Colin Allred, running the two minute offense

Covri

22 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

How is that a top 3 issue for millions of Texans when our education and healthcare blows?

It's not.  But culture war riles up the GOP base. 

6 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Ted Cruz has four different Allred supports transgender Texans advertisements running around the clock.

How is that a top 3 issue for millions of Texans when our education and healthcare blows?

For fucks sake. I don't even smoke but I need a smoke break.

Well,  Cruz's 11 years of accomplishments was too short of an ad so that is all they have to run.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I’m assuming that Ted Cruz was at both Houston Astros’ playoff games this week.

He was but he didn't publicize it ahead of or during the game because he's desperate to be at one the Texas team wins. You can pretty much guarantee that he won't post about being at a big game again until the team he's pretending to care about wins. 

Watching aigy v. Mizzou and caught the tail end of a Cruz ad.  From what little I saw it's Alred in football jersey tackling a member of a girl's soccer team.  BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT TRANSGENDER MEN DO TO GIRL. 

That's his whole campaign?  Just the truly important issues, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

WTF…I just saw an ad during the SMU game with the Harris County DA, a Democrat, endorsing fuck stick Cruz!? 

What is happening!?

She’s mad a the Harris County Dems for retiring her.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank The Tank said:

WTF…I just saw an ad during the SMU game with the Harris County DA, a Democrat, endorsing fuck stick Cruz!? 

What is happening!?

Honestly....that might be worse for Cruz than better. An evil demonrat from Houston endorsed him! He is obviously on the Soros payroll!

Edited by Pam Cummings

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Honestly....that might be worse for Cruz than better. An evil demonrat from Houston endorsed him! He is obviously on the Soros payroll!

She’s highly unpopular and got primaried by one of her former prosecutors. Her endorsement has zero strategic value so I’m surprised Cruz is touting it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, royiv said:

She’s highly unpopular and got primaried by one of her former prosecutors. Her endorsement has zero strategic value so I’m surprised Cruz is touting it.

Maybe the only endorsement he's gotten.

Cruz couldn't / wouldn't protect his OWN WIFE from attacks from Trump. Who's supposed to believe Cruz will protect anyone from anything if it puts his political career in danger?

3 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

All I see from R party ads is transgender panic. Like that's seriously all they offer, and they tie it to prisoners and kids, whatever random shit. Just bizarre. Guess that must poll well with the terrified snowflakes. 

Unfortunately it will likely work.

• Like 2

Met Colin this morning at church. He didn’t speak but participated in the service and hung around afterward to talk and pose for pics with congregants.

You go to a satanic trans church?
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

All I see from R party ads is transgender panic. Like that's seriously all they offer, and they tie it to prisoners and kids, whatever random shit. Just bizarre. Guess that must poll well with the terrified snowflakes. 

So much of what happens with political advertising is based on extremely targeted demographics and polling.  In this day and age, they generally know what message they need to get across, and who they need to target.

To Allred's credit, those ads bashing Biden on the border and him having law enforcement officials in his ads seem to be working in that it took a lot of the border stuff away from Raphael. He couldn't be seen pushing ads that make him look like he's following/agreeing with Allred.

If I had to guess, the transgender panic stuff is 100% focused on getting rurals out to vote.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/10/04/allred-closes-gap-against-cruz/

For the first time this race, Allred pulled ahead of Cruz in a statewide poll last month, and he continues to poll within a margin of error with Cruz. National Democrats announced Texas would be included in a multi-million-dollar ad buy last week. Allred is consistently outraising Cruz, bringing in more than $1 million in a day twice in the third quarter.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

On 10/5/2024 at 2:35 PM, royiv said:

Yup.  Kim Ogg.  Democrats didn't like her but Republicans haaaaated her... badly!  But, hey, now she's on their team.  LOL.

Check out her favorability rating...

image.thumb.png.a96211560c3a6dba555e82c8ffda8de5.png

10 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Yup.  Kim Ogg.  Democrats didn't like her but Republicans haaaaated her... badly!  But, hey, now she's on their team.  LOL.

Check out her favorability rating...

image.thumb.png.a96211560c3a6dba555e82c8ffda8de5.png

The most surprising thing about that graph is that Whitmire has 39% favorability among Harris County Democratic voters. I would have expected that number to be much lower. 

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

God damnit, Chris Hollins should me our mayor. 

Agreed. I think he will get his turn next time around. Whitmire is doing a pretty good job of pissing off people across the political spectrum.

7 hours ago, royiv said:

The most surprising thing about that graph is that Whitmire has 39% favorability among Harris County Democratic voters. I would have expected that number to be much lower. 

Can't imagine it is that now