2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I was talking about Quinn needing to step up in 1st halves of games. 

You wrote "starts", not "first half". You followed that up with babble about second half and Q4, overall. Note that I didn't disagree with "starts" at all, nor did I disagree with "overall", I simply pointed out that the very last game did not see an excellent second half nor Q4.

The "overall" argument is meaningless - we could see an excellent overall year and go 8-4 without invalidating "overall"... and still be less than ecstatic about it.

28 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I have zero feel for what this team will do. They lost of a ton of nfl talent, but they still have strong talent in key spots, with a QB who’s much more experienced. They have a new defensive coach who might help the defense overall.  But the schedule is tough. I could see anywhere from 8-4 to 11-1.  Will be an interesting year. 

For some reason I am more optimistic on the defense after hearing camp reports. I think Nansen is going to add a bunch. It’s going to be interesting to see if the WR corp is a collection of solid to good players or if there is a high round pick in that group (I think Wingo is that guy, but we may not see that until next year). 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

... I think Nansen is going to add a bunch. ...

Absolutely. I think it's telling that he's a LB guy, as is PK. One of my hopes for the season ahead is that we show really, really well on D... and PK gets a HC job.

And he takes Joseph and Gideon with him.

Edited by Tex Long
  • Hook 'Em 1

For some reason I am more optimistic on the defense after hearing camp reports. I think Nansen is going to add a bunch. It’s going to be interesting to see if the WR corp is a collection of solid to good players or if there is a high round pick in that group (I think Wingo is that guy, but we may not see that until next year). 

The defense will be the best we’ve seen since FUPM’s best era. We have so many “edge” players that they can’t all play at the same time.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Because they couldn't spell "Duke" and neither could he?

In his original burnt ends interview he said "idk maybe it's cuz I came out the color of dookie" I fucking lost it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Absolutely. I think it's telling that he's a LB guy, as is PK. One of my hopes for the season ahead is that we show really, really well on D... and PK gets a HC job.

And he takes Joseph and Gideon with him.

Everything I heard when we hired him was that he didn't want to be a HC. 

I do think Gideon ans Joseph will be eencouraged to make some moves this year as the performance and recruiting in their units just isn't cutting it 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Everything I heard when we hired him was that he didn't want to be a HC. 

I do think Gideon ans Joseph will be eencouraged to make some moves this year as the performance and recruiting in their units just isn't cutting it 

The have both landed multiple 5 stars at their position groups over the last 2 cycles. What are you blathering on about?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Juan "The Predator" Davis has a nice ring to it. 

Haha his nickname growing up was dook, dunno why and neither did he.

Wasn’t Malik Jefferson Predator? No copycat nicknames allowed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Practice Notes and Comments through first 8:40. Recruiting talk for the remainder.

Comment made about Nance's influence on DL causing some issues for OL. Hopefully, that helps the OL improve. Handling stunts and shifts has proven problematic for them in the past.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Codaxx said:

For some reason I am more optimistic on the defense after hearing camp reports.

Probably because the kool aid always flows this time of year?

I think they should be pretty good but it really comes down to the secondary. Between the roster turnover, historically being the weak link on the coaching staff, and the turnover at WR/TE it's hard to know what to make of that unit in camp. Just going to have to see what they look like in live fire.

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I have zero feel for what this team will do. They lost of a ton of nfl talent, but they still have strong talent in key spots, with a QB who’s much more experienced. They have a new defensive coach who might help the defense overall.  But the schedule is tough. I could see anywhere from 8-4 to 11-1.  Will be an interesting year. 

If this team goes 8-4, we had a FUCK TON go wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

I think they should be pretty good but it really comes down to the secondary. Between the roster turnover, historically being the weak link on the coaching staff, and the turnover at WR/TE it's hard to know what to make of that unit in camp. Just going to have to see what they look like in live fire.

we've sucked at defense for a long time.  i'm with codaxx on this one, and am not normally a koolaid partaker.  i feel good about this.  yes, there was turnover in the secondary, and front line, but the guys we got i feel good about.  the secondary i have no clue if they can cover but i know they can hit.  that will be an improvement.  we wont be as stout and plug holes on the line like last year, but we will be better off the edge.  

I can see this team losing 2 and a bye first round if only two losses and SEC champ.  I think 3 losses including SEC champ game is also possible. I think 2 losses in conference but beat Michigan and no bye is possible too. 

3 reg season losses is a total miss imo.  4 is a total wtf.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, troph said:

I can see this team losing 2 and a bye first round if only two losses and SEC champ.  I think 3 losses including SEC champ game is also possible. I think 2 losses in conference but beat Michigan and no bye is possible too. 

3 reg season losses is a total miss imo.  4 is a total wtf.

Just going by betting odds, Texas is -3.5 vs Michigan and OU, +1.5 against Georgia. More or less three tossups. Favored against A&M but the nature of that game is such that a loss can't really surprise you.

Three losses would be a little disappointing but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Also, 9-3 gets you an outside shot at the SEC title game assuming one of the three is Michigan. 

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You're a brave man. I don't know if I would feel comfortable spending 3 years in Colombia. Where did you stay if you don't mind me asking? I've always wanted to visit. 

what’s wrong with colombia?