Colin Allred, running the two minute offense

Covri

On 8/28/2024 at 7:29 PM, quigley said:

Dems need one of MT, FL, or TX but are down 2 - 4% in all three. I gave to Allred early but have stopped because of his inaction. Plus, his positions and poor campaign make it appear that he'll be the least effect Senator.

I've continued to give to Tester (MT) and Mucarsal-Powell (FL). Harris campaign has opened offices in FL, abortion access is on the ballot, and Mucaral-Powell is at least trying so I'm hopefully for a Florida Miracle.

11.23.jpg

I can't see Rick Scott losing.  As much as he and DeSantis hate each other, they'll work together to ensure they get the vote out because DeSantis can't afford to have Florida lose a statewide race, including othering DMP as an immigrant.  And in any event,  I don't think Rick Scott has ever lost.  Only shot is if the Dade voters that love Trump vote for DMP given her background.

• Rage+1 1

On 8/28/2024 at 4:39 PM, Pods said:

If Beto hadn't already shot his wad, he'd be competitive with Cruz this time.

Beto's issue is that he didn't go on the attack enough.   He didn't try to embarass people for supporting Cruz which should have been easy to do.  Heck going after Abbott would have been just as simple with the freeze and his supporters raking in money, just have a commercial with a bunch of tuxedo elites raining dollar down on him while he spins in his wheelchair laughing at all the money they fleeced from Texans.  Show him hugging the cops who stood by while they let children be slaughtered.       

Show the hypocrisy of the right, with their amnesty program from Reagan.  Show how they killed the border bill.   Show how immigrants benefit our society.  Show how they refuse to punish employers for hiring illegals including their fucking major donors.   

This isn't difficult, just call them on their bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

48 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I can't see Rick Scott losing.  As much as he and DeSantis hate each other, they'll work together to ensure they get the vote out because DeSantis can't afford to have Florida lose a statewide race, including othering DMP as an immigrant.  And in any event,  I don't think Rick Scott has ever lost.  Only shot is if the Dade voters that love Trump vote for DMP given her background.

The polls agree with you, and I do too. I'm looking for one of Tester, Allred, or DMP. I like Tester, but he'll be the last Dem to win in MT so I'd like to see Allred or DMP win if there's a choice.

Allred seems sleepy and appears to more centerist than I like. DMP seems to be trying to win and has reproductive rights coattails to hopefully pull her over the finish line.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm really hoping the combination of:

1. Energy from Harris
  2. Strong dislike of Cruz &
  3. Actual real campaigning from Allred post DNC (which is typical from past candidates) & he's heard the critcisms from the TX Dem base at the DNC of getting his ass in action 

is enough to get him through

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Beto's issue is that he didn't go on the attack enough.   He didn't try to embarass people for supporting Cruz which should have been easy to do

Beto was on the attack plenty.  If the supporters of Cruz or Trump were capable of being embarrassed into not voting we’d see that strategy employed successfully. 

I know we don’t like to admit it, but Beto ran into the fact that there’s just more GOP voters than there are Dems in Texas.  

Nate Silver talked about this in regards to Jaime Harrison in the 2020 South Carolina Senate race.  There was a poll taken that showed Harrison down by 2 points to Lindsay Graham, 46-44 (if I recall correctly), and Silver pointed out that 44% of the voters self-identified as Democrats and that was a great showing on Harrison’s part (in other words, he had obtained the support of pretty much every South Carolina voters who would be willing to vote for him).  That missing 10% wasn’t truly independent, they were Republicans who didn’t like Lindsay Graham but were still going to vote for him against Harrison when it counted.

I would be shocked if the same misunderstanding of the polling data by the media wasn’t happening here.  We already know that Allred has run a shit campaign-do we really think voters are coming around to him and they’ve only recently discovered a distaste for Ted Cruz?

• Hook 'Em 2

Pre-covid I felt like Beto represented the Dem's ceiling for statewide races and Cruz represented the GOP's statewide floor for statewide races. Now that a bunch of boomers have died and youths have reached voting age, I think the Dems' ceiling is higher and the GOP floor is lower. The race is winnable.

Not sure Allred is the guy who can come close to the ceiling (MJ Hegar sure as hell was not, and by 2022 Beto lost his shine after betting big and losing on making gun control his pet issue). I still think Cruz represents the floor.

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Pre-covid I felt like Beto represented the Dem's ceiling for statewide races and Cruz represented the GOP's statewide floor for statewide races. Now that a bunch of boomers have died and youths have reached voting age, I think the Dems' ceiling is higher and the GOP floor is lower. The race is winnable.

Not sure Allred is the guy who can come close to the ceiling (MJ Hegar sure as hell was not, and by 2022 Beto lost his shine after betting big and losing on making gun control his pet issue). I still think Cruz represents the floor.

Beto never should have ran for President or Governor. This state was ALMOST willing to send him to DC in a midterm, he should have used a presidential race in 2024 with higher turnout after spending 6 years doing an Abrams-like registration thing.  

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Rafael represents the shit you scrape off of your shoe that you stepped in on the floor

Ted Cruz is a chunk of vaginal discharge that somehow evolved into a sentient being.

• Hook 'Em 2

Beto was insane being so pro gun control in Texas. Got MAGAs fired up beyond belief.

Maybe lulling them to sleep is the right play but he's putting Dems asleep as well beyond the pro choice women in Texas that are fired up about this election regardless of the Dem candidate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

image.png.386ef2314510c1cb6d1f79077fb5df93.png

Spoke with an East Texas community organizer just this week who was lamenting the fact that Allred has not stepped one foot in the Eastern multi county area that is home to over 340,000 black resident who vote Democratic when they vote. He notes their numbers eclipsed those of black voters living in Bexar and Travis counties combined. Ignoring these voters could be the difference in winning and losing for Allred. 

• Rage+1 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

35 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

He isn’t winning.  He’s raising money, trying to sound not “librul“ and likely runs as an R at some point. 

Over butter biscuit Eric Johnson’s dead body.

• Haha 1

just heard an allred ad on the radio in houston. basically repeated his name and that he's running for senate 3 times. guess most have never heard of him so the old ad trick of repeating the number 3 times is the play.

24 minutes ago, elfenix said:

just heard an allred ad on the radio in houston. basically repeated his name and that he's running for senate 3 times. guess most have never heard of him so the old ad trick of repeating the number 3 times is the play.

This is proven to work, psychologically. We are hard wired for the number 3 for some reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

He isn’t winning.  He’s raising money, trying to sound not “librul“ and likely runs as an R at some point. 

Would gladly vote for a moderate Republican over Ted Cruz! Checked Cruz's twitter and nothing about helping Texans. Just fear mongering about brown people, Kamala being the devil, and Brazil banning X.

Being serious here- what has Cancun Cruz accomplished in 12 years beyond helping Israel get more weapons for a genocide? I know he begged for hurricane relief funds (after he said NO to hurricane Sandy funds) and has a fascination with hot air balloon rides for some reason.

--

Screenshot_20240831_004352_Chrome.thumb.jpg.791cb6debe1b404ecb03d7f7ce047c86.jpg

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Which one will be pandering at the Colorado State game today?

I’m hoping neither.  I wonder how many political ads we will see today.

Cruz is having a press conference today with Trev Alberts at Kroger Field. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

Cruz is having a press conference today with Trev Alberts at Kroger Field. 

And Allred will probably be at the Baylor game 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Satchel said:

Spoke with an East Texas community organizer just this week who was lamenting the fact that Allred has not stepped one foot in the Eastern multi county area that is home to over 340,000 black resident who vote Democratic when they vote. He notes their numbers eclipsed those of black voters living in Bexar and Travis counties combined. Ignoring these voters could be the difference in winning and losing for Allred. 

Sent this exchange to his campaign. Hope it helps.

• Hook 'Em 2

Have seen a lot of Ted Cruz ads where Allred said the border wall was racist or something and we will tear it down. It's on a loop. Yeah Allred is not winning on the border beyond maybe a token "hey Cruz voted against the border deal" comment. Not a winning issue.

It's a shame Allreds campaign is a mess beyond fundraising. Idk can we make some tiktok videos or something to help boot Ted Cruz aka the NRA's #1 candidate. Cruz blamed the Uvalde massacre on a door being unlocked.

27 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Have seen a lot of Ted Cruz ads where Allred said the border wall was racist or something and we will tear it down. It's on a loop. Yeah Allred is not winning on the border beyond maybe a token "hey Cruz voted against the border deal" comment. Not a winning issue.

It's a shame Allreds campaign is a mess beyond fundraising. Idk can we make some tiktok videos or something to help boot Ted Cruz aka the NRA's #1 candidate. Cruz blamed the Uvalde massacre on a door being unlocked.

I think Allred's strategy is not to win any border hawks but to assure moderates that the sky won't fall on border security if they show up and vote Cruz out. Since this will be a high turnout affair, this time around as compared to 2018 Cruz could benefit from Trump being on the ballot, but it could also be the case that Trump is a liability.

On 8/30/2024 at 10:28 AM, A-Tex Devil said:

He’s running against abortion as well

20 hours ago, Satchel said:

You think they’re gonna leave the vote blank or for Cruz when they show up?

• Hook 'Em 1

CDC has pulled a lot of rabbits out of his hat so far, but we'll know he's a real magician if he manages to get Ted Cruz scheduled out of state somewhere the weekend of the Georgia game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Pods said:

CDC has pulled a lot of rabbits out of his hat so far, but we'll know he's a real magician if he manages to get Ted Cruz scheduled out of state somewhere the weekend of the Georgia game. 

FCFQl_MXMAQSdeW.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2