Gymnastics(Men & Women)...

They are carry over rules when the eastern bloc dominated gymnastics. I get why they exist; I think it sucks that we’re now the targets, but so it goes. We likely didn’t hate them too much in the 70s and 80s. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Fucking assassin!

This next one has a cool angle of his performance bc you can watch his teammates going crazy!

Very cool. 😎 I thought after the second day we didn’t have a shot at the team medal. 🏅 fuck ya we did! That gives men’s gymnastics such a boost. It’s been 16 years. Something to build on. A little taste of success suits them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

The Women start in just over any hour.

I wonder if the rotation works well for us:

1. Vault
2. Uneven Bars
3. Balance Beam
4. Floor

Finally - the scoring is a little faster online - https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/results/artistic-gymnastics/women-s-team/fnl-000001-- - than if you're watching on TV

I'm really far from any sort of expert on the strengths of US Gymnastics.

I THINK I recall that Vault and Floor are our tops events. So, that lineup looks favorable to me, start and end with a strength. Know gaps/advantage at the end. Like I said I don't know much so it's pretty much me just spitballing so it's worth what you paid for it. (That'll be 9.95 please, like and subscribe)

26 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I'm trying to decide the best view for watching. NBC's coverage is a focused USA/China H2H, but there is also the Multiview on Peacock where you can watch all 4 events simultaneously, but no comentary.

I get commentary on mutliview, or did last time I had it on and could select which image I wanted to "listen to".