Gymnastics(Men & Women)...

Man I hope the beam hasn’t been compromised. I forget which year that was the vault was fucked and it took a while to figure that out. That said it is very difficult. The Russians (boo) always seemed to kick ass on that event. Still…

gymnastics has to be one of the most ridiculous things to even try and critique as a couch-watcher. you can lie to yourself about your ability to play basketball or run or swim.... because you did it at the local YMCA way back when

gymnastics, its just watch and shut-up, because to even try one of these is permanent disability for me.. 😅

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, naija said:

gymnastics has to be one of the most ridiculous things to even try and critique as a couch-watcher. you can lie to yourself about your ability to play basketball or run or swim.... because you did it at the local YMCA way back when

gymnastics, its just watch and shut-up, because to even try one of these is permanent disability for me.. 😅

I’m literally nailing every score. Speak for yourself, casual. 

• Haha 4

It so special seeing how confident and happy our team is. Way to go Simone! fuck Ya! 

Worst event out of the fucking way. How the fuck when they bobble like that they are able to hang on and not fall the fuck off is nuts. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Solid enough from Biles on her routine. Should keep us in the lead for the final rotation.

how do these performances translate to the individual medals?

3 minutes ago, naija said:

how do these performances translate to the individual medals?

They don't. The qualification round set our entrants for the solo all around and the individual apparatus medals. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/olympics/news/olympic-gymnastics-qualifying-jordan-chiles-all-around-final/15ef6d274613659e22b60b23

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Italy is biggest threat. Unless we collapse on floor we should have gold easily

Yeah, Italy (-3.6) and Great Britian (-5) are not the two teams I expect to see at the top of the leaderboard right now. China is going to be fighting for a medal.

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Italy is biggest threat. Unless we collapse on floor we should have gold easily

Italy has a lot of artistry on the floor. That helps them probably solidify silver at the very least. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

They don't. The qualification round set our entrants for the solo all around and the individual apparatus medals. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/olympics/news/olympic-gymnastics-qualifying-jordan-chiles-all-around-final/15ef6d274613659e22b60b23

thanks.

forgot about that rule. it's infuriating. 

Edited by naija

How dominant is the US women's score right now?  Seems pretty far out front...and i've heard them comment they're not even doing really hard routines. Just safe ones, good enough to win.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

How dominant is the US women's score right now?  Seems pretty far out front...and i've heard them comment they're not even doing really hard routines. Just safe ones, good enough to win.

It's a little confusing because China and Brazil are a competitor ahead of the US and Italy. But coming in:

14 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Yeah, Italy (-3.6) and Great Britian (-5) are not the two teams I expect to see at the top of the leaderboard right now. China is going to be fighting for a medal.

We've gained a point on Italy after each of us had a competitor on floor. And stood pat with GB having a competitor on the Beam.

Just now, Captain Ron said:

It's a little confusing because China and Brazil are a competitor ahead of the US and Italy. But coming in:

We've gained a point on Italy after each of us had a competitor on floor. And stood pat with GB having a competitor on the Beam.

Yeah i mean at the end of the 3rd rotation they were well over 3.5 points up...a US player would have to disqualify to lose i think.  Just seems pretty sizable.

Just now, Captain Ron said:

With Chiles nailing her routine Biles can bring this home.

Without even trying honestly...a safe routine wins the gold easily i bet.

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

We are +5 on Italy. They still have a competitor to go so they would need a MONSTER number to make Biles really go for it.

Yeah she really just needs to not fall apart and she'll be fine.

Save her best routines for the all around and/or the individual.