Colin Allred, running the two minute offense

Covri

21 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Just saw an Allred commercial during the shotput. It was literally a "both sides" commercial that would make @Anastasis blush. 

Can you find it on his YouTube page and link it here or describe it?

2 hours ago, GenXer said:

“both parties”

The guy is amazing. In his other commercial he was giving out credit to both parties for fixing the border. It's also the fault of both parties that it's not fixed. He's Schrodïnger's candidate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Colin can’t depend on the blues and independents to turnout in numbers large enough to neutralize rural Texas. His advisers appear to be banking on him being perceived as a good, competent, not scary Dem who won’t embarrass the state before the world.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Colin can’t depend on the blues and independents to turnout in numbers large enough to neutralize rural Texas.

Not being a milquetoast windsock,  he can’t. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Not being a milquetoast windsock,  he can’t. 

That’s offensive and I won’t stand for it. Windsocks are actually useful 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Not one event scheduled:

https://colinallred.com/events/

I clicked this link and saw no events. Immediately, a “become a donor” page popped up. Because of course.

I get several texts requesting donations every day. I’ve resorted to responding with the following link and nothing else.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/2181

I want the under-insured 20 something single mom with a type 1 diabetic child to have options on buying their kid’s insulin. I was quoted $5000 for one month’s supply for one of my two types of insulin in June when I hadn’t gotten my new health insurance card. My endocrinologist tells me she has patients that ration their insulin. 

• Rage+1 3

There is something ambitious, if possibly stupid, in chasing the Venn Diagram overlap voter who is prioritizing border security but also excited to vote for a Black Democrat against an incumbent.  

Unfortunately this race likely lacks the kind of profile that would justify it, but I’d love a New Yorker-style post election deep dive on the campaign- @Bozo_Casanova keeps finger pointing at staid Democratic consultants but I just can’t imagine anyone who does that for a living telling Allred “Everyone else is running on the economy, Trump, and abortion, but we think you should run on border security.  Also, don’t ever mention your opponent that has some of the highest negatives of any senator alive.”

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

This just occurred to me: we didn't trot out Texas' Herschel Walker, did we?

No.  Herschel is legit retarded

Allred is just an empty suit 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

convince me how that is better

Go look at what Tuberville did to delay delay delay military promotions and vacancies.   Herschel would do the same, because he's a puppet being controlled by other interests.

Allred wouldn't do that.  I don't think. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Allreds campaign opened up a field office in my neighborhood in central Austin and I haven’t seen a single car or human being there. At least the progress pride flag is hung with defiant pride behind the building’s tinted windows 🙄

• 2 weeks later...

I got a text from someone working for governor newsom’s office about turning out the democratic vote this November in Texas. Have not gotten any such thing from Allred’s team… not that I want these texts, but it’s the principality of it.

On 8/4/2024 at 3:52 PM, Satchel said:

Colin can’t depend on the blues and independents to turnout in numbers large enough to neutralize rural Texas. His advisers appear to be banking on him being perceived as a good, competent, not scary Dem who won’t embarrass the state before the world.

Harris county alone has enough potential votes to kick Cruz. Try being fucking inspirational 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/5/2024 at 9:24 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

He’s a clown with no backbone. Like Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson. 

100%. Allred wasn't nearly this feckless as a Congressman. Not sure what exactly happened.

5 minutes ago, royiv said:

I would love to see some polling on name recognition. I bet less than half of registered voters in Texas know that Allred is the Democratic nominee for senate.

I'd be surprised if he even got to 25% name recognition. 

24 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

TDP strikes again

In a year where Ds nationally have finally found their footing and have come out of their corner landing big hooks, we nominate a sentient stock photo of a not TOO black guy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

He has some GenZ kids running his Twitter. Maybe reach out there and ask him to get the word to this guy- where the f you at bro?

There’s multiple replies in his tweets asking that very thing. Asking him to get out and campaign. I don’t think the GenZ bunch is reading past the vote for Cruz responses that automatically are atop the comments.

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Allred is a dickless sloth who should be sued for fraud by everyone that donated money to his campaign. What the fuck does he do all day? Where does that $40M+ go? 

Roland would have been better. You’d have a black woman at the top to turn out the black + female vote and a Hispanic man to turn out the valley.

Allred does nothing 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1