2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

Get rid of the fucking plastic grass.  Non contact soft tissue injuries just shouldn't happen. I know this really isn't possible with the indoor facility, but it just drives me insane. Nflpa will have all plastic grass gone in the next collective bargaining agreement.  Top level college programs that can afford it should do the same. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Getting close to the point where our scholarship RBs need to be non-contact the rest of camp.

The solution after a non-contact injury is to make other RB’s non-contact?

If you try to tip toe around injury prevention it oftentimes just makes it worse. At that point just don’t even hand them the ball.

Edited by Hookem2147

3 minutes ago, pops said:

Get rid of the fucking plastic grass.  Non contact soft tissue injuries just shouldn't happen. I know this really isn't possible with the indoor facility, but it just drives me insane. Nflpa will have all plastic grass gone in the next collective bargaining agreement.  Top level college programs that can afford it should do the same. 

Did they say where the injury occurred? Denius Fields is grass. 

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Don't sleep on Colin.  I know it was AISD, but dude rushed for over 1,700 yards his senior season in HS.

1 hour ago, CashMcCoy said:

Time to turn the Page

IMG_1647.webp.b952d98d510b0bb7721cdfd43b03d1d8.webp

Senior year:

2,622 total offensive yards 
1,702 rushing yards  
920 receiving yards
28 touchdowns

He’s no slouch. That’s for sure. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11332743/6134dd71a022f80a6820129c

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

Bobby mentioned on a livestream they aren’t even running inside zone in practice to avoid injury. Can’t wait to see Kenneth grant put Hayden Conner on skates 

You sound like a real strong man

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Horn75 said:

Bobby mentioned on a livestream they aren’t even running inside zone in practice to avoid injury. Can’t wait to see Kenneth grant put Hayden Conner on skates 

If I heard Vogel right it sounds like the injury was when Clark was coming down jumping for a pass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Deandre Moore has the body type of a running back. I wonder if he gets a look. 

We've got Blue, Wisner, and Gibson, with Gullette practicing and Page to eat garbage time snaps. Feels like enough?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, texifornia said:

We've got Blue, Wisner, and Gibson, with Gullette practicing and Page to eat garbage time snaps. Feels like enough?

Not at this rate. And besides, if someone is going to be running as WR6, why not see if he can compete? I’m not saying Moore necessarily but anyone who has played RB or had the body type/mentality of a back and is back on the depth chart should be looked at. 

32 minutes ago, pops said:

Tell Jordan Shipley that 

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

If I heard Vogel right it sounds like the injury was when Clark was coming down jumping for a pass.

i thought he or Bobby said he was going for a pass and got pinned to the ground awkwardly.. thought it meant he was tackled ?

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

By ou we'll be pulling kids from the stands

I still have eligibility!! 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wait what?  Achilles tear?  Is this confirmed?

I haven’t heard anything officially released. Could be a bad ankle sprain for all we know,  but isn’t going to stop people 

51 minutes ago, pops said:

Do you know something the rest of us don’t? How do you know the turf has anything at all to do with the injury?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I haven’t heard anything officially released. Could be a bad ankle sprain for all we know,  but isn’t going to stop people 

It’s not. There is no silver lining here. And then, there were 3. Two of them on the light side. Colin Page might well get some carries this year. 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Not relevant or accurate 

I'd heard it from a decent source recently, but it's admittedly secondhand information. 

Relevant in the sense that it wouldn't have been within the scope of the drill, contact or not.

So our remaining scholarship RBs for this season are Blue (JR), Wisner (SO), and Gibson (FR). We have 3 walk-on options in Page (practice squad RB), Watkins (PWO), and Sanders (Catcher on coach Schloss’ baseball team)

Needless to say, over the course of the first 2 weeks of summer camp, RB went from our deepest position to a dangerously thin position. 

Edited by perfectchaos007