2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

30 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

The sydir thing seems strange to me. If he’s 6’5” and 360lb and explosive then he sounds like tvondre 2.0. That also doesn’t sound like he’s in terrible shape assuming his squat and clean numbers are commiserate.

He maybe Sweat. It took a long time for Sweat to put it together. He wasn’t known as the hardest worker for most of his career. He shouldn’t have needed the COVID year based on his talent 

13 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:
He maybe Sweat. It took a long time for Sweat to put it together. He wasn’t known as the hardest worker for most of his career. He shouldn’t have needed the COVID year based on his talent 

Sydir isn't sweat.

Not predicting he will be, just saying some of these big boys take awhile to find the needed dedication. Talent isn’t Sydir’s issue. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

The sydir thing seems strange to me. If he’s 6’5” and 360lb and explosive then he sounds like tvondre 2.0. That also doesn’t sound like he’s in terrible shape assuming his squat and clean numbers are commiserate.

They have different builds. Sydir appears top heavy to me. At times it's looked like he "gets out over his skees" so to speak. Like Codaxx says, Sweat didn't light it up as early and consistently as we'd have liked him to. Keondre Coburn didn't either. Effort and discipline are the variables he needs to emphasize to develop his body and learn how to best control it.

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Not predicting he will be, just saying some of these big boys take awhile to find the needed dedication. Talent isn’t Sydir’s issue. 

Sweat played as a true freshman and showed he belonged right away. Sydir is fat and cannot be counted on as a sophomore. They are not even close to the same player and the comparison is stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Sweat played as a true freshman and showed he belonged right away. Sydir is fat and cannot be counted on as a sophomore. They are not even close to the same player and the comparison is stupid. 

I literally said I wasn’t predicting he would become Sweat. I was simply commenting on the fact that for many DTs it takes awhile to discover the work ethic needed to realize their potential. Used Sweat as a guy that didn’t have a sterling reputation for his work ethic for much of his career. 

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

I literally said I wasn’t predicting he would become Sweat. I was simply commenting on the fact that for many DTs it takes awhile to discover the work ethic needed to realize their potential. Used Sweat as a guy that didn’t have a sterling reputation for his work ethic for much of his career. 

Sweat didn’t take time to discover his work ethic. That comparison is as a lazy as it is wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Sweat didn’t take time to discover his work ethic. That comparison is as a lazy as it is wrong. 

We can agree to disagree.  No need to get into a dick measuring contest 

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I thought part of the beef with Sweat was that he didn't take it seriously enough his first few years.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm gonna laugh when sydir finishes the year with 5+ sacks. 

Now that is a ballsy prediction. I would be happy, if learned to skip the blue bell. Maybe January can light a fire under is ass. One thing to see upperclassmen in front of you, it’s another to fall behind a freshman 

Edited by Codaxx

18 hours ago, Wayne said:

From Bobby:

Will have more tomorrow.

- Practice was under the lights inside DKR.

- They pumped some music in and got the place loud.

- Not full pads. Helmets and shoulder pads only.

- A couple of turnovers, one pick thrown by Trey Owens in the flat and one by Arch Manning over the middle.

- Silas Bolden and Ryan Wingo continue to receive rave reviews. A twisting catch by Wingo down the sideline was one of the night’s highlights.

- Colin Simmons looked particularly good in some one on one pas rush work against Cam Williams.

- Quinn Ewers and Manning both looked good overall.

- I should have more for folks in the morning. 

Okay, off topic but genuine question because it’s been 2+ decades since I played football. Does “helmets and shoulder pads only” just mean no thigh pads? Because I know they don’t wear knee pads anymore, and I haven’t seen hip/butt pads in years like we used to. 

I understand that helmets-and-shoulder-pads-only also speaks to the level of contact in practice but I’m asking more out of curiosity. Because on Saturdays it looks like they effective play in helmets and shoulder pads anyway. 

back to on topic discussion

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

He admitted that he was the dipshit on the bus laughing that caused Bo Davis to lose his shit. Showed up fat to the combine. His work ethic is still shitty lol. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

He admitted that he was the dipshit on the bus laughing that caused Bo Davis to lose his shit. Showed up fat to the combine. His work ethic is still shitty lol. 

He didn't show up fat to the combine. He showed up fat to camp. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

He didn't show up fat to the combine. He showed up fat to camp. 

I’m fairly certain he told the media he wanted to play at 350-355 then showed up 366 at the combine. For reference, not a single nfl defender weighed over 355lbs last year lol. He showed up too fat. I think he’s great and a bad ass but his work ethic is clearly a weak point. I hope you’re right about Sydir. 

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

I’m fairly certain he told the media he wanted to play at 350-355 then showed up 366 at the combine. For reference, not a single nfl defender weighed over 355lbs last year lol. He showed up too fat. I think he’s great and a bad ass but his work ethic is clearly a weak point. I hope you’re right about Sydir. 

He was training all winter and spring for the combine. He didn't show up fat. 

He stopped after combine and after draft until camp. His coach said he isn't where he wants him but his mind is right and his effort is professional. 

1 minute ago, futureman said:

@immamac will spencer shannon see the field much this season?  how’s his blocking been in camp?

He'll get snaps like Juan did before this season. Probably very limited to no targets, but I expect him to be in the rotation for blocking packages. 

Gunnar and Juan will be the main guys it's looking like. Juan is a fucking beast you can read all the way into the comments by Banks about him. His problem was never physical it had more to do with the speed and complexity of the college game and being able to process it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

He was training all winter and spring for the combine. He didn't show up fat. 

He stopped after combine and after draft until camp. His coach said he isn't where he wants him but his mind is right and his effort is professional. 

And that he was in good condition as well

2 hours ago, Llewelyn Moss said:

Okay, off topic but genuine question because it’s been 2+ decades since I played football. Does “helmets and shoulder pads only” just mean no thigh pads? Because I know they don’t wear knee pads anymore, and I haven’t seen hip/butt pads in years like we used to. 

I understand that helmets-and-shoulder-pads-only also speaks to the level of contact in practice but I’m asking more out of curiosity. Because on Saturdays it looks like they effective play in helmets and shoulder pads anyway. 

back to on topic discussion

It’s literally just helmet and shoulder pads. They call it the Winnie the Pooh. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

From reports, I thought Niblack is more of a flex TE, and Juan would be used more as a H back. 

All I know is Niblack is a cheat code in new NCAA game so I figure Sark will let him loose. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

This team has the best stable of running backs since the Wishbone days in the late 60’s and early 70’s with Chris Gilbert, Steve Worster, Ted Koy, Jim Bertelsen, Billy Dale, Bobby Callison, Terry Collins, and Paul Robichau

hey thanks for your wrong opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

whether you like his opinion or not, those names are welcome up in here any day, any thread, any reason

yeah those names are great.  the issue is 1996, really, wrt his post.