2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What’s his pro comparison again? 247 seems to have removed it from their recruiting profiles. 

Not great at comparing, but I would think College Trent Richardson would be an apt comparison.  From memory Richardson was a bit heavier 20lbs maybe ,  but about the same height and body type.  The video on Gibson is not great b/c he was playing at IMG and tough to know what the competition was but seems like a similar build to Trent Richardson from his Bama days 

I tore my PCL and LCL about 13 years ago, and it was not a fun recovery. They did put in a cadaver achilles tendon in there, so theoretically the tendon was stronger than before, but range of motion was never the same. Of course I was far from an elite athlete in my 20s. I fell off an ATV in Costa Rica, over the side of a cliff, and the ATV rolled down and over me as I tumbled to what I suspected might be my death, so yeah, it's a rare injury. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Sark should use Juan as an H Back. He’s explosive and one of the hardest hitters on the team. Let Juanito run that hoe for tough yards. I remember Stoops & Riley would kill us with H Backs. 

I suspect this could happen. 

i think we're definitely going to feel the Baxter loss.  the margin of error just got smaller and god help us if another rb goes down (which i would guess is probably likely to happen at some point in the season).  we'll definitely miss Baxter in week 2 @ Michigan.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Sark should use Juan as an H Back. He’s explosive and one of the hardest hitters on the team. Let Juanito run that hoe for tough yards. I remember Stoops & Riley would kill us with H Backs. 

Based on?

Edited by Hank_Hill

10 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Based on?

Helobious

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i think we're definitely going to feel the Baxter loss.  the margin of error just got smaller and god help us if another rb goes down (which i would guess is probably likely to happen at some point in the season).  we'll definitely miss Baxter in week 2 @ Michigan.

We've left the jihadi schools behind in the Least12 with all their cheap-shot/take-out artists at Rapelor, froggy, tortillaville, etc., so yet another reason that the SEC really does just mean more.

Tear of the LCL and PCL implies significant chance there was (unreported in lay updates) injury to more of the PLC (posterolateral corner). This is a bad injury, and I would be surprised to see him really participate in spring ball. Maybe a coin-flip (depending on details not available to me) on whether the CJ of 2025 looks like the CJ of early summer 2024. Don't shoot the messenger.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

4 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Tear of the LCL and PCL implies significant chance there was (unreported in lay updates) injury to more of the PLC (posterolateral corner). This is a bad injury, and I would be surprised to see him really participate in spring ball. Maybe a coin-flip (depending on details not available to me) on whether the CJ of 2025 looks like the CJ of early summer 2024. Don't shoot the messenger.

But will he live?

10 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Thanks, doc.

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Bobby and Gerry on the implications of Baxter injury

Jesus fucking Christ 10 minutes in of talking and they haven’t said a single fucking thing. Do they get paid by the word? For someone who watched this entire clip, how far in until they actually say anything useful? 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I think Gerry said he was like 210 now? Or maybe I dreamed it, but he's a thick kid. Saw him working out with Bijan and he's thick and has some extremely quick feet. He was doing the same workouts as Bijan. Tells you that being at IMG really does make a difference for some kids. 

NVM

Edited by Llewelyn Moss

3 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

We've left the jihadi schools behind in the Least12 with all their cheap-shot/take-out artists at Rapelor, froggy, tortillaville, etc., so yet another reason that the SEC really does just mean more.

Someone already forgot the cheap shots by Bama and the fake cramps by LSU. Get ready for worse shit by more talented athletes.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Jesus fucking Christ 10 minutes in of talking and they haven’t said a single fucking thing. Do they get paid by the word? For someone who watched this entire clip, how far in until they actually say anything useful? 

Mostly the obvious. 

1. Blocking is a question (Baxter was the best blocker last year, Blue/Wisner are questionable)

2. Could have a big effect on game planning. 2 RB sets that were successful might be run less, which could limit Blue's usage in the pass game. Play action could be affected. 

3. Sark may have to pivot running less inside zone. That isnt the best use of Blue or Wisner's ability. Freshmen could help there. Their bodies are ready, but are they mentally ready 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Mostly the obvious. 

1. Blocking is a question (Baxter was the best blocker last year, Blue/Wisner are questionable)

2. Could have a big effect on game planning. 2 RB sets that were successful might be run less, which could limit Blue's usage in the pass game. Play action could be affected. 

3. Sark may have to pivot running less inside zone. That isnt the best use of Blue or Wisner's ability. Freshmen could help there. Their bodies are ready, but are they mentally ready 

1) If Blue struggles in pass pro, they could do the 2019 LSU thing and just send out five receiving targets on obvious passing downs (LSU would motion CEH out to the field next to the sideline and either a LB would follow him or a CB would be sacrificed on him). Quinn would need to be better managing pressure for this to work though 

2) Texas is so loaded at WR and probably TE that 11 and 12 should be more than enough to get you to an elite offense 

3) Blue ideally is running outside zone types of plays (he's excellent there), but there's a chance he's still more than fine on IZ/Duo/Counter. He wasn't particularly good as an inside runner as a prospect, but watching the video posted earlier in this thread of his carries throughout the season, he got better at it as the season went on, especially as he got more reps with the first team. He's also a threat to hit a home run on an inside run if a LB misses his gap/gets blocked or bouncing it outside

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fud said:

1) If Blue struggles in pass pro, they could do the 2019 LSU thing and just send out five receiving targets on obvious passing downs (LSU would motion CEH out to the field next to the sideline and either a LB would follow him or a CB would be sacrificed on him). Quinn would need to be better managing pressure for this to work though 

2) Texas is so loaded at WR and probably TE that 11 and 12 should be more than enough to get you to an elite offense 

3) Blue ideally is running outside zone types of plays (he's excellent there), but there's a chance he's still more than fine on IZ/Duo/Counter. He wasn't particularly good as an inside runner as a prospect, but watching the video posted earlier in this thread of his carries throughout the season, he got better at it as the season went on, especially as he got more reps with the first team. He's also a threat to hit a home run on an inside run if a LB misses his gap/gets blocked or bouncing it outside

I think the overall point was Sark is just going to have to adjust his offense, unless one of the freshmen take to the Baxter role. He was actually a bit of anomaly. Most freshmen struggle to block (generally they are not asked to do it much in HS). Things like 2 RB set may not be as effective. You could split Blue out and hunt matchups knowing you have a good pass protector in Baxter. Might have to run more outside zone vs inside zone.  I dont think this is something to panic about, but an added risk. The one positive is this happened early in camp, so Sark has plenty of time to tweak things. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Fud said:

I'd think any of them can run inside zone, it's just how much volume can their frames hold up to it for. Both Blue and Wisner are good at making guys miss, but running inside zone, contact is going to increase with the number of snaps. Especially against SEC defenses. It will be interesting to see how Sark and Choice distribute snaps for sure. Let's hope the freshmen get up to speed quickly on pass pro and the playbook.

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I just got done rushing for 300 yards and 4td’s with Baxter and the other guys that got mop up duty weren’t as good. We’re fucked. Fucking ncaa25.

Same. Won the best rb award, since the Doak Walker isn't in the game. So I agree, we are doomed. 

Edit: I will say Blue isn't bad and he is fast. In the second year he became a star for me and had a huge jump.

Edited by PhillyHorn1

3 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Mostly the obvious. 

Here is a tip.....why don't we leave the game planning up to Sark. He might get confused by all the scientific Surly diagnosis.....

• Hook 'Em 1