Running Through Walz to Fix America - Democratic VP Nominee

Biff Tannen

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

That's where I landed. How can someone that the progressives like also get a support from fucking Manchin? Is he trying to fucking tank him with his support? Baffling?

I know it's confusing because of the party we're talking about, but this is what it looks like when the Democrats actually get their shit together and all pull in the same direction.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Huckleberry said:

I know it's confusing because of the party we're talking about, but this is what it looks like when the Democrats actually get their shit together and all pull in the same direction.

This. Getting buy-in from progressives to Manchin = ALIGNMENT

Herman would be so proud if he wasn't coked up to the gills in Florida right now

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

IMG_4435.thumb.jpeg.3349dd6abd12d3e0123f9af359f8ec86.jpeg

1) I am 100% down for that.

2) God, that ass-kicking would be brutal to watch.

A man vs. a racist care bear.  Brutal.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

That was my dad. He was a long time GOP voter who stood for western conservatism, which had a whole lot of Barry Goldwater’s  “leave me alone” in him.     My dad was born in Idaho and raised in Wyoming so he had little experience with large cities and did not understand the issues that came with that until he was older.

But he was also a depression era kid, and so fully understood and approved government efforts to keep people from abject poverty.  He also understood the basics of democracy - that often required you to think of others rather than yourself.

As he quaintly put it, “everyone wants the railroad to come to town, but nobody wants to give up some of their property for the right of way”

How many of those guys do we have left who didn't fully turn to the dark side?  That's the Texas spirit I always admired.  A blend of "hell yes, I can take care of shit myself" along with a "but we all come together to help each other out, it's the way things are supposed to be."  I am afraid it is dead and buried, wrapped in a funeral cloth made of Dan Patrick's leftover Lane Bryant separates.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, but Manchin isn't a democrat anymore. Literally. It's weird. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Even growing up in the early-to-mid 2000s in suburban Texas, that is how it felt. 

And then it all changed.

Not just Texas. It felt that way when I moved to WY in 2015. People there want to be left alone, and there was a “you mind your business and I’ll mind mine” attitude. Even for the minorities and openly/obviously gay folks.  Then by 2017 or so, people began feeling comfortable enough to tell their neighbors “we don’t want you here” or worse.  Those people were always there and were always bigots, but they get empowered and supported to say what was on their minds. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lke I said yesterday, VP candidate Shapiro would've been a lightning rod for all sorts of legit/illegit reasons (depending on perspective) in this campaign.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Walz is just so damn likable. 

It just clicked for me.

Walz is the real version of every 90’s wholesome sitcom Dad.

I mean, his  life sounds kind of like a show that would be on TGIF:

Lovable Midwest veteran Football coach and dad who wins as an underdog for a congressional seat only to then become Governor of Minnesota…AND now is picked to run as VP!

Each couple of seasons he gets a higher and higher position in government.

Total vibe of Craig T Nelson’s Coach meets Step by Step Patrick Duffy meets every dad character John Ritter ever played.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

SIAP 

Met Tim Walz on my first day in Congress, sat next to him on Veterans Affairs committee for the following six years. No one fought harder for veterans. And he did it by bringing Democrats and Republicans together to get the job done. As Governor of Minnesota he codified abortion rights, implemented background checks, legalized marijuana, passed paid family leave, restored voting rights and invested more than $1 billion in affordable housing. Not bad. And before any of this, he was a high school teacher, football coach and a 24-year veteran of the army national guard. He also happens to be a terrific dad and husband — there isn’t a conversation I’ve had with him where he doesn’t bring up his kids, always with the biggest smile on his face. We became friends in Congress, going on early morning runs (in the dead of DC winter, I’m bundled in layers and he’s wearing a t-shirt and shorts), talking Minnesota music, the Replacements (Tim!), Prince, Dylan, Husker Du, and sharing stories about our families and hometowns. In a business that prioritizes transactional relationships, he’s always been good to me, reaching out when I’m up, reaching out when I’m down, just being a good friend. And in a profession that encourages poll-testing and focus groups and political corporate speak, he’s always himself, the real deal. Common sense, kindness and empathy. I couldn’t be more excited that he’s on the ticket, couldn’t be more energized to do everything I can to help Vice President Harris and Governor Walz win the most important election of our lives. Let’s go!

Is that a Springsteen show I see in the background. A coincidence, I'm sure...

I don't really like him."

Trump continued, "I have a bad trait. I only like people that like me." 

Alienating Springsteen fans and Swift fans seems like the way to go, donnie. keep it up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

based on my experience of being the only person i know in my age group that lives in westlake that didn't grow up there (or river oaks in houston), it's because they all know the only way they are going to be able to afford their lifestyle of playing acc/barton creek, hunting on private leases, and going boating every weekend is if they inherit their parents' money unimpeded after having most of their lives funded by them already.

The concept of people wanting "generational wealth" is pretty shitty to begin with. Basically saying that people who don't exist yet, or might not ever exist, are more important than people who are actually alive today. There should be a fucking massive inheritance tax.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

IMG_4435.thumb.jpeg.3349dd6abd12d3e0123f9af359f8ec86.jpeg

I had a Chevy Celebrity station wagon. Got it for 600 bucks. Ran without problems for two whole years. Muffler was loose so it sounded like a diesel truck. Used to drive around in parking garages and the noise would make all the car alarms go off. Finally sat for several years in the driveway of my Austin shack-condo. Eventually gave it to the car dealer next to the Groovy Mechanics because they'd made me a sweet deal on a 95 Geo Tracker. Loved that Chevy missile-hurtling-through-space Celebrity. The Tracker crossed Mexico twice, survived a collision with a truck one night in Colima, and still cranks right up. /ILikeStories

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I haven't given to the campaign yet but I will tonight in honor of this good move. I know Harris has her inner circle but I hope she leans in on the experience and knowledge of this governor who has accomplished some good policy in his state. I am not ambivalent to him as I was to her, if I am honest. She needs to make more good moves like this.

• Like 1

#TimWalz always clacks together the tongs every time he is standing at the grill & picks them up.

image.jpeg.d3d75af993c6a81fd1a8bd5f89964d99.jpeg

image.jpeg.f459d9c828952d0665adb75bf3c135c7.jpeg

image.jpeg.8ed600afa61c7f08ecee517e2b20941a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eb208a0bb69052f31e790ab5989531e2.jpeg\

image.thumb.jpeg.360990304112326fe6e1f646facaaaaa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1726147009d990c729162d04c5a446da.jpeg

image.jpeg.3afeaef365a5c146a262db70bba15360.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2ce8391576267edfa16883e0af58805e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c7e083ba1978c0badaa26dabaca8f5a1.jpeg

#TimWalz gets phone calls from Chuck Norris for pointers on what fork goes on the outside & where to put that funny [knife / not a knife].

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Slept on it and am even more convinced Walz was the right pick.

I think Shapiro still has a bright future but 1) much like "cop" Kamala in 2020, this isn't the right time for him given the current political climate and 2) I think when he goes national, it will be at the top of the ticket, not in a supporting role... I think his style in a VP role would run a big risk of upstaging the Presidential candidate. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I think Shapiro still has a bright future but 1) much like "cop" Kamala in 2020, this isn't the right time for him given the current political climate and 2) I think when he goes national, it will be at the top of the ticket, not in a supporting role... I think his style in a VP role would run a big risk of upstaging the Presidential candidate. 

I posted that sources said he def pitched a 2 for 1 presidency with him and Harris. He was not looking to be #2, but #1B and that didn’t really click with Harris. She wants a partner but not a Co-POTUS

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I posted that sources said he def pitched a 2 for 1 presidency with him and Harris. He was not looking to be #2, but #1B and that didn’t really click with Harris. She wants a partner but not a Co-POTUS

If true, WTF?  "Hire me and I'll do your job, too."

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

You could make the case that if Shaprio wants to be president some day, he's better off being governor and then Senator or something running in 2032(?) assuming Harris wins now and is the nominee again in 2028.  If she loses now, he's the odds on favorite in 2028.

I'd rather be Governor or Senator than VP anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If true, WTF?  "Hire me and I'll do your job, too."

You could make the case that if Shaprio wants to be president some day, he's better off being governor and then Senator or something running in 2032(?) assuming Harris wins now and is the nominee again in 2028.  If she loses now, he's the odds on favorite in 2028.

I'd rather be Governor or Senator than VP anyway.

Especially if Walz truly told them he doesn’t have presidential aspirations, there would be an open primary in 2032. Pete, Josh, Gretchen 

• Hook 'Em 1