Colin Allred, running the two minute offense

Covri

On 8/17/2024 at 1:36 PM, royiv said:

It’s not like this couldn’t have been predicted. The moment he signed onto the Republican resolution to condemn Biden’s handling of the border, I hit the eject button on Allred and voted for Gutierrez. Pisses me off that other Dems couldn’t see the writing on the wall and we ended up with a guy that disappeared after the primary.

Do you have a link for this?  This site suggests the opposite.

image.thumb.png.74bb83375277021d85cdb23545cc010e.png

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Watch his YouTube ads. He makes it clear he disagrees with Biden on the border.

I’ve watched all of them and I know what you’re saying, I needed a link to that specific claim and google first results said the opposite.

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Watch his YouTube ads. He makes it clear he disagrees with Biden on the border.

Thinking that 2024, running against Ted Cruz with Donald Trump on the ballot,  was a year to win by triangulating on wedge issues with YouTube ads while doing no grass roots work is truly Texas Democrat galaxy brain shit. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

I brought up his lack of campaigning to my wife last night and she argued he was because she gets 6+ emails a day from his campaign. I was like spam mails aren’t campaigning. Her response was that I was falling for misinformation. This is the current state of his campaign lol.

Just now, safe sex said:

Don't have a link handy atm, but I saw that Allred is speaking at the DNC tonight

I posted in the DNC thread, but yes, he is speaking.  

36 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Don't have a link handy atm, but I saw that Allred is speaking at the DNC tonight

CNN has this:

Reps. Katherine Clark, Lucy McBath, Joe Neguse, Maxwell Frost, Elissa Slotkin, Colin Allred and Ruben Gallego

41 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Pretty big about face for him. I’ll give him credit for seeing the light and getting on board with Kamala.

On 8/20/2024 at 9:19 PM, YChang said:

I really hope Harris or Walz campaigns down here… I just want to see what this milquetoast will do especially if she continues to perform/polls well. 

If they try to do that bus shit here again, I can picture Walz opening the windows throwing blue paint and beer bottles at them and telling the bus driver to swerve so they run right off the road. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Covri said:

Link doesn’t take me to the thread but I assume this is the one?

Interesting she took it down. The gist was he gave a speech to the TX delegates at a breakfast and it fell very flat. If recall (it was this morning) to paraphrase, she described the audience using the term "a slap in the face." 

This is all working wonderfully and Cruz/Fox News has had zero time to make him out be this nationally recognized, professional baby killer that steals guns from Republicans. On top of that he hasn’t spent money bothering people the data shows will already vote Democrat. What a guy! I’m in love! 

There is something to be said about lulling Texas Republicans into thinking it won't be a close election (or not reminding them that there's a Senate election at all). I assume a lot of Texas R's think Cruz has a lifetime appointment at this point.

As the most correct person on this board, I’d like to thank myself for maintaining steadfast support of John Whitmire, lifelong Democrat, as mayor in Houston. Knowing this would be the best thing possible, and throwing cold water on any anger/enthusiasm from the largest area of Republican voters in the state.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

There is something to be said about lulling Texas Republicans into thinking it won't be a close election (or not reminding them that there's a Senate election at all). I assume a lot of Texas R's think Cruz has a lifetime appointment at this point.

Rope-a-dope could work. I saw on MSNBC Beto is working to register new dems statewide. If the U of H poll is accurate and there are resources to launch a last minute blitz, perhaps Allred has a puncher's chance. He will suck but not nearly as much as Cruz especially if he confirms judges.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, royiv said:

Pretty big about face for him. I’ll give him credit for seeing the light and getting on board with Kamala.

Still think he’s another Joe Manchin and he will give a speech whining about illegals and Biden being soft on the border.

I think it’s a huge fucking mistake to have him speaking tonight, because he’s spent too much time and money bashing Biden.

You dance with the one that brung ya, and trying to appeal to MAGA when it was Dems who gave you money and elevated you in the primary is wrong. 

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Still think he’s another Joe Manchin and he will give a speech whining about illegals and Biden being soft on the border.

I think it’s a huge fucking mistake to have him speaking tonight, because he’s spent too much time and money bashing Biden.

You dance with the one that brung ya, and trying to appeal to MAGA when it was Dems who gave you money and elevated you in the primary is wrong. 

They put on an Alabama candidate in his slot (or maybe he's just running late)

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He didn't speak long and it was mostly fluff, so nothing damaging. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

As inspiring as a Charlie Strong pep Talk

"It's just like baking a cake. The cake has been baked. The only thing you need to do now is put the icing on it and slice it. That's what this team is. The cake has been baked. Now it's just ready to be sliced."

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Not exactly what you mean, but my assumption is that Cruz thinks if he kisses the ring enough, he can get Clarence Thomas's seat during a 2nd Trump administration.

• Hook 'Em 1

On the comments about not seeing ads for Allred, that could be a sign of efficient campaigning. With targeted ads, it's a waste of money for Allred to advertise to people that are most likely already voting for him.

I barely see anything for Allred but I live in Houston and will vote for anyone not named Cruz. I could see a strategy for Allred that he should pretty much leave the bigger cities alone and count on Kamala to wrangle those votes and I presume >95% of her voters in the city will vote for Allred. He needs to work to pull voters in the Valley, suburbs and small towns. He won't win the majority there, at least in small towns, but receiving an additional ~5 points may just be enough.

It is a shame that the timing didn't work for this to be the 2018 Beto senate campaign year.

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I gotta say, it's fascinating that he is polling so well. I got some texts asking for donations but nothing more. Maybe the lull them to sleep and then hope for big turnout strategy will work.

or maybe Cruz is that disliked and Allred's strategy in response is to be as vanilla as possible to appeal to the broadest spectrum. guess it's working.

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Maybe the lull them to sleep and then hope for big turnout strategy will work.

I believe that political scientists call this strategy of campaigning ‘The Cosby’ 

• Haha 6