EPL 24-25: Postakloppalypse

Buzzrock

10 minutes ago, Derka said:

also, stop acting like the context doesn’t matter. don’t tell me you’ve never raged at the officials during a UT basketball game where KU or WVU got away with murder while our players got called for ticky tack fouls left and right. if the refs call the game one way for one team/player and differently for the other team/players then that’s not ok, that’s the definition of the officials deciding the match.

also, no offense to you personally, because i like you, but the “technically by the letter of the law…” argument is always a horseshit argument made by people who want to justify some obvious horseshit which has taken place.

Do I think it sucks that Rice was sent off? Yes. Do I think it’s ridiculous to call this a farce and claim the officials decided the game. Yes. 
Again, your argument is ignore the rules because refs are inconsistent. It’s fine to be mad, it’s dumb to act as though this is some insane act against Arsenal. Remember when the officials literally took a goal away from LFC? Let’s reserve the histrionics for when it’s warranted 

4 minutes ago, Derka said:

yeah that’s what i said.

It’s what you’re arguing. Your argument boils down to “they shouldn’t enforce the law on this play against Rice because they don’t always enforce it”. I get it. It sucks. But you’re arguing for ignoring the rules. 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Again, your argument is ignore the rules because refs are inconsistent.

no, its not. my argument has been plainly and repeatedly stated: the officials decided the match, not the players. bha got one set of rules, arsenal and declan rice got another. it would be the same thing if there was a 35-10 FT disparity in a basketball game because one team was officiated one way while other team wasn’t. its very simple.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

It’s what you’re arguing.

i’m arguing that the officials had a bigger impact on the game than the players, and they did. there’s no bigger punishment in sports than a red card in soccer. to send a player off for something that a)wasn’t even a delay of game to begin with, and b)when you’ve ignored countless, far worse delays all game both before and after said red card, that’s the definition of the officials deciding the game.

i mean it’s this right here. rice commits a foul, starts walking away from the play, has the ball kicked into him, turns and nudges the rolling ball that was just kicked into him, then gets the shit kicked out of him by a guy who isn’t even earnestly trying to take a quick fk, and the result is that declan rice gets sent off. that’s a farce. period. 

Edited by Derka
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derka said:

i mean it’s this right here. rice commits a foul, starts walking away from the play, has the ball kicked into him, turns and nudges the rolling ball that was just kicked into him, then gets the shit kicked out of him by a guy who isn’t even earnestly trying to take a quick fk, and the result is that declan rice gets sent off. that’s a farce. period. 

Uh Huh Yes GIF

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Uh Huh Yes GIF

So a guy trying to play a quick restart isn't a quick restart? Interesting.

I mean the video that NBC ran as their comparison isn't really the same. There is no quick restart happening when the Brighton player kicked the ball along the sideline, when Rice gets sent off the Brighton player is literally trying to restart play, Rice kicks the ball away and gets himself kicked. Seems pretty text book to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

So a guy trying to play a quick restart isn't a quick restart? Interesting.

I mean the video that NBC ran as their comparison isn't really the same. There is no quick restart happening when the Brighton player kicked the ball along the sideline, when Rice gets sent off the Brighton player is literally trying to restart play, Rice kicks the ball away and gets himself kicked. Seems pretty text book to me.

the brighton player can’t restart play, because the ball is rolling, because he kicked it into declan rice as rice was walking away with his back turned. if rice had never touched the ball and the ball had been kicked it would have been whistled back and re-done. of course the bha player was never actually trying to take a quick fk, so it’s really a moot point anyway.

1 minute ago, Derka said:

I mean the video that NBC ran as their comparison isn't really the same. There is no quick restart happening when the Brighton player kicked the ball along the sideline

it’s the exact same call, it’s a foul for delay. that’s why nbc used it. 

Same ref didn’t call Joelingtons WWE closeline of a keeper even a yellow.   Which was unquestionably a red.    But he sends off rice for tapping a ball less than foot, 100 yards away from the goal.  Makes perfect sense.   And if we just want to say well technically it’s a yellow, then there should have been a red on the BHA on player for kicking the shit out of Rice.    

No conspiracy, just infuriatingly bad officiating that any fan of a team that it happened to would be rightfully pissed 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

you missed week 1. 

i mean real talk though. mosquera choke slammed havertz and then anally probed jesus and he didn’t even get so mid as a foul call while jesus got booked for retaliating being digitally raped. shit is terrible. you have to be perfect to beat city for the title. having the officials constantly boning you is beyond frustrating.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, sidis said:

Man, Everton could not embarrass themselves more than if they tried today. This is pure relegation shit.  

these idiots are not professionals.

Put in perspective. 

Screenshot2024-08-31at11_55_39AM.jpeg.9449949289d7ddbf1fd4c2ef2eafdf4d.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Same ref didn’t call Joelingtons WWE closeline of a keeper even a yellow.   Which was unquestionably a red.    But he sends off rice for tapping a ball less than foot, 100 yards away from the goal.  Makes perfect sense.   And if we just want to say well technically it’s a yellow, then there should have been a red on the BHA on player for kicking the shit out of Rice.    

No conspiracy, just infuriatingly bad officiating that any fan of a team that it happened to would be rightfully pissed 

Rice gets kicked because he kicks the ball away. Him making a scene there likely didn’t help him at all. He brought attention to a yellow card offense that he committed. It’s dumb and it was the right call.

2 hours ago, Derka said:

it’s the exact same call, it’s a foul for delay. that’s why nbc used it. 

And both should be yellows. 

4 hours ago, sidis said:

Man, Everton could not embarrass themselves more than if they tried today. This is pure relegation shit.  

these idiots are not professionals.

Everton lacks a lot of quality and has little depth. They remind me of 2016-17 Sunderland who had massive ownership and money problems. They suffered back to back relegations. 

the article mentions that the ball was rolling therefore can be no fk or foul, that the referee only made this call this one time despite the same offense happening throughout the match (reminding you that there was no offense when rice nicked the ball in the first place), that the BHA player should have been booked (or worse) for kicking rice, snd that an official at this level simply can’t be sending players off for something this trivial. 

it’s not a conspiracy, it’s just objectively terrible officiating which took a win and two points away from arsenal. and this exact type of inexplicable, incompetent officiating will take points away from liverpool, chelsea, spurs, villa, and any other team besides man city throughout this season. shit is unacceptable garbage.

Edited by Derka
  • Like 1

here’s the video of what i mentioned earlier. less than 7 minutes left of the 90, well after rice was sent off due to “ThE lETteR Of tHe LaW”.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/s/vt9NQChJhH

anyone who says that the refs didn’t decide this game with their incompetent/corrupt/both officiating can’t be taken seriously.

look at the video of the sending off again. this fucking prick this prick *insists* that he has to give declan his second card and send him off with that stupid fucking punchable face. he *insists* that his hands are tied, and then he just ignores this and every single other BHA delay. fuck that asshole. imagine defending him and decision. just wow.

Edited by Derka

ok it might be a conspiracy. arsenal has won 4 of the last 13 matches officiated by kavanaugh. three times in that span VAR has had to overturn a straight red card against arsenal. fuck this guy. klopp got darren england banned from reffing liverpool matches. the same needs to be done with this fuckface prick and arsenal matches.

arsenal has one loss and, including saturday, two draws in 2024. every other game has been an arsenal win, usually a clean sheet and/or ass whooping. yet we can’t win and are constantly getting bullshit red cards from this mancunian fuckstick whenever he’s in charge of our matches. fuck all of that. get this clown out of here. 

i honestly haven’t been this mad in years. after going like 16-1-1 or whatever after xmas last year and still losing the league title by two points to that saudi club up in manchester, it feels like the season could already be over because of one single twat with an agenda and a whistle. i’m still seething over this shit because it’s ruining my ability to enjoy watching this league that’s already a one-team league. FAK.

Edited by Derka

alright i’ll let this be my last post on this, cuz i gotta move on. good stuff from micah richards, gary lineker, and alan shearer here. shearer basically just says, “we need more common sense in officiating”, while lineker and particularly richards think it’s the most inexplicable call they’ve ever seen. i do apologize for going on about it so much, i just simply can’t believe that anyone could defend this call, especially so flippantly.

the whole show is good, but the declan rice part starts around 34:25.

Edited by Derka

44 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s weird that you’re still on this considering the correct call was made on Rice. 

you are in a very, very small minority with this opinion. again, “letter of the law” arguments are by nature a disingenuous last resort argument made only by the small minority who is trying to justify something that was obviously wrong. it’s literally not possible for declan rice to have committed the foul he was booked for. you’re wrong.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91a9uk5pe5l9i3qxelcj

23 minutes ago, Derka said:

you are in a very, very small minority with this opinion. again, “letter of the law” arguments are by nature a disingenuous last resort argument made only by the small minority who is trying to justify something that was obviously wrong. it’s literally not possible for declan rice to have committed the foul he was booked for. you’re wrong.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91a9uk5pe5l9i3qxelcj

lol wut?
Players receive yellow for kicking the ball away and time wasting. Rice kicks ball away and time wasted. I’m not sure if I’m in the minority or not. I would think anyone that can read the rules would agree with me but who knows. 

Disingenuous last resort? Ok man. The rules are clear, what happened is clear. Refs suck, water is wet. 

Edited by hobbes2702

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I would think anyone that can read the rules would agree with me but who knows. 

i’ve already posted a link to a former epl official of 14 years saying that there was no free kick for rice to delay, as the ball was still rolling. he wrote an entire article about it being both the wrong call by the letter of the law as well as a lack of common sense. i’m pretty sure he knows the rules better than you do, and i’m pretty sure you’re able to read, so what im not sure of is why you’re still clinging to an opinion that has been refuted and disagreed with by everyone from former epl officials and players to fans of rival teams who have a rooting interest in arsenal dropping points. it’s a weird hill to die on, especially considering that all of the pertinent info is right here in this thread. 

Edited by Derka

9 minutes ago, Derka said:

i’ve already posted a link to a former epl official of 14 years saying that there was no free kick for rice to delay, as the ball was still rolling. he wrote an entire article about it being both the wrong call by the letter of the law as well as a lack of common sense. i’m pretty sure he knows the rules better than you do, and i’m pretty sure you’re able to read, so what im not sure of is why you’re still clinging to an opinion that has been refuted and disagreed with by everyone from former epl officials and players to fans of rival teams who have a rooting interest in arsenal dropping points. it’s a weird hill to die on, especially considering that all of the pertinent info is right here in this thread. 

Well the independent review panel voted unanimously that it was the correct call. Seems like they know the rules pretty well also. So it seems like there’s differences in opinion. This is the kinda shit that makes people tell you to fuck off.
This whole thing is super simple but for some reason you’d like to continue to pretend. Did Declan Rice kick the ball off the field? Yes. Did it delay a restart, whether the ball was moving or not? Yes.  Kicking the ball off the field is the problem whether the free kick was imminent or not. He still delayed play. This isn’t hard.

The weird hill is acting as though there’s some conspiracy against Arsenal just because a ref followed the letter of the law. 

IMG_9391.thumb.jpeg.1e0d91e19ed253034ace4025b04b188f.jpeg

Edited by hobbes2702

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Kick the ball off the field?  It rolled like 1 yard away.     Zero players will receive a second yellow for the same thing the rest of the year.    It happened 10+ times without a single yellow.

The ball rolled off the field of play from Rice’s kick. Sorry but that’s what happened.

Ive already said they aren’t consistent. They never have been. But that doesn’t make this the wrong call. Arguing that they shouldn’t make this call because they are inconsistent is arguing for ignoring the rules. It sucks. Refs suck. But the complaints from yall about this are so fucking stupid.

Complain when there is an actual wrong call made. 

Edited by hobbes2702

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Arguing that they shouldn’t make this call because they are inconsistent is arguing for ignoring the rules.

Im arguing that they are consistent when it comes to giving a second yellow for that.   They never do, and won't do it again the rest of the year.

13 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Im arguing that they are consistent when it comes to giving a second yellow for that.   They never do, and won't do it again the rest of the year.

It’s a point of emphasis for the league this year. If you’re on a card, maybe don’t do that. Dom was lucky not to see red today for it. If he does the same thing he did but LFC is winning then he very likely gets one. I don’t agree with the rules or the he emphasis but I wouldn’t be complaining if they showed Dom a red. 

Edited by hobbes2702