Colin Allred, running the two minute offense

Covri

27 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

I'm not sure it's a winning strategy but it's clear he's trying to appeal to country club republicans.  Problem for him is that a large number of those are closeted racists.

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

I'm not sure it's a winning strategy but it's clear he's trying to appeal to country club republicans.  Problem for him is that a large number of those are closeted racists.

Lol. That ad is a month old at least and I haven't seen it anywhere in the wild. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. That ad is a month old at least and I haven't seen it anywhere in the wild. 

Well I saw it today for the first time on Dallas NBC affiliate during the Today Show.

ETA:  Compared to the terrible commercial with him and his wife talking about how he likes to work with Republicans I thought it was a considerable improvement.

Edited by DDD Dad

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I've actually seen it 3-4 times a day on YTTV. I've seen less than nothing from Cruz. I think they are sitting on warchests until 3 weeks before the election. That is just around the corner.

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

12 hours ago, RPM said:

I've actually seen it 3-4 times a day on YTTV. I've seen less than nothing from Cruz. I think they are sitting on warchests until 3 weeks before the election. That is just around the corner.

Yep, seen it a lot on YouTube.

21 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

He’s not going to win or have a chance by being tied to the national party brand. Tester and Sherrod Brown are both skipping too 

He's not going to win doing nothing either. At least Beto criss crossed all over the State talking to people. I still see Beto stickers on cars.

I've never seen an Allred sign or sticker or any evidence he exists in the real world.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

So he’s appealing strictly to the Qanon and under 25 vote. Great strategy.

Saw it again last night on the local news. That’s got to be the 50+ demographic. 

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

He's not going to win doing nothing either. At least Beto criss crossed all over the State talking to people. I still see Beto stickers on cars.

I've never seen an Allred sign or sticker or any evidence he exists in the real world.

There’s one house in my neighborhood with a sign. Lol

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

He just shows up on my computer and phone screens, unbidden and unwelcome, to harrass me with semi-comic nonsequiturs. He’s like Max Headroom.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

no idea who's running his campaign but this guy is pure dud 

‘Running’ implies movement. Action.

Necrotizing is the best verb to encapsulate whatever it is the campaign is doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

If by some miracle this guy actually wins, he's going to be the new Sinema or Manchen, right?

I think he'd have to put in a lot more work than he seems willing to do to reach that level. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

It’s not like this couldn’t have been predicted. The moment he signed onto the Republican resolution to condemn Biden’s handling of the border, I hit the eject button on Allred and voted for Gutierrez. Pisses me off that other Dems couldn’t see the writing on the wall and we ended up with a guy that disappeared after the primary.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

How did this guy win the primary? Gonna go with AIPAC money for now unless someone corrects me. Not sure how reliable this source is.

Screenshot_20240817_092331_Chrome.thumb.jpg.65ac7621ef14cabe7c5d923b2c36bf56.jpg

We open primary in Texas. I would not be surprised if Republicans came out and voted for Allred because they were shaking in their boots at how stupid Roland Gutierrez would make Ted Cruz and Greg Abbott look. Gutierrez has been vocal and passionate about fighting for the Uvalde families since Day 1.

• Hook 'Em 2

On the bright side, if Allred does pull off a miracle and beat Cruz without doing any campaigning at least we end up with a less shitty Republican as the junior senator from Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

On a positive note, at least this f'n zero will no longer be occupying a seat in the House. I know nothing about  the dem candidate for his seat, Julie Johnson, but I presume her  morning turds are more sentient than Allred. What a joke  he is. I just found out he is a Baylor guy, so it makes complete sense he's raping our dreams of kicking Cruz to the curb. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Blotto said:

On a positive note, at least this f'n zero will no longer be occupying a seat in the House. I know nothing about  the dem candidate for his seat, Julie Johnson, but I presume her  morning turds are more sentient than Allred. What a joke  he is. I just found out he is a Baylor guy, so it makes complete sense he's raping our dreams of kicking Cruz to the curb. 

It’s a surprise that, as a Baylor guy, he’s not really forcing himself on us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, royiv said:

It’s not like this couldn’t have been predicted. The moment he signed onto the Republican resolution to condemn Biden’s handling of the border, I hit the eject button on Allred and voted for Gutierrez. Pisses me off that other Dems couldn’t see the writing on the wall and we ended up with a guy that disappeared after the primary.

Wish I knew this before hand.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, royiv said:

On the bright side, if Allred does pull off a miracle and beat Cruz without doing any campaigning at least we end up with a less shitty Republican as the junior senator from Texas.

Omg how delicious would it be if he won, Cornyn retires, Cruz runs again in 2026 and loses again?

(Only one of those things might happen)

On 8/16/2024 at 10:11 AM, DDD Dad said:

He's going to lose. I'm sorry cause I donated to the guy and really like him. I wish I knew what ad agency was working on his campaign, it's bad.

Edited by Brandywine

Worth mentioning that the Texas GOP is in disarray at the moment, basically absent in support of the least popular GOP presidential nominee and the least popular GOP incumbent senator in this era, with Democrats in a good mood for one. 
This is a golden opportunity to win a statewide race. Where is Allred?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Worth mentioning that the Texas GOP is in disarray at the moment, basically absent in support of the least popular GOP presidential nominee and the least popular GOP incumbent senator in this era, with Democrats in a good mood for one. 

is he a reliable source though

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

What is a victory chair?

39 minutes ago, swraith said:

What is a victory chair?

I believe it’s a downballot GOTV, registration and fundraising coordination role. I’m not sure how important it is- what’s important is that the last one was a casualty of the ongoing civil war inside the Texas GOP and the position is unfilled because the executive committee and county orgs are riven by dissent and factional conflict. 
or so looks from the outside, anyway.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

God he’s fucking stupid or his campaign manager is. No mention of Kamala or the DNC convention on his Twitter page. He thanked Biden for stepping down and never acknowledges Kamala’s ascension after that. And if what Ychang posted is accurate he’s shying away from even being on tv at the convention so no nightly local news coverage of him there this week. 

On 8/17/2024 at 8:10 AM, Hawndoh said:

Yep, never have seen one.  

On 8/17/2024 at 6:54 AM, SydneyCarton said:

So he’s appealing strictly to the Qanon and under 25 vote. Great strategy.

No, because he pops up at random times on YouTube - it's not like I'm watching some conspiracy-theory documentary on weird signals being sent by some Russian radio station for decades, and then one night the signals change, and then the next they are back to the same thing they were doing for 40 years.

And my YT interests are all over the place - one hour, World War II stuff, the next space stuff, the next 1980s Computer Chronicles stuff, etc.

He's just doing an extremely cheap ad buy - I've never done one through YouTube, but have through Google/AdSense before, and me thinks he's going for the cheaper tier that runs ads whenever no other ads are running (or he's spending 10 cents to run an ad in a particular spot when everybody else would spend 8 cents.).

On 8/17/2024 at 1:08 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Abbott deep cover double agent ?

I'm about 75% convinced that he's a fucking plant by the Republicans (or Ted Cruz) to keep Cruz safe.  For somebody who took in as much money as he did, I'm not seeing it being spent anywhere outside of YouTube.

2 hours ago, Covri said:

God he’s fucking stupid or his campaign manager is. No mention of Kamala or the DNC convention on his Twitter page. He thanked Biden for stepping down and never acknowledges Kamala’s ascension after that. And if what Ychang posted is accurate he’s shying away from even being on tv at the convention so no nightly local news coverage of him there this week. 

Okay, I'm about %85-90 convinced he's a plant by Ted Cruz or the Republicans.

This is the dumbest fucking campaign I've ever seen.

Baylor grads are gonna Baylor though.

• Hook 'Em 2