Running Through Walz to Fix America - Democratic VP Nominee

Biff Tannen

8 minutes ago, royiv said:

Yep, that’s why it was so funny to me that @South Austin seemed genuinely surprised that Peyton Manning would be MAGA. The guy has the IQ of a worn out shoe.

Peyton has always struck me as quick-witted and funny, two traits that MAGAs do not possess.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

All the pundits on TV are saying this is a "do no harm" pick, a "cuddly choice", etc. 

Walz is a GET THEIR ASS pick. We are going on offense, motherfuckers. 

They haven't really heard him speak on policy then, because the clips I've seen show that he is extraordinarily effective. The teddy bear stuff just makes him likeable as hell which goes a long way these days.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

They haven't really heard him speak on policy then, because the clips I've seen show that he is extraordinarily effective. The teddy bear stuff just makes him likeable as hell which goes a long way these days.

Minnesotans say he is an excellent debater too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Man I miss Claire McCaskill.  Pushing back on MSNBC that there is no major policy differences between Walz and Shapiro - it's just style and attitude. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

What's crazy to me is, growing up in the 80s/90s in Texas, the vibe I always got from older conservatives I knew was "leave people alone, mind your own fucking business". Maybe I'm way off but that's the impression that I got. Or maybe it's just a Texas thing.

Now the right has to cry and complain and get in everyone's fucking business about everything. It's infuriating. 

Even growing up in the early-to-mid 2000s in suburban Texas, that is how it felt. 

And then it all changed.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Jesus, if Harris/Walz wins, after Pelosi forced Biden out AND was politicking behind the scenes for Walz, she's truly a damn witch. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Was she?  First I’ve heard of it

Maybe not THE biggest one, but House Dems came out behind Walz over the weekend.  And Nancy is influential with them and Walz was in her caucus since she was first Speaker - he was elected in the year Dems won the majority and she became speaker.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

You sure? Peyton is a Republican and Eli stays quiet about it. 

The Mannings are members of the same church I’ve belonged to since the 80s.  When you think of Peyton, remember that he put his nuts on that female trainer at Tennessee as a joke - that led to the lawsuit and subsequent hefty settlement.

With his dad’s counseling, he never admitted or apologized for the event.

Sound like any politician, we know?

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hillary would have totally picked Shapiro..  that’s the difference 

I'm waiting for the inevitable Fetterman "I want Shapiro to know, it was me" memes.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The Mannings are members of the same church I’ve belonged to since the 80s.  When you think of Peyton, remember that he put his nuts on that female trainer at Tennessee as a joke - that led to the lawsuit and subsequent hefty settlement.

Peyton donates to Republicans.  He was a guest speaker at the 2017 Republican retreat.

The Mannings are southern boys - so they MAGA. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Peyton donates to Republicans.  He was a guest speaker at the 2017 Republican retreat.

The Mannings are southern boys - so they MAGA. 

Oh man, can we not do which great NFL quarterbacks are MAGA today? I've spent almost a decade ignoring the uncomfortable relationship that Brady has with Kraft and the Trump family.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, aggie08 said:

Oh man, can we not do which great NFL quarterbacks are MAGA today? I've spent almost a decade ignoring the uncomfortable relationship that Brady has with Kraft and the Trump family.

I mean, I can separate it.  Guess what - Ewers and Arch are MAGA! But damn if I don't root for my team every Saturday regardless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Walz reminds me of the SNL Jimmy Carter skit where he's talking some teenager down after dropping acid

Holy shit I sent this to a friend this morning saying this is what Walz would be like as VP, and he didn’t realize that was Bill Murray playing Cronkite. He’s several years older than me, he’s pushing 60.

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Hook 'Em 1

Aren’t all young straight white guys MAGA now? 
Half serious, but there are a significant # of 20 something’s I’ve met in the office have some serious beef with Democrats and the left.

I think a lot have internalized the discussion about toxic masculinity and Taken it as a personal affront. They are more the jock / more main stream video game types of that gives some context. They seem kind of lost. They don’t really know what it means to be a man and have been caught in an adult adolescent purgatory 

• Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

Half serious, but there are a significant # of 20 something’s I’ve met in the office have some serious beef with Democrats and the left.

I think a lot have internalized the discussion about toxic masculinity and Taken it as a personal affront. They are more the jock / more main stream video game types of that gives some context. They seem kind of lost. They don’t really know what it means to be a man and have been caught in an adult adolescent purgatory 

I bet they listen to Jordan Peterson. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Weren't there also whispers of other improprieties involving Peyton and wimmens in Indy?

3 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

It won't break through to them quickly, but Tim Walz is a great example of an actually positive vision of masculinity and people on the left (not directly affiliated with the campaign) should talk about him in those terms. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I'm not trying to doxx you, but what industry do you work in? That's not an idle question, either. Check out this "politics by profession" infographic that was posted a couple of years ago. It's not determinative, but it matters.

https://verdantlabs.com/politics_of_professions/

image.thumb.png.dc60ab8cf02a8e8530423815aa48f091.png

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, I can separate it.  Guess what - Ewers and Arch are MAGA! But damn if I don't root for my team every Saturday regardless. 

I will happily use them as a vehicle to a couple of national titles. They’re kids. Kids are stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Just the ones that can't get laid. So like half of them.

• Hook 'Em 4

• immamac changed the title to Running Through Walz to Fix America - Democratic VP Nominee
2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

That's right, fall in line you shitweasel.

Also if he is "so far left," then why does Manchin the DINO support him? 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

That's right, fall in line you shitweasel.

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also if he is "so far left," then why does Manchin the DINO support him? 

That's where I landed. How can someone that the progressives like also get a support from fucking Manchin? Is he trying to fucking tank him with his support? Baffling?

• Hook 'Em 1