EPL 24-25: Postakloppalypse

Buzzrock

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Because I think conspiracy arguments are really stupid and this is the league thread. 

So for example you thought the Tim Donaghy thing was just a stupid conspiracy?  Ok.  

I'll allow you there are a lot of really really dumb conspiracies out there that require unbelievable leaps of logic and coordination bordering on the ridiculously impossible to pull off.

Ref fixing isn't one of those kinds of conspiracies.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

So for example you thought the Tim Donaghy thing was just a stupid conspiracy?  Ok.  

I'll allow you there are a lot of really really dumb conspiracies out there that require unbelievable leaps of logic and coordination bordering on the ridiculously impossible to pull off.

Ref fixing isn't one of those kinds of conspiracies.  

It’s every ref and against every team in this league. They are clearly incompetent. 
Enjoy the conspiracies I guess. 

Outside of Tottenham, I would rather see any of the other teams in the EPL win it.  Now yeah, I naturally want Arsenal to win it but if not us just not fucking City again.  It doesn't help us but it also doesn't help any of the rest of you for City to take easy points off top 4 matches.  So when a ref with that much swirl around his relationships with City ownership gets assigned to a MAJOR match involving City and then this goes down like it has, yea I'm annoyed but for your interests the rest of you should be fairly annoyed....unless you are cool with the City machine rolling on if you can't win it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Agree, IF it’s called both ways.  It ISNT. 

Agreed. But I’m not going to say they missed the Rice second yellow because they miss 15 other kicking the ball away yellow card worthy offenses. The officiating in this league is terrible. And the refs padding their income by going to the Middle East is borderline corruption. 

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Agreed. But I’m not going to say they missed the Rice second yellow because they miss 15 other kicking the ball away yellow card worthy offenses. The officiating in this league is terrible. And the refs padding their income by going to the Middle East is borderline corruption. 

Dammit now I agree with you 

• Haha 1

the sports that i watch the most are mlb baseball, ncaa basketball, and the epl- the holy trinity of bad officiating. for some years now the epl makes those other two league’s officials look world class. the officiating in this league is defiantly shitty. we go play in the champions league and the officials are never the story. can’t have a single epl match day without the officials being the story.

i would give anything to see a group of epl teams band together and threaten to boycott if something isn’t done by the observably, objectively, repeatedly ubiquitous farce that is epl officiating. get a handful of teams to say we refuse to put our players at risk of injury when the officials are clearly not fit to officiate matches or to protect players. this league is so far beyond your typical shitty officiating it’s criminal.

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

but Oliver gives them 9 minutes of stoppage 🤔🤔🤔

6 minutes of 1H extra time and trossard gets sent off after 7:30 of extra time. how/why that extra 90+ seconds happened, only michael oliver knows.

then you have a second half that just flies by and we get SEVEN minutes of extra time? at this point corruption/conspiracy makes more sense then incompetence. it’s too much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Derka said:

letter of the law says that’s a red card/suspension. it should happen retroactively, right? i mean letter of the law and all. 

Letter of the “law” only applies when it is against Arsenal this year.   None of the letter of the law dipshits will ever acknowledge that though. 

35 minutes ago, Derka said:

i would give anything to see a group of epl teams band together and threaten to boycott if something isn’t done by the observably, objectively, repeatedly ubiquitous farce that is epl officiating. get a handful of teams to say we refuse to put our players at risk of injury when the officials are clearly not fit to officiate matches or to protect players. this league is so far beyond your typical shitty officiating it’s criminal.

This I can get with. Thats my point entirely. This is the worst officiated league in professional sports. 

56 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Imagine if Kronke paid Michale Oliver 200k to come to the US and officiate a Colorado Rapids friendly and then the first chance he gets, he gives out a red to Man city.   The double standard is absolutely incredible 

Stan needs to. And make it £600k. Apparently that’s how you get officiated fairly by PGMOL. 

Edited by Dutch