Colin Allred, running the two minute offense

Covri

13 hours ago, chainsaw said:

FCFQl_MXMAQSdeW.jpg

12 hours ago, aggie08 said:

This bandwagon motherfucker is yours the rest of the year, assholes.

11 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Somehow it's probably true a #sports curse might a great attack angle. Even more than Ted Cruz being a piece of shit.

#Texas voters

It's a good thing that Michigan isn't a battleground state that a Republican politician would want to show up in, that it's not a massively high-profile game, and that Texas won't be playing in Michigan.

Oh wait.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's a good thing that Michigan isn't a battleground state that a Republican politician would want to show up in, that it's not a massively high-profile game, and that Texas won't be playing in Michigan.

Oh wait.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

But since TX is most likely a lock for the GQP while MI is a toss-up, there's a decent enough chance Raphael will do some pandering and pull for the Wolverines.  I wouldn't put it past him and it might give him enough of a bump here to put his race out of reach.

• Covri changed the title to Colin Allred, running the two minute offense
22 hours ago, tchookem said:
23 hours ago, YChang said:

When the guy that should be running for the office is campaigning for the guy that is.

Who's the guy that should be running? On paper, I thought Allred fit the profile of a Dem who could win in Texas.

On 9/2/2024 at 6:45 PM, YChang said:

I was born and raised there and lived in Amarillo for a while after college. Actually saw Bill Clinton speak in that very room sometime around 2008. Amarillo’s big enough to have enough democrats to fill that room. Just way too many idiots on the other side. But would be nice if Allred can cut down the margins in the red rural areas and small cities enough to close the gap. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Took a random call from a number from Belleville. Normally would ignore but was in a goofy mood so started off with “Greetings”.  Turns out to be political poll. Cool haven’t don’t one before and figured what the hell. She Asked a few vague national, state and senate question including Allred and said was meh but would 100% vote for him over Ted. Then It got weird.  It started focusing on Caroline Harris (got lumped in with this cunt after redistricting). These questions were so fucking weird. Shit like “Caroline Harris believes the economy is bad under Biden…”Her competitor Birkholz believes babies can be killed at any time. “Does that make you want to vote for Caroline more or less”. Wtf. What the hell kind of questions are these.   

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Roger Kint said:

Shit like “Caroline Harris believes the economy is bad under Biden…”Her competitor Birkholz believes babies can be killed at any time. “Does that make you want to vote for Caroline more or less”.

It makes me want to vote for Birkholz even more would be the answer I told her.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I’m ready to contribute to the banner fund. 

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This must happen.

<lobo>I'm pretty sure "Ted Cruz is a simp" is flown by a plane over River Oaks at least once a month, and he doesn't notice. Granted, he might not be in Houston, like ever, becuase his family hates him and his wife is busy fucking her way through Houston Society and Secret Service, but I digress <lobo>

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Most recent Emerson poll has him down 44-48 with Cruz trailing Trump's topline by 2 points (50-45) and margin by 1 point

He's now running a commercial that shows he and his wife disagreeing over the thermostat to show that he can disagree with others but work with them, and portraying him as a human being, but he's still got to fuck the border security chicken.  The driving message is that he's the most bipartisan politician in Texas.

I get what he's going for, and maybe it's working better than Beto's messages, but he's threading the needle with this thing.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's now running a commercial that shows he and his wife disagreeing over the thermostat to show that he can disagree with others but work with them, and portraying him as a human being, but he's still got to fuck the border security chicken.  The driving message is that he's the most bipartisan politician in Texas.

I get what he's going for, and maybe it's working better than Beto's messages, but he's threading the needle with this thing.

I did some work in Kansas City recently. There lucas kunce is running against josh hawley.

I noticed a similarity between allred’s border ad and a kunce border ad. The similarities are even with the font colors (yellow and white). 

The messaging is the same: kunce tough on the border; hawley is not.

It pains me to say this but trump established a border narrative at that 2016 gop primary debate that has stuck. It’s shifted the strategy in red states.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Most recent Emerson poll has him down 44-48 with Cruz trailing Trump's topline by 2 points (50-45) and margin by 1 point

33 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Speaks to the unpopularity of Cruz that he's underperforming Trump and isn't really that close to 50%.

I'd be happy to see Allred win and donated significantly to support his candidacy. If (when) he loses, Tx dems will be left wondering if candidate and tactical quality were optimized this cycle.

5 minutes ago, GenXer said:

It pains me to say this but trump established a border narrative at that 2016 gop primary debate that has stuck. It’s shifted the strategy in red states.

Just in general. attitudes towards the border have shifted to the right, nationally. Across the globe, border security and immigration are what the right is using to bludgeon left wing parties in Germany, France, Canada, etc. and here in the states. 

As much as I hate it, I’m fine with Dems going a little to the right on border (more enforcement, etc) and immigration (streamline the path to permanent residency, more focus on visas for STEM graduates) to  match the current mainstream. Chainsaw and his cohort will rage to death, but stubbornly sticking to a softer tone towards immigration and border security is not a winning solution in 2024. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, quigley said:

Speaks to the unpopularity of Cruz that he's underperforming Trump and isn't really that close to 50%.

I'd be happy to see Allred win and donated significantly to support his candidacy. If (when) he loses, Tx dems will be left wondering if candidate and tactical quality were optimized this cycle.

whoever the R run was going to win on the coattails of Trump. This ain't 2018.

23 minutes ago, quigley said:

Since you apparently have an affinity for lighting money on fire, can I send you my Venmo?

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's going to end up pretty much the same as Beto.  4 point loss, more or less.  We never get rid of Cruz until he dies.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

57 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

whoever the R run was going to win on the coattails of Trump. This ain't 2018.

40 minutes ago, royiv said:

Since you apparently have an affinity for lighting money on fire, can I send you my Venmo?

2018 Cruz 51%

Currently, Cruz is running 3% behind the generic ballot (poll above) with Trump on the ballot versus a candidate who's doing next to nothing. The math isn't as bad as you're making it out to be.

I understand it's hard, and Texas is a big, diverse state. But Texas (and FL) democrats have internalized overly negative attitudes in close races. We aren't talking about WY or OK.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, quigley said:

But Texas (and FL) democrats have internalized overly negative attitudes in close races

The more close races you keep losing to shitty candidates (Cruz, Scott, DeSantis, Paxton, etc.), the more it hurts.

It truly will take 1 good statewide win for Texas Dems to feel positive again.  Just look at Georgia and Arizona. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

The number of shitty humans who have moved to Tx in the last 24 mos is going to become clear in November. 

Driving through West University the other day I saw a yard sign that said “Vote Republican All The Way Down The Ticket - Remember Why You Moved To Texas.” Pissed me off.

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, royiv said:

Driving through West University the other day I saw a yard sign that said “Vote Republican All The Way Down The Ticket - Remember Why You Moved To Texas.” Pissed me off.

That seems like a lot of words for a yard sign. Like too many to easily scan without accidentally driving your car into that house's living room, a la Lethal Weapon. 

Please tell me that you accidentally drove your car into that home's living room. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's going to end up pretty much the same as Beto.  4 point loss, more or less.  We never get rid of Cruz until he dies.

Lina Hidalgo is going to whup his ass in 2030, mark it down.