2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

12 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Just going by betting odds, Texas is -3.5 vs Michigan and OU, +1.5 against Georgia. More or less three tossups. Favored against A&M but the nature of that game is such that a loss can't really surprise you.

Three losses would be a little disappointing but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Also, 9-3 gets you an outside shot at the SEC title game assuming one of the three is Michigan. 

I’m not sure, based on your post, that you really understand “the nature of that game” if you think upsets in it happen at all regularly. 

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’ve really enjoyed the Run of skill guy combos the last few years. 

a pair of Robinsons. 
a red and a blue 

now a bolden and golden. 

it’s glorious 

Would you say you're looking forward to the _olden days?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, troph said:

I can see this team losing 2 and a bye first round if only two losses and SEC champ.  I think 3 losses including SEC champ game is also possible. I think 2 losses in conference but beat Michigan and no bye is possible too. 

3 reg season losses is a total miss imo.  4 is a total wtf.

I think we beat Michigan and lose one of OU/UGA/aggy. Maybe pick a 2nd loss up somewhere. 

Need to quit losing skill position players to season ending injuries, however. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think we beat Michigan and lose one of OU/UGA/aggy. Maybe pick a 2nd loss up somewhere. 

Need to quit losing skill position players to season ending injuries, however. 

It would be kind of risky for Sarkisian to rest the starters going into the SEC championship, but maybe that will be the way to go with a playoff bye on the line. 

• Drool 1

20 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It would be kind of risky for Sarkisian to rest the starters going into the SEC championship, but maybe that will be the way to go with a playoff bye on the line. 

I hear you (sorta) but fuck me if we are in the SEC champ game, we gotta play to win, those mfers will lose their shit if we take it our very first season. SEC ready my ass, y'all arrogant bitches texas ready? ha. didn't think so.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, troph said:

I hear you (sorta) but fuck me if we are in the SEC champ game, we gotta play to win, those mfers will lose their shit if we take it our very first season. SEC ready my ass, y'all arrogant bitches texas ready? ha. didn't think so.

I meant Texas loses to those maroon clowns if Sarkisian treats it as a scrimmage and is focused on the championship game because a loss makes no difference. 

Think an NFL team with playoff seeding determined going into the last week of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I meant Texas loses to those maroon clowns if Sarkisian treats it as a scrimmage and is focused on the championship game because a loss makes no difference. 

Think an NFL team with playoff seeding determined going into the last week of the season. 

We can hope that being free of worries about wife and kiddies gives Sark more time for contemplating the idea that EVERY game counts and must be approached with the mindset that nothing less than 10/10 will do. Put the wheels on the ground immediately, not halfway down the runway.

Just now, Tex Long said:

We can hope that being free of worries about wife and kiddies gives Sark more time for contemplating the idea that EVERY game counts and must be approached with the mindset that nothing less than 10/10 will do. Put the wheels on the ground immediately, not halfway down the runway.

Woooooosh.

1 minute ago, Tex Long said:

No woooooosh. Agreeing. Just adding reason for assuming/hoping more attention to be paid by HC who has misunderestimated 0U and Arkysaw already.

He may have done that with Arkansas, but that Texas team just wasn’t any good and wasn’t going to win, anyway.  

As for OU, execute the plays that are there and Texas wins. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka

8 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

As for OU, execute the plays that are there and Texas wins. 

Yes, and if you have more points on the scoreboard at the  end, you win. 

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

evil

boo

Where would you rather they pee?