Running Through Walz to Fix America - Democratic VP Nominee

Biff Tannen

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

Walz is the type of guy who was actually a teacher and he reminds people of a teacher who said impactful things and changed their lives as a young adult. Hopefully he can do this to voters in this election to move this country away from the MAGA mindset.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVB5-k0zcvaDnFF33bGqs

Or, if you're like Mr. Dawson (and myself):

sfHdwa.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

dc1ab7bb-bd3d-4b46-9347-49d286151d29_tex

Also, fuck yourself.  Walz is fucking awesome.

Fuck myself? I just clicked on a Tim Walz for VP thread and there’s no link showing he’s been selected as VP.

Edited by StassneyHorn

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Fuck myself? I just clicked on a Mr Walz for VP thread and there’s no link showing he’s been selected as VP.

Well, generally, FOR means I'm endorsing him FOR the candidate for VP.  Not that he IS the candidate for VP.  Come now, Spud Jr.

Edited by Biff Tannen
just in case it STILL wasn't clear

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well, generally, FOR means I'm endorsing him FOR the candidate for VP.  Not that he IS the candidate for VP.  Come now, Spud Jr.

It’s not like you created a VP search thread called Who Does Number 2 Work For? And then said Walz was gonna be the pick in the title. 

IMG_6582.gif.ef481d0d2b2a683915267b7e6e22c634.gif

• Haha 2

I don't pretend to know which candidate has more pull in the most strategic states or any of that election strategy witchcraft, I just know that dude is good. Sure he's a skilled communicator, but he is the rarest of politicians that actually manages to look like a guy you'd actually know or would want to know. He's the  opposite of weird, which further enhances the message. He would eviscerate that awkward fuck Vance in a debate. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

I actually answered a text poll yesterday because it was asking who I supported for VP. Walz wasn't one of the 6 or so options so I chose "someone else" thinking I'd have a chance to write in Walz. Much of the reason I'm hearing about Walz is because he's big in CR. Talking to some other Democratic voters and they've not heard of him. In the short time between now and when the pick is made, how do we influence it in favor of Walz? Maybe time to put together a Surly Lawyers for Walz Zoom call. 

Imagine Hope doing the introduction for her dad to be VP nominee at the convention. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

I actually answered a text poll yesterday because it was asking who I supported for VP. Walz wasn't one of the 6 or so options so I chose "someone else" thinking I'd have a chance to write in Walz. Much of the reason I'm hearing about Walz is because he's big in CR. Talking to some other Democratic voters and they've not heard of him. In the short time between now and when the pick is made, how do we influence it in favor of Walz? Maybe time to put together a Surly Lawyers for Walz Zoom call. 

Yeah, he is still under the radar a bit. But the push to use "weird" and "creepy" is because of Walz. So the important people inside the party are definitely paying attention to him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yeah, he is still under the radar a bit. But the push to use "weird" and "creepy" is because of Walz. So the important people inside the party are definitely paying attention to him. 

It’s actually because of Harris, she wanted to use weird as an attack against Trump in 2020. But Walz knew that and was smart to run with it immediately.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It’s actually because of Harris, she wanted to use weird as an attack against Trump in 2020. But Walz knew that and was smart to run with it immediately.

To be fair he was pushing that angle long before Kamala assumed the candidacy. This is  from December of last year

When this dude won his US House Seat as well as the governorship, he defeated a republican incumbent. He can speak to the issues in rural areas well enough to get elected. I'm not fooling myself into thinking the Qtards are ever coming back to normalcy, but he would appeal to rural america more than most.  

• Hook 'Em 4

CNN was doing the electoral college math and it seems like Shapiro delivering PA would be far more important than Walsh delivering MN, but I kinda think he could speak to the entire rust belt and connect with them.  I'm betting she goes with Shapiro, but as long as she makes Mayor Pete and Walz her main attack dogs, I'm fine with that too.

• Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

CNN was doing the electoral college math and it seems like Shapiro delivering PA would be far more important than Walsh delivering MN, but I kinda think he could speak to the entire rust belt and connect with them.  I'm betting she goes with Shapiro, but as long as she makes Mayor Pete and Walz her main attack dogs, I'm fine with that too.

No one is picking Walz to lock up MN.  I hope she doesn't go with Shapiro - let him cook in PA longer, and the office sexual lawsuit settlement + Israel are too big of issues to intro into the campaign. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

They really think this is true

Edited by Biff Tannen
he apparently did post a video of a pride parade in SF that was pretty off the chain, but hey, consenting adults are into some interesting shit sometimes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

What I get from that is Royce really likes getting peed on.

Is that the nutbag hoops guy from Iowa state that was afraid to fly, so he washed out of the NBA? That Royce White?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Blotto said:

Is that the nutbag hoops guy from Iowa state that was afraid to fly, so he washed out of the NBA? That Royce White?

Yup, same guy. Pride of the Houston Rockets right there. 

• Haha 1

Props to Walz for starting the "Weird" trend. Started it in Dec 2023, but the video search is swamped by more recent ones and I can't find it.

Brought it up again and it's causing Trump to have a meltdown. 

Whatever role he winds up in next, Tim Walz has done a tremendous service to the country. It's fucking hilarious he did it by calling Trump "weird". 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

the GF was up there for work about two weeks ago.  She said the same thing.  She expected a sewer, and what she got was...San Francisco, in all it's beautiful glory.

It’s a great city man. As you know. So ridiculous it has been made up to be this horror show. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s a great city man. As you know. So ridiculous it has been made up to be this horror show. 

We went there 4 weeks ago.  The first time ever for both of us.  Amazing city.  We stayed in The Presidio.  Morning walks (maybe 5 miles but not running lulz) were fantastic.  Weather was a little on the chilly side but man that city is a jewel.  I don't think I saw a dozen homeless people over the course of several days.

• Hook 'Em 2