Texas games among the most expensive to attend in 2024

Derka

18 minutes ago, QuarterJew said:

Holy poop on a stick, Army vs Navy tickets are going for that much?!?!?!

They are always crazy expensive. My dream of attending an Army/Navy game is going to come with taking a financial kick to the nuts.

• Like 2

I thought Texas vs Arkansas tickets would be up there in price?

2 minutes ago, n64ra said:

That's what happens when you are everybody's Super Bowl.

Well, lots of teams can say that, but yes lately since Texas has been solid the demand has been up.  

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ok now do Cincy at Colorado (a big 12 conference game lol)

Meh, those aren't that big drawing teams (well Colorado sometimes can be).  Now do Utah vs Okie Lite or BYU vs K-State if these teams are any good.  

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ok now do Cincy at Colorado (a big 12 conference game lol)

Meh, those aren't that big drawing teams (well Colorado sometimes can be).  Now do Utah vs Okie Lite or BYU vs K-State if these teams are any good.  

I personally think the Big 12 will be fine and still draw alot of eyeballs in ratings due to the parity and style of play.  

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Paper_jam said:

Will we ever see $5 tickets at HEB again? Those were the days.

Hopefully not!  Unless we start doing the Broadway lottery ticket thing....otherwise - such is the price for being good. 🤘🏾  But to your point, I'd rather not have to donate eggs to afford tickets...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

do we buy Michigan tickets sooner, or wait until week of for a price drop?

It’s a dice roll. I had to pull the trigger because of all the travel etc. Save how much? Face value for horn fans was $210 I believe…so anything less than $400 will be a “deal.” I think anyone getting in on the after market for $300-400 should be happy.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, QuarterJew said:

I personally think the Big 12 will be fine and still draw alot of eyeballs in ratings due to the parity and style of play.  

Right. So why are they 10 on the list and over $300?  Just a tick over Georgia at bama. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

I have a feeling that Georgia ticket is gonna be a lot hotter by the time it rolls around.  And I will also predict, like the summer dreams wilting in October of the Aggie fan base, that preseason price for A&M's visit will fall considerably by game day.  

A&M will again resume their rightful place as spoiler and never contender vs we enter the SEC.  I remember selling 4 of my 8 season tickets back in the Day when tOSU was coming to town.  Sold 4 season tix for $5k.  I would Ask $8 or $10 K for season tix this year. 

When I look at that TX/OU $445 ticket price it reminds me that back when my rug rats were little I would sell my 4 OU tickets, and it would pay for a 4 day weekend in Port A at Seagull Condos. I was doing that in the Early 2000's. Glad that ticket is hot ehought to get that 4 day weekend at Seagull again!

Well, lots of teams can say that, but yes lately since Texas has been solid the demand has been up.  

Arkie will be picked to win in exactly 3 games this year. Sitting duck coach and a good Texas team equals watch it from the single wide while cooking meth. Win-win.

7 hours ago, QuarterJew said:

With game being in Fayettenam, the author probably didn't have a current exchange rate of possum's testicles to dollars, so he left it out. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

For those with season tickets, what is your strategy for selling the games you aren't planning to attend? Is it better to wait until the season starts if we do well? 

On a separate note, what is the best way to get OU tickets if I didn't get any earlier this year? 

13 hours ago, horn4life said:

I have a feeling that Georgia ticket is gonna be a lot hotter by the time it rolls around.  And I will also predict, like the summer dreams wilting in October of the Aggie fan base, that preseason price for A&M's visit will fall considerably by game day.  

I'm not so sure.  Even if they implode this year, they will still see that game as their chance to make it a successful season.

The stadium might be half-full by late 3rd quarter, but that's another story.

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'm not so sure.  Even if they implode this year, they will still see that game as their chance to make it a successful season.

The stadium might be half-full by late 3rd quarter, but that's another story.

So your theory is Aggie hope springs eternal? Most of those $625 tickets will be trading hands prior to the season or as long as cruel reality hasn't smacked the Aggies.  Texas ticket sellers need to root hard for A&M in their opener vs Notre Dame on August 31st, a bead down by the domers will make those sky high prices disappear.

I will gladly say I was completely and totally wrong.  And the first matchup after the Ags fleeing will be a hot ticker for sure.  But if Texas(pray, pray, pray) and Georgia are undefeated, that ticket will go through the roof, IMHO.

On 7/30/2024 at 3:16 PM, QuarterJew said:

Holy poop on a stick, Army vs Navy tickets are going for that much?!?!?!

I see you’re new here. It’s ok to use shit on a stick. Helps avoid aggy overtones.

5 hours ago, Sal said:

For those with season tickets, what is your strategy for selling the games you aren't planning to attend? Is it better to wait until the season starts if we do well? 

On a separate note, what is the best way to get OU tickets if I didn't get any earlier this year? 

Games you aren’t planning on attending are probably the crappy games a lot of people are going to sell. Especially if it’s a September game, the sooner the better. Be happy with face unless you’ve got really good seats…