2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

I can't remember the last time a freshman was being hyped up by Bobby/Gerry the way Wingo is - I guess Kelvin Banks was pretty similar. I'm curious if Cook/Moore get the courtesy start against CSU because it sounds like a combination of Bond, Bolden, Wingo, along with Niblack, would be extremely difficult to defend. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

I can't remember the last time a freshman was being hyped up by Bobby/Gerry the way Wingo is - I guess Kelvin Banks was pretty similar. I'm curious if Cook/Moore get the courtesy start against CSU because it sounds like a combination of Bond, Bolden, Wingo, along with Niblack, would be extremely difficult to defend. 

I should hope that the era of courtesy starts is over. You bleed for the team, great, you have our thanks. But that should not get you playing time if someone else is better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

I'm curious if Cook/Moore get the courtesy start against CSU

Bond/Cook/Moore to start would probably make the most sense at this point. A second string of Golden/Wingo/Bolden is funny, because that might be better than the first string.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, immamac said:

I'm gonna laugh when sydir finishes the year with 5+ sacks. 

He’s more likely to wind up as a sack of goo, watching Spongebob reruns from his mom’s couch in New Jersey by the time the season is finished than with 5 sacks on a football field. How high did you get before visiting the practice on Saturday night? 

16 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Despite Gaskamp Award notions for Juan and despite all indications he’s a great guy, I find it hard to believe he’ll have a bigger impact than Niblack. Unless Niblack is considered more of an H-back.

immamac is prone to fits of absurd hyperbole. The post you’re responding to appears to be another example. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

immamac is prone to fits of absurd hyperbole. The post you’re responding to appears to be another example. 

Yeah, Burton said this morning that he thinks Niblack gets drafted before Bond, or any of the other portal transfers. So getting buried behind Juan Davis seems... unlikely.

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He’s more likely to wind up as a sack of goo, watching Spongebob reruns from his mom’s couch in New Jersey by the time the season is finished than with 5 sacks on a football field. How high did you get before visiting the practice on Saturday night? 

I would say my entire posting style is mocking hope on the football board lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Bond/Cook/Moore to start would probably make the most sense at this point. A second string of Golden/Wingo/Bolden is funny, because that might be better than the first string.

going to guess the rotation is 6 to start the season and it will finish around 4 by the end. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Which two won't be playing regularly by December? 

That is the real question. I would guess Moore is the most likely. There will likely be some time missed for injuries in the group. I would bet on Wingo play time increasing as the season progresses. 

Edited by Codaxx

17 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

going to guess the rotation is 6 to start the season and it will finish around 4 by the end. 

2 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That is the real question. I would guess Moore is the most likely. There will likely be some time missed for injuries in the group. I would bet on Wingo play time increasing as the season progresses. 

Outside of injuries, I don't get the logic here. If you have 6 starting caliber receivers, why would you not continue to rotate them and keep everyone fresh and productive? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Niblack & Bond are absolute weapons in EA CFB 25.

If I ever get in trouble, I just go 5 Wide, All Go/Verticals and throw it deep to Bond, and then Wingo, and then a 5 star that I recruited with 99 speed. It feels like cheating. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Outside of injuries, I don't get the logic here. If you have 6 starting caliber receivers, why would you not continue to rotate them and keep everyone fresh and productive? 

Sark may. He has been known to keep the rotations pretty tight. Going to be a lot of variables that go into this. I am sure Sark is hoping for a lot of comfortable victories, so he doesnt have to make the call. Its more about the delta between the WRs, than if they are starting worthy. If Bond can make good on early predictions that he is a 1st rounder, he isnt coming off the field. I like Wingo to make a move, because he brings a different body type than the rest. 

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Our 2nd unit at wr will be better than just about everyone's 1st string.

Just about everyone but Ohio State.  Not bad for a start.

I’ve worried all off season about who we lost, but am hell bent excited to watch this crew.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Our WR's:

Bond - 10.5 100

Golden - 10.93 100

Cook - 10.76 100

Wingo - 10.55 100

Bolden - 10.61 100

Moore - 10.9 100

If we can rollout a platoon we should absolutely do it and just wipe motherfuckers out.

Out of curiosity, what was Worthy's 100m PR?

EDIT: Found it myself. 

"As a sophomore in high school, Worthy ran wind-legal personal-best time of 10.65 in the 100-meters"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/03/08/xavier-worthy-kansas-city-chiefs-40-yard-dash/72899341007/

Edited by TheBryMan81
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Out of curiosity, what was Worthy's 100m PR?

EDIT: Found it myself. 

"As a sophomore in high school, Worthy ran wind-legal personal-best time of 10.65 in the 100-meters"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/03/08/xavier-worthy-kansas-city-chiefs-40-yard-dash/72899341007/

Remember also that Worthy didn't run high school track again after his sophomore year due to covid and graduating early his senior year.  So who knows what he would've run as high school junior or senior. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Niblack and Moore are both cheat codes on the game. 

My Texas dynasty in year 2 has Bond, Golden, Wingo, Niblack, and Quinn back. All impact players. Good lord I’m running it up on bitches. 

Edited by Texasborn91
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don't think Sark has ever rotated more than 4 WR. He mostly focuses on top 3 and another one or two get some looks.

And all the Quinn to the stable of WRs doesn’t even mention the nations’ best RB, in CJ Baxter! Ahem - we will run the ball too with Baxter, Blue, and the others within the loaded RB room.

So many plays and not enough touches to go around. Nice predicament to be in - IMO

Let alone passes out of the backfield.

Hook’em!!!

21 hours ago, futureman said:

hey thanks for your wrong opinion. 

These are the stats from our RB’s in 1969.  Steve Worster 4.8 YPC, Jim Bertelsen 7.1 YPC, Ted Koy 5.3 YPC, Bobby Callison 4.7 YPC, Billy Dale 5.4 YPC, Terry Collins 5.6 YPC, Paul Robichau 6.3 YPC.  These are the stats from our RB’s in 1996.  Shon Mitchell 5.4 YPC, Ricky Williams 6.2 YPC, Priest Holmes 5.5 YPC, Chris Butcher 4.7 YPC, Ricky Browm 4.1 YPC.  We had more depth at RB in  1969 than we did in 1996.

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That’s not actually correct and has become something akin to folklore. In addition, he’s clearly stated repeatedly this offseason that he’s going with a larger rotation because he can. 

Also, Texas has committed mid-6 figures to a minimum of 6 WRs at Sarkisian’s pleading. If boosters spend $400k on Golden to just see him returning kicks, that’s going to be a problem in the future.  Y’all may not like that, but it’s part of the game now. 

You bring up a good point... there is gold in them hills... I would be fine with seeing us roll out 6 WRs that can go off...  But I don't think the folklore is folklore. I don't recall him rolling out a bunch of WRs anywhere... and maybe he never could.

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That’s not actually correct and has become something akin to folklore. In addition, he’s clearly stated repeatedly this offseason that he’s going with a larger rotation because he can. 

Also, Texas has committed mid-6 figures to a minimum of 6 WRs at Sarkisian’s pleading. If boosters spend $400k on Golden to just see him returning kicks, that’s going to be a problem in the future.  Y’all may not like that, but it’s part of the game now. 

He's also pretty fucking good, and it wouldn't make much sense to stick him on the bench, or any other of these six dudes, just for the sake of having a smaller rotation. 

Or to put another way, there isn't a Casey Cain in the two-deep anymore.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1