2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

6 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

My DLine guy on the team likes the new DTs. Thinks there are going to help. A lot. Swears the DLine will be better this year as a whole this year. I want to believe him but sometimes players have blind spots. He also thinks Broughton is breaking out this year. 

The most interesting thing he has said is it’s some players that really want to start Barron and Williams at safety. That’s where my transfer questions start. Says those two with JG at nickel would be the best lineup but doesn’t think the coaches will do it. 

Thanks for the info

I'll post again that people shouldn't fret over the starters in the secondary since the 2nd string plays almost as much as the first, unless the defensive philosophy has changed with Nansen coming in 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Beer Drinker said:

Been wondering why Mukuba hasn’t had any run with 1st team.

Yeah Taaffe is a gamer and has done great things for Texas but he looked like ass in the spring game..

23 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Nobody seems to be concerned about it but Justin Wells did note that Wisner did have to go to the hospital for "precautionary dehydration issues".

With Baxter out, the staff is about to have the trainers forcefeeding that kid Gatorade

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

A couple of names Burton mentioned this morning as possibilities to cross-train at RB: TyAnthony Smith and Derion Gullette.

Gullette is about 6'3" 240 so that might be fun to watch.

this is horseshit, I love Bobby but they are way out in Mongolia speculating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

this is horseshit, I love Bobby but they are way out in Mongolia speculating.

You are that certain that neither of those dudes will even cross train at RB in the next few weeks? Did you just get off the phone with them or something?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

With Baxter out, the staff is about to have the trainers forcefeeding that kid Gatorade

I know it's a trivial matter, but I always feel like Gatorade needs an asterisk by its name. 

Sure, it was created on the UF campus, but Robert Cade is a Longhorn.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Gen Z Blake Gideon

lol god damn it I'm never not going refer to Taaffe as this now

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

A couple of names Burton mentioned this morning as possibilities to cross-train at RB: TyAnthony Smith and Derion Gullette.

Jaray Bledsoe played tailback in HS. If we're going to go all Ian Boyd let's at least have fun with it.

• Haha 1

I don't think they're moving anyone to TB. That considered, there isn't currently a shortage of backs. There might be, arguably, with other injuries, a need for someone to get involved with short yardage situations. How do midgets like Bolden or Niblett help there? Niblett solves nothing at TB. Good lord. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't think they're moving anyone to TB. That considered, there isn't currently a shortage of backs. There might be, arguably, with other injuries, a need for someone to get involved with short yardage situations. How do midgets like Bolden or Niblett help there? Niblett solves nothing at TB. Good lord. 

Hello Neto!

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Finally, it's Sydir Mitchell's time to shine!

• Haha 7

Niblett makes sense if there’s an injury cluster at the position and you need bodies because it’s week 10 and you’re down several running backs. He got plenty of carries in high school so he’d at the very least be comfortable taking handoffs, and he’s dangerous with the ball in his hands. He also probably doesn’t hurt the two-deep like moving someone else would 

If you just need short yardage because Blue goes down, then sure there are better candidates

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Niblett makes sense if there’s an injury cluster at the position and you need bodies because it’s week 10 and you’re down several running backs. He got plenty of carries in high school so he’d at the very least be comfortable taking handoffs, and he’s dangerous with the ball in his hands. He also probably doesn’t hurt the two-deep like moving someone else would 

If you just need short yardage because Blue goes down, then sure there are better candidates

He makes sense if you are taking bodies for the sake of taking bodies. He doesnt make sense based on the need in the room. Texas has 2 Rbs that are very comfortable in space (Wisner/Blue). There are questions about their ability to run inside and block. Maybe more importantly their ability to stay healthy, if continually tasked with those responsibilities. If they are going to bring someone into the room, you would expect a more physical/bigger athlete. Sark will run a lot of screens and some jet motion as the extension of the run game with the WRs, so I am not sure he needs to move a fast and small WR over.  Lets see how Clark and Gibson do over the next week or so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

He makes sense if you are taking bodies for the sake of taking bodies

Which was my point 

The room is fine as it stands. If more injuries occur, Niblett makes sense 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Finally, the loss of CJ Baxter was a buzzkill throughout the program. CJ is a popular young man in the locker room. But, there is a ton of confidence in the two freshmen running backs.

I don't like that people are apparently glossing over Blue.  Why would they not even mention him?  He should be starting.  Is it just assumed?

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

This is the moment Max Merril has been waiting for.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't like that people are apparently glossing over Blue.  Why would they not even mention him?  He should be starting.  Is it just assumed?

No one needs to mention Blue... that's not the point of that statement.  If there was little confidence in the two freshman backs being ready to get carries in a game, like at all, then losing CJ is a big big concern.  They're saying the RB room is still solid despite losing Baxter.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The staff/team has tons of confidence in Blue. The real question is, after Wisner, are the true Freshmen really ready? They will get plenty of touches vs CSU, but the implementation of Juan, as a H-Back, might surprise most people.

Hook’em!!!

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Strickly short yardage i wonder if malik agbo gets involved. Hasnt his name come up several times during camp?

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

I could've sworn I watched Burton himself, just yesterday, relay that Sark said they were not currently planning on moving anyone to RB.

Whatever gets clicks/views I guess.