2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

If we just need some bodies we could technically sign a grad transfer RB that’s still left in the portal. Wouldn’t expect much from them if they are still in there but you could find a practice body. 

I still think we should see how Juan Davis does. He has great hands and I believe he played everywhere in HS as an ATH. 

Yes - Juan at H-Back. Blocks, Carries, and receives, and blocks downfield. The staff knows that, so I digress.

Hook’em!!! I said “and” too many times, but Juan is the “switchblade” on the roster.

Hook’em!!!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Deandre Moore has the body type of a running back. I wonder if he gets a look. 

He’s got over a year of the learning the concepts at his position? Why would you pick him to move? Especially if he’s been doing well since the spring. 

26 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

https://247sports.com/player/craig-williams-53431/

Squirl Williams, former Baylor RB is looking for a spot. One year left

170-pound scatback who hasn't played football in 2 years and had to transfer from Baylor to Louisiana Tech is just what the doctor ordered.

Nobody worth a damn without serious baggage is going to be available to add to this roster 18 days before the season. If they were, they would already have a home and not still be in the portal.

Edited by Hookem2147

57 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

He’s got over a year of the learning the concepts at his position? Why would you pick him to move? Especially if he’s been doing well since the spring. 

Everyone that is mentioned is going to be moved out of their current position. Hence the emergency switching of positions being discussed. Moore is doing well but he’s at best the 5th or 6th receiver right now. Anyone being discussed is going to give up their development curve at another position temporarily. There are no good options right now. We are one injury away from a walk on in the depth chart. 

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Everyone that is mentioned is going to be moved out of their current position. Hence the emergency switching of positions being discussed. Moore is doing well but he’s at best the 5th or 6th receiver right now. Anyone being discussed is going to give up their development curve at another position temporarily. There are no good options right now. We are one injury away from a walk on in the depth chart. 

He’s only ever played wr and safety. There are probably 15 other people on this team that played running back at some point. 

I don't have any info. I don't know where the injury happened. I'm not saying non contact soft injury can't happen on grass, but it happens at at 50% higher clip on plastic 

I'm biased. Turf is my business. I have two P4 clients. One is all grass. One is grass practice field and plastic stadium. To a man they say they would rather play on grass. The plastic is too sticky. It grabs too well with no give. No high end college team should be using plastic. It just isn't worth it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, pops said:

Get rid of the fucking plastic grass.  Non contact soft tissue injuries just shouldn't happen. I know this really isn't possible with the indoor facility, but it just drives me insane. Nflpa will have all plastic grass gone in the next collective bargaining agreement.  Top level college programs that can afford it should do the same. 

goddamn fucking this

fuck

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I haven’t heard anything officially released. Could be a bad ankle sprain for all we know,  but isn’t going to stop people 

I read on a pretty highly-trafficked longhorn fan site that his achilles is fucked.  

• immamac changed the title to 2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB