2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

Posted (edited)

Isn’t one of the baseball guys playing RB for us this year? In my medical opinion the only way to tear your PCL and LCL would be if a  blunt cylindrical object impacted the knee from the side. Makes you wonder. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Isn’t one of the baseball guys playing RB for us this year? In my medical opinion the only way to tear your PCL and LCL would be if a  blunt cylindrical object impacted the knee from the side. Makes you wonder. 

This is the type of hard hitting commentary I've grown to love from surly.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Red wore out his welcome. Choice has told people that he thinks there are 5 TBs on campus who will play in the NFL. That was in the spring with Red on campus and Choice sure to clarify that he wasn't counting Red among them. If there is any single coach on the staff that I trust in regard to reads like of his own group, it's Choice. People pining for Red are like people pining for Bozo the Clown at a kid's birthday party.

I appreciate the info. I wasn't pining, just going off of what I saw on the field late last year and where Red was in the depth chart. If we are better off via the recruiting adds, then cool.

Shit luck for Baxter. He needs to go have a conversation with Brooks about how to be a teammate while rehabbing.

• Hook 'Em 5

These concerns are merited for the people that like to worry, with you leading the pack, but Choice is an excellent coach when it comes to TB blocking (and overall) and both freshman can and will run inside and have the bodies for it.

Red wore out his welcome. Choice has told people that he thinks there are 5 TBs on campus who will play in the NFL. That was in the spring with Red on campus and Choice sure to clarify that he wasn't counting Red among them. If there is any single coach on the staff that I trust in regard to reads like of his own group, it's Choice. People pining for Red are like people pining for Bozo the Clown at a kid's birthday party.

image.gif.44c7c621b29e917671275624edfa5e72.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

These concerns are merited for the people that like to worry, with you leading the pack, but Choice is an excellent coach when it comes to TB blocking (and overall) and both freshman can and will run inside and have the bodies for it.

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Spoiler

Olympedia – Tonya Harding

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to 2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap Blue
3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Baxter was more of a power run game look compared to the speedier look of Blue. Who can step into Baxters role?

I think Clark will be the real winner in this situation.  

Blue will move to RB1, Wisner will play the Keilan Robinson role, Gibson will be short yardage, and Christian will be Jaydon's primary back-up... bank it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I think Clark will be the real winner in this situation.  

Blue will move to RB1, Wisner will play the Keilan Robinson role, Gibson will be short yardage, and Christian will be Jaydon's primary back-up... bank it.

Wisner will be more Roschon than Keilan IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

RoJo was like 220 lbs.   Wisener is like 180-190.  

So what? Keilen was a speed back who ran around contact. Wisner is a character kid / everyman back who's quicker than fast but will run through a wall. It's about type, not size. 

Edited by mwaadeeb

2 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

So what? Keilen was a speed back who ran around contact. Wisner is a character kid / everyman back who's quick but will run through a wall. It's about type, not size. 

Agree to disagree.  Size dictates type. 

Yes, Keilan had a special gear that not many have, but Wisner is plenty fast and can change direction on a dime.  That's not even remotely RoJo's game.

I suspect Wisner will be used a lot more like Keilan, but I guess we're all about to find out.