Colin Allred, running the two minute offense

Covri

15 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

saw a sign in the wild. I was kinda shocked. I didn't think his campaign had signs

I've seen a couple in the past week and it was a little jarring. Knowing one of the families that put one up, I think they just did it because they put a few other signs up.

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

What's he talking about?

I don’t know who he is talking about. But I’m guessing their internals might match what we are actually seeing as a close race.

Or dude is looking for an off ramp from the Trump campaign and wants Ted to bring him in to help 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

There’s something worrying them

Damn, that’s actually pretty encouraging given the source. I get that these people are morons, but maybe they have some sort of intelligence to give us some hopium. I still think Allred has no chance, but I will be thrilled if he beats Cruz.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Macanudo said:

If Trump shows up to help Ted out, I really, really hope Allred abuses Ted with some bootlicking ads.  

The only reason Trump would come to Texas to help Cruz is if Trump was concerned about losing Texas.

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Damn, that’s actually pretty encouraging given the source. I get that these people are morons, but maybe they have some sort of intelligence to give us some hopium. I still think Allred has no chance, but I will be thrilled if he beats Cruz.

Most Republicans will still pull the (R) lever, but plenty were pretty pissed at Cruz over the freez/Cancun bullshit, and they are getting tired of a lot of the other stuff (not just the pandering to Trump).

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/13/2024 at 9:20 AM, atomheartbevo said:

I've seen a couple in the past week and it was a little jarring. Knowing one of the families that put one up, I think they just did it because they put a few other signs up.

Allred signs are all over Dallas area.

13 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Starting to see some commercials actually taking shots at Ted. 

Yeah I see about the same number of Allred commercials as Ted Cruz commercials right now. Turns out campaign money matters. 

Someone from Allreds team reached out to me before the primarys. Maybe Im a dum dum but I had no idea who the other candidates were so I went with him. 

On 9/15/2024 at 12:02 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Seen more Allred commercials this weekend than ever before. Glad he’s finally spending money. 

I think this is the commercial I saw watching football this weekend. Or a similar commercial calling him Cancun Cruz. Definitely more pointed. There may actually be a method to Allred’s madness.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Something I noticed in that ad is that he doesn't say which party he is in.  That has to be intentional.

Yeah, I heard the one of him attacking Cruz or calling him Cancun Cruz or whatever, and I don't think the party was mentioned.

Maybe he knows what the hell he's doing.

44 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Something I noticed in that ad is that he doesn't say which party he is in.  That has to be intentional.

I notice that has become routine in areas where politicians are trying to enlarge their territory. Judicial candidates in Dallas County rarely identify as Republicans.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I heard the one of him attacking Cruz or calling him Cancun Cruz or whatever, and I don't think the party was mentioned.

Maybe he knows what the hell he's doing.

I mean it's worth a shot.  The other way clearly didn't work.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Seems like he was saving his funding and commercials for the home stretch.

The problem is that a relatively small number of Texas voters willing to vote Dem are watching TV.  

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean we all know by now to throw it on the pile and look at the average so we're still Cruz +4-5 (or whatever) but it's still amazing to see. 

It’s the first poll to show him ahead, and the chatter is Cruz’s internals are not good. And then Trump’s campaign manager even tweeted about Cruz’s campaign not doing well 

• Hook 'Em 3

Honestly the scary part is that if Allred actually won then he would become the most important statewide elected Texas politician in decades because of how critical it would be for the population to see that an elected Democrat doesn't actually eat babies. And I'm not sure he has the work ethic to spend 6 years just killing constituent services. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 4

come on guys, i know it is fun to fantasize but never underestimate cypress, texas (all of northwest houston for that matter) and the north metroplex.

as you drive through these suburbia hellscapes made up of endless cookie cutter houses with garages not used for vehicles and massive trucks parked in the driveway...just remember they are quietly doing their thing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

23 minutes ago, sidis said:

come on guys, i know it is fun to fantasize but never underestimate cypress, texas (all of northwest houston for that matter) and the north metroplex.

as you drive through these suburbia hellscapes made up of endless cookie cutter houses with garages not used for vehicles and massive trucks parked in the driveway...just remember they are quietly doing their thing.

Cypress won't go to Harris or even Allred, of course, but it is a well-educated suburb so no reason to expect the trend from 2016 to 2020 to reverse itself. 

Screenshot_20240919_164639_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e76f95e668e4bd205bdbbfb404d85c1f.jpg

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Trump by 4, yes, that's plausible.

A Republican senate candidate losing?  Not plausible.

It will happen one day.  A Democrat wasn't going to win John McCain's seat until one did.  A Democrat wasn't going to win Georgia again until one did.

Cruz is just so reviled and always underperforms the top of the ticket.

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1