2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

He also hits the fuck out of people on special teams

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Henry Melton was 260 and ran like a bitch

Yup.  Difference between running down the field at top speed and being a willing battering ram, and running 5 yards and getting popped by a 225lb LB.  And Henry Melton hit the fuck out of people once he moved to DT.

F= M*A

Wisner has the "A", but lacks the "M".  He'd get killed if they asked him to play like RoJo.

22 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I think Clark will be the real winner in this situation.  

Blue will move to RB1, Wisner will play the Keilan Robinson role, Gibson will be short yardage, and Christian will be Jaydon's primary back-up... bank it.

Clark is the overlooked beast. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

This guy right here is the answer to our short yardage issues.

yep, Trent Richardson starter kit. 

Also, i see a lot of Brooks running style in Wisner, from the limited reps on tape at least.

55 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Baxter was more of a power run game look compared to the speedier look of Blue. Who can step into Baxters role?

You watched Baxter play and you described him as a power back? 

32 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Agree to disagree.  Size dictates type. 

Yes, Keilan had a special gear that not many have, but Wisner is plenty fast and can change direction on a dime.  That's not even remotely RoJo's game.

I suspect Wisner will be used a lot more like Keilan, but I guess we're all about to find out.

Damn 

We did not even get to fuck around

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I appreciate the info. I wasn't pining, just going off of what I saw on the field late last year and where Red was in the depth chart. If we are better off via the recruiting adds, then cool.

Shit luck for Baxter. He needs to go have a conversation with Brooks about how to be a teammate while rehabbing.

I wasn’t pinning the pining on you, just adding that to the commentary since there are those who do exactly that. See @GreenspointTexas ‘s numbnuttery following suit later in this thread. 

2 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Guess I’ll have to move him down a few spots on my rosters in CFB 25.

It’s bizarre. I had him having a great season his sophomore year and then he went down with an injury. The injury update comes back that he a lower back injury and his career was over. I kind of just stared at the screen for a minute. Only time I’ve lost a guy like that. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I wasn’t pinning the pining on you, just adding that to the commentary since there are those who do exactly that. See @GreenspointTexas ‘s numbnuttery following suit later in this thread. 

It’s bizarre. I had him having a great season his sophomore year and then he went down with an injury. The injury update comes back that he a lower back injury and his career was over. I kind of just stared at the screen for a minute. Only time I’ve lost a guy like that. 

CFB 25 sounds dark

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I love me some Joel Klatt. His kool-aid for us every season is phenomenal. That hit he took from Drew Kelson really did something to him. 

Joel Klatt is getting money.... And he should carry on doing so.🤘🏾

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
1 hour ago, DixonHur said:
RoJo was like 220 lbs.   Wisener is like 180-190.  

Wisners 200lbs

Yeah, and Sydir is 350

I learned a long time ago to never trust the media guide 

11 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Turf didn’t cause a contact related LCL/PCL injury lol

IDGAF.

Rip up that damn astroturf the second the season is over and replace with grass. 

Hire away aggy's groundskeepers Schloss-style if you have to. Do it. Do it NOW.

• Like 1

Gbenda can jump in there a few snaps maybe. 

Also it doesn’t bother me at all running 5 wides or 01 personnel either, Quinn is plenty comfortable spreading them out. 

Then there’s all the orbit and jet stuff, now it just means our 6 star wide outs will get even more touches. 

Also Blue is a stud. 

Sucks but it is what it is, I have zero worries on offense with Sark dawg. I just want a secondary and pass rush that can take over games now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What’s his pro comparison again? 247 seems to have removed it from their recruiting profiles. 

I dunno, but I saw aa video of him working out with Bijan, and he looked quick as hell and he's a muscular dude. We'll see if his skills transfer sooner rather than later. 

8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Gbenda can jump in there a few snaps maybe. 

The baseball catcher who is walking on at football should be getting snaps at RB before we consider switching players from the defensive two-deep

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Is the number provided by the team somehow less reliable than the one you pulled out of your butt?

I used to be a carnival worker...

But seriously, you can look at these two images say "yeah, these guys are the same size"?

Blue:

image.thumb.png.d15163857520636f3f77ee9fa1cc4ac0.png

Wisner:

image.jpeg.29bc4b4d726680aea0eef5ac5f67cc48.jpegTexas RB CJ Baxter suffers knee injury ...

Edited by DixonHur
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That's Jerrick Gibson at the top, my dude. Blue is #23

Good catch... I have the world's worst wifi and grabbed the wrong pick.  

But according to the media guide Gibson is 205... he's definitely more than 5 pounds heavier than Wisner

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Good catch... I have the world's worst wifi and grabbed the wrong pick.  

But according to the media guide Gibson is 205... he's definitely more than 5 pounds heavier than Wisner

I think Gerry said he was like 210 now? Or maybe I dreamed it, but he's a thick kid. Saw him working out with Bijan and he's thick and has some extremely quick feet. He was doing the same workouts as Bijan. Tells you that being at IMG really does make a difference for some kids. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I think Gerry said he was like 210 now? Or maybe I dreamed it, but he's a thick kid. Saw him working out with Bijan and he's thick and has some extremely quick feet. He was doing the same workouts as Bijan. Tells you that being at IMG really does make a difference for some kids. 

He's gonna be a good one, but I like Clark.  Seems so natural when you watch his Hudl

7 minutes ago, Askew said:

It's also Baxter in the bottom right pic

Ok, I'll stop trying to post pics from my phone with bad wifi... I'm picking the first image that loads when I google them and obviously that's not getting job done.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1

Near end, Dumbass former blOU guy saying "Savion Red" will have to help Texas this year 😋

Texas RB CJ Baxter's season-ending injury means this for the Longhorns

Side note... autocorrect changes Savion to Saloon 😂

• Haha 5

Time for Blue, Wisner, and the true Freshmen to step up. Thank you to the two early guys coming into the fold/family in January!

We’ll be ok while CJ4 gets healthy, because we do plan on throwing the ball a couple times per game.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Oh, it gets dark. Mostly for my CPu opponents. I beat Alabama 79-42 earlier today and there likely wasn’t an imaginary Bama fan leaving their virtual stadium with their head up after that. 

I see you still have Gideon and Joseph as your DB coaches in the game. 

• Haha 3