Helping a friend who believes in conspiracy theories.

My mom has gone down this road. Around 2015 I realized she was addicted to the internet. She would do crazy shit like wake up in the middle of the night and go through FB. She would randomly think of something while laying in bed. Instead of writing it down or just trying to remember in the morning, she would go sit at the computer and google all night.

For the last 4 years it’s been crazy story after crazy story. There’s always an excuse when the prediction doesn’t happen. Blood in the streets was a big one. All these people were going to be arrested and some were going g to be killed. All over the country. As far as I know, that never happened.

She is convinced she is one of the few “in-the-know”. And if you don’t understand, the. You are the one missing out.

Cancer isn’t real either. If people didn’t have surgery, cancer would never develop. My sister just had a friend pass of MS. My mom told my wife the doctors were all wrong and it was Lymes disease. Cancer can be cured with lemon zest. We had a friend whose 7yr daughter had some type of cancer a couple years ago. My mom got all animated that the girl was at MD Anderson. Said she should do lemon zest and it would be gone.

I had to tell her I was done listening to it. I don’t want her talking to my kids about any of it. It sucks. My sister finally told her the same. If I didn’t have kids, I wouldn’t talk to my parents. It is usually extremely stressful to spend time with my mom.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, kmac30 said:

My mom has gone down this road. Around 2015 I realized she was addicted to the internet. She would do crazy shit like wake up in the middle of the night and go through FB. She would randomly think of something while laying in bed. Instead of writing it down or just trying to remember in the morning, she would go sit at the computer and google all night.

For the last 4 years it’s been crazy story after crazy story. There’s always an excuse when the prediction doesn’t happen. Blood in the streets was a big one. All these people were going to be arrested and some were going g to be killed. All over the country. As far as I know, that never happened.

She is convinced she is one of the few “in-the-know”. And if you don’t understand, the. You are the one missing out.

Cancer isn’t real either. If people didn’t have surgery, cancer would never develop. My sister just had a friend pass of MS. My mom told my wife the doctors were all wrong and it was Lymes disease. Cancer can be cured with lemon zest. We had a friend whose 7yr daughter had some type of cancer a couple years ago. My mom got all animated that the girl was at MD Anderson. Said she should do lemon zest and it would be gone.

I had to tell her I was done listening to it. I don’t want her talking to my kids about any of it. It sucks. My sister finally told her the same. If I didn’t have kids, I wouldn’t talk to my parents. It is usually extremely stressful to spend time with my mom.

That is absolutely beyond frustrating right there. My gosh that is just horrific.

I've been lucky so far in family craziness. We've had a couple of faith healers, except when it's them personally getting sick then it's off to the hospital (and I'm glad, because they were about to die.) But other than that, and maybe an occasional relative going berserkergang and actually killing somebody, nope, nothing weird here.

tick tock tick tock