2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Gerry said the other day our two “best” right now are Collins and Lole (“Low-Lay”).

Has Lole practiced yet as a Longhorn?

Goosby will be LT2 and I believe either Baker or Jaydon Chatman (who has played all along the entire line) will be RT3

Kind of sucks for Chatman, maybe he will catch on. I thought he would have been more along as a (I think?) 4 star playing on the right side.

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Kind of sucks for Chatman, maybe he will catch on. I thought he would have been more along as a (I think?) 4 star playing on the right side.

Yeah, Gerry said it will be a real battle between him and Baker. I thought he would have caught on like Williams, too. Maybe he just needs actual game experience, but at least he's learning all of the positions in case he has to play G if DJ has a great season and leaves. 

Posted (edited)

Now I am not a professional coach, but I have been running simulations in an advanced algorithm. According to the results I am getting from said simulations we score 70% of the time just running a jet sweep to Bond or outside zone to the left side with Blue and Baxter. So I don’t want to tell Sark how to do his job but maybe he should look into it.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

I’m intrigued by Jaylon Guilbeau this fall camp. I remember his freshman year there was a ton of buzz around him in the Spring & Summer. Even Sweaty Gary was in love with him as a prospect. The season came around and he beat out Barron at Star. He didn’t really pop off the screen when I watched him though. My lasting memory of Jaylon was him getting burned by Jahmyr Gibbs on a crosser vs Alabama. He seemingly disappears for two years. Fast forward to this off-season, there’s talk of Guilbeau being an NFL guy, one of the better players on the team. That seems like a very rare career trajectory. 

7 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

The season came around and he beat out Barron at Star.

I don’t think this ever happened. Barron got hurt during Fall camp and wasn’t fully healthy at the start of the season. I’m pretty sure he was always the starter over Guilbeau when healthy though. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Short video clips of Coach Flood/PK/Banks

Link...

https://www.fox7austin.com/video/1493341

Wasn't pleased with PK's excuse in the clip above about our secondary giving up so much because they were targeted so much. I mean, ya think maybe they were targeted so much because they were so easy to exploit? Well, that and of course, nobody was running against us anyways, lol, so it's not like they had a choice in the matter xD

At least some of the young guys (M. Muhammad and D. Williams) will be a little more experienced this go around and I expect our pass rush from the edges is going to take a step forward, which should help. While I don't expect us to be dominant run stuffers in the middle I am optimistic about Collins being disruptive. I suspect he is motivated this being a contract year. Likewise, I'd like to think that he feels he has some big shoes to fill trying to measure up with the standard set last season by Sweat and Murphy.

27 minutes ago, someguy said:

he didn't just disappear for two years - he had a total blowout of his knee and spent a good chunk of that time rehabbing.

I assumed everyone was aware of that. 

46 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

Fight Me Lets Go GIF by NETFLIX

I support the sentiment but man John David Washington is probably the worst actor in cinema who keeps getting leading roles from good directors. Tenet already had its issues but that charisma black hole taking a role clearly written for an Idris Elba type was brutal.

Anyway, practice is in session:

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I support the sentiment but man John David Washington is probably the worst actor in cinema who keeps getting leading roles from good directors. Tenet already had its issues but that charisma black hole taking a role clearly written for an Idris Elba type was brutal.

My girl and I walked out of Amsterdam. Maybe if Washington had any kind of range it would have elevated the film to tolerable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Anyway, practice is in session:

For future drama purposes does IT have anyone onsite?

22 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I support the sentiment but man John David Washington is probably the worst actor in cinema who keeps getting leading roles from good directors....

I wouldn't say he's the worst but I'm sure it helps land the role when your dad is Denzel Washington.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

I wouldn't say he's the worst but I'm sure it helps land the role when your dad is Denzel Washington.

Goddamnit RollLeft, not all black people are related and Washington is a very common name...<googles John David Washington>

Well I'll be dipped. I had no idea. 

denzel-relieved.gif?w=366&fit=1031,580&q

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

18 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Goddamnit RollLeft, not all black people are related and Washington is a very common name...<googles John David Washington>

Well I'll be dipped. I had no idea. 

denzel-relieved.gif?w=366&fit=1031,580&q

At least John David has a father (John Sr.) who went to extreme lengths to get him the heart transplant he needed to end up as a very mid actor.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)

On the OTF post practice stream Bobby is as smitten as I’ve ever seen him. Even more so than last year. 

Bobby also basically said Sydir looked fat….said he definitely wasn’t 350

Lole was in green jersey and will be on pitch count in practice to ensure he’s healthy for the season. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1