Colin Allred, running the two minute offense

Covri

12 hours ago, Satchel said:

Colin’s very beige campaign may very be working. He’s within 2 with 75 days to go. Turnout will determine if he wins or not.

Not sure.  Every trumper I know understands that race is over, and not much reason to show up.  All it takes is a reminder that they could lose the state as well, and they’ll reluctantly get up off the couch. 

26 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Not sure.  Every trumper I know understands that race is over, and not much reason to show up.  All it takes is a reminder that they could lose the state as well, and they’ll reluctantly get up off the couch. 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

We’ll see if that will be enough to offset the bump in turnout from newly registered young voters in the state.

50 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So everyone you know? I’m guessing the Venn diagram of Trumpers and your acquaintances is a perfect circle.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

or maybe Cruz is that disliked and Allred's strategy in response is to be as vanilla as possible to appeal to the broadest spectrum. guess it's working.

There are some who won’t admit it, but Texans are embarrassed by Cruz.

13 minutes ago, Satchel said:

We’ll see if that will be enough to offset the bump in turnout from newly registered young voters in the state.

Are there any figures on new voter registration numbers?  What will keep the Republicans from purging them?

Edited by DigglerontheHoof

11 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Yeah who knows.  Double whammy for R’s fighting their own apathy alongside huge boost from the D’s. 

9 minutes ago, royiv said:

So everyone you know? I’m guessing the Venn diagram of Trumpers and your acquaintances is a perfect circle.

There was a time your posts were at least funny, iirc.  Put in a modicum of effort for the rest of the boards sake anyhow. 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

On the comments about not seeing ads for Allred, that could be a sign of efficient campaigning. With targeted ads, it's a waste of money for Allred to advertise to people that are most likely already voting for him.

I think they are targeting users with YouTube ads based keywords and themes in addition to location. If I search YouTube for science and physics videos I get no political ads but if I search for the “best Golden Corrals in Texas” and “how to hide your fupa to look better at work and get more respect” I get a few Allred ads. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah who knows.  Double whammy for R’s fighting their own apathy alongside huge boost from the D’s. 

There was a time your posts were at least funny, iirc.  Put in a modicum of effort for the rest of the boards sake anyhow. 

Struck a nerve I see. Good. 

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Should be flooding the zone with Ted Cruz talking shit about Trump. HELLO Allred's campaign manager are you there?

Just play the clip at 1 min 40 seconds over and over 

These clips in a targeted social media ad campaign from the Ted Is Not Our Standard PAC urging MAGA to leave his line on the ballot blank would work. Get 3% of them to sit that race out, and he’s done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Haven’t paid attention to this race at all. But, in the back of my mind I’ve been hoping Allred has a shot. 

Just saw my first anti Allred ad.  It is effective for a significant section of the right, including moderates. It shows an Allred video saying the wall would come down because it’s racist. That message will not play well with a significant portion of the state votes he needs to flip. 

He should have talked about the impracticality of the wall instead. “Tell me how tall you are making the wall so the people can build ladders one foot taller”.  

Does he have a real shot at winning?

2 hours ago, Pods said:

If Allred wins, it's going to be Kamala and Co dragging him across the finish line. 

Dems need one of MT, FL, or TX but are down 2 - 4% in all three. I gave to Allred early but have stopped because of his inaction. Plus, his positions and poor campaign make it appear that he'll be the least effect Senator.

I've continued to give to Tester (MT) and Mucarsal-Powell (FL). Harris campaign has opened offices in FL, abortion access is on the ballot, and Mucaral-Powell is at least trying so I'm hopefully for a Florida Miracle.

11.23.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Got a Colin Allred ad on YouTube today  :shockedface:

Yeah, but was it for "Colin Allred for Senate," or was Colin a spokesman for some commemorative plates or some shit?  Because I think the second is more likely.

7 hours ago, Satchel said:

It’s clear Rafael is concerned. His latest ad has Colin claiming some wall is racist. He knows what gets his base all lathered.

And of course fails to acknowledge that he voted against border bill himself. 

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, but was it for "Colin Allred for Senate," or was Colin a spokesman for some commemorative plates or some shit?  Because I think the second is more likely.

I assumed it would be an ad for overcooked white bread.