Running Through Walz to Fix America - Democratic VP Nominee

Biff Tannen

Posted (edited)

I lived there for 14 years. there are a lot of things about that place that I miss, but weather is the #1. That is the ideal climate for me. On the short list as well was the Presidio, which I lived one block away from  my place for about half the time. There are actually a limited number of places you can rent in the presidio that I believe were former officers quarters. they rarely came available  to rent, but I had a friend who lived there with a couple of roommates and her place was awesome. Having the actual presidio as your backyard is tough to beat. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2024 at 12:38 AM, atomheartbevo said:

We need this guy.  He went from this:

Tim_Walz_-_U.S._Army_Portrait.jpg

To a command sergeant major.  He's my guy.

Everyone gets their picture taken at basic training.  It's your obituary photo if you happen to get killed.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yeah, Walz is No.1 for me. Pete next. Then from there is really doesn't matter. I think it'll be a good pick and should set up for a solid team. I'm more interested in her potential cabinet picks.

And her chief of staff. Pete should be SOS, maybe someone like Doug Jones as AG? Not sure who she’d pick for Defense and Transportation. She will also likely replace Mayorkas 

I would imagine there won’t be too much turnover, considering 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And her chief of staff. Pete should be SOS, maybe someone like Doug Jones as AG? Not sure who she’d pick for Defense and Transportation. She will also likely replace Mayorkas 

I would imagine there won’t be too much turnover, considering 

Being a former state AG herself, the AG pick will be a particularly interesting one.   

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Everyone gets their picture taken at basic training.  It's your obituary photo if you happen to get killed.

I wish mine had been taken at the end of basic when I had put on 25 lbs and looked buff instead of the first week when I was the dude in the Charles Atlas comic book ads getting sand kicked in my face.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Does anybody have the long article about him that was posted in the presidential thread, that went into his background?

I don't remember the one you're referring to, but this article talks about his background: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/aug/03/who-is-tim-walz-potential-vp-kamala-harris

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Team Walz here. It's really hard to think of a more polar opposite to JD Vance in terms of authenticity, likeability, and positivity.

Walz gives me hope. My brother is a Trump voter (but not MAGA fanatic) and he is the type of guy I think Walz can connect with. My brother votes Trump because he is a cop and a veteran so that’s the environment he’s in and that’s the way he thinks he should vote. But my brother also works with the homeless and domestic violence victims so he has compassion for people as well. When I explained to him what protestors were trying to do with Pence on January 6, he was like “damn, that’s fucked up” and I could see the gears clicking in his brain and realizing why people said Trump was trying to overthrow the government.

A guy like Walz can make my brother realize that yeah, even though you were wrong about Trump and J6, we don’t give a shit about that and we’re not gonna throw that in your face. All we care about is you joining a coalition where we can strengthen the infrastructure of this country. We want to have safe roads to travel on, safe schools to send our children to, safe drinking water to drink and bathe with, safe air to breathe, safe communities where the homeless can be uplifted to succeed, safe homes where domestic violence victims don’t live in fear, and safe schools where children don’t fear gun violence. Trump has laid out absolutely nothing of a plan to help us achieve these goals as a country, so here is our plan and let’s come together to work out the disagreements so we can live our lives and enjoy this country together the best way we can. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBig said:

My brother is a Trump voter (but not MAGA fanatic)

That makes no sense to me. Not trying to be an ass, but I truly don't get it. I get the MAGA fanatics voting for him, but I have no idea how anyone that isn't can begin to think he's a candidate worth voting for. I guess if you are so anti Dem, you just ignore all that and vote for him anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

That makes no sense to me. Not trying to be an ass, but I truly don't get it. I get the MAGA fanatics voting for him, but I have no idea how anyone that isn't can begin to think he's a candidate worth voting for. I guess if you are so anti Dem, you just ignore all that and vote for him anyway. 

I understand this opinion but I think of it as like my brother being one of the last people to get on board with firing Mack Brown. Yeah he supported the guy staying on for another term but the rhetoric from Tim Walz is like the BYU game + Baylor loss that made people say okay I’m out I can’t support this dude any longer. And that’s what the Dems have been missing on their side for so many years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Veteran cop voting for a draft dodging criminal huh. 

Cops, firemen, veterans, tradesmen, farmers are all groups with quite a few Trump voters and it is surprising that they haven’t seen through his bullshit. Part of it is the testosterone charged environment where acting like an ass and saying politically incorrect things is still happening. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Veteran cop voting for a draft dodging criminal huh. 

Shit like this is extremely frustrating because it is true, why would police and military veterans vote for a draft dodging felon? Because nobody in the Democratic Party has been able to reach voters like this ripe for the picking. Real guys like Tim Walz are the ones who can connect and make these people realize they’re voting in the complete opposite of their best interests. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Cops, firemen, veterans, tradesmen, farmers are all groups with quite a few Trump voters and it is surprising that they haven’t seen through his bullshit. Part of it is the testosterone charged environment where acting like an ass and saying politically incorrect things is still happening. 

I think there is a real fear of the unknown going on, as well as peer pressure.  These people were raised or pressured into voting a certain way, most for probably many years.  I was that way when the Iraq War stuff started bubbling up in 2002/2003. I had just had the better part of a decade voting for Republicans, listening to their talk radio, even volunteering on some campaigns.

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

Shit like this is extremely frustrating because it is true, why would police and military veterans vote for a draft dodging felon? 

You need to be ruthless with boomer MAGA relatives, and tell them you would never vote for a draft dodger who openly bashed Vietnam POWs or wouldn’t pay tribute to WWI veterans because he didn’t want to get his hair wet.   Those Vietnam POWs were their contemporaries, their cousins and friends, and those WWI veterans were their grandparents.

I  want the guy to get the nod because I think he's the best option. But I also want the guy to get the nod, because watching those limp-dicked weirdos in the GQP try and attack that man will be a riot. JD's bitch-made eyeliner will be streaming down his face like Giuliani's hair dye within a week. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Shapiro has minuses and I hear nothing but pluses for Walz.  WTH is the problem here?

I feel like we’re about to find out why we’re not allowed to have nice things, courtesy of the DNC insiders, pundits, establishment, etc

i mean, if it’s Shapiro there will be some momentum hiccups and handwringing but Dems gonna Dem and the voters once again will coalesce around the ticket to stop the weirdos. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think the issue is that Walz is most decidedly not straight out of central casting. He looks like everyone’s favorite uncle who just got plucked off the riding lawnmower. That can be both good and bad I suppose. I say go for it. And if not, Pete.

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Obligatory

Those of you that didn't grow up in  the upper Midwest are fortunate enough not to have been subjected to a Menards spot in every commercial break since 1980.

Tim Walz is a damn fine governor and would be a terrific VP. Given the baggage that's coming out on Shapiro, I'd be shocked if it's not Walz.

• Hook 'Em 4