Wing storyline was correct, the Speaker would have to resign their seat in Congress to become President. John Goodman has to do so to take over from Martin Sheen when the first daughter was kidnapped.

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Good call. You’ve lost two popular votes by about 10 million so why would you need more votes?

I’m glad he’s saying this stuff though. It may get read aloud in a courtroom at some point.

he’s good at saying the quiet part out loud 

2020 was a good practice run for them

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If they are successful, the current President (Biden or Harris if Biden retired) would cease to be President on Inauguration Day. If Congress and the Courts somehow tied up the proceedings, it would seem logical that the Speaker would temporarily become President while the mess was sorted out.

And it’s the Speaker of the NEW Congress.  Decent chance it’s not Johnson. Not sure why this confuses people - new Congress swears in on the 3rd, POTUS on the 20th. Much more likely to be Hakeem Jeffries 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/22/2024 at 4:47 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Paxton making claims and no proof ….

87 yo long time latina activist complained about Texas mail in ballot issues, helped seniors register to vote. the Tx gestapo shows up at her door 6am with a warrant. paxton’s power in Texas is unchecked  ….

• Rage+1 6

43 minutes ago, Texas Jeff said:

Yeah, it’s moving all the way to the Union next door. Squirrels could figure it out.

Yeah on the surface it doesn’t seem like a big deal. It’s right next door! But maybe that means fewer booths and longer lines. Still accomplishes the goal of suppression 

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Yeah on the surface it doesn’t seem like a big deal. It’s right next door! But maybe that means fewer booths and longer lines. Still accomplishes the goal of suppression 

Well I get that the change might do that, but I would wait and see what they set up.  It's reasonable to believe that the folks in charge might be trying to pull a fast one.  However, in deep blue Travis County, it's hard to imagine that they would wish to suppress the student vote.  Everyone could make voting faster by printing a sample ballot ahead of time, marking it up, and just entering your choices when you get to the booth.

UT students have ample opportunity to early vote with no lines for two weeks.  Lines form on election days because students are slackers who wait until the last possible minute to do something.  Now, if Travis County decided to take away early voting from the UT campus I would agree that shenanigans were afoot.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

• 2 weeks later...