2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

Just now, Tex Long said:

Yes, and if you have more points on the scoreboard at the  end, you win. 

Sarkisian wasn’t the one who failed to execute. Therefore, his misunderestimating them wasn’t the problem. Failure to execute was the problem. 

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

Sarkisian wasn’t the one who failed to execute. Therefore, his misunderestimating them wasn’t the problem. Failure to execute was the problem. 

Sarkisian failed to prepare his players to execute, or perhaps he just failed to notice his players weren't executing the plays in practice. Maybe he was too busy to notice his DC wasn't getting his players ready to stop a passing attack for 60 seconds. 

Saint Darrell understood scoreboard control.

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Sarkisian failed to prepare his players to execute, or perhaps he just failed to notice his players weren't executing the plays in practice. Maybe he was too busy to notice his DC wasn't getting his players ready to stop a passing attack for 60 seconds. 

Saint Darrell understood scoreboard control.

Or, perhaps, the simplistic backwards looking take of “it didn’t work, therefore it was a bad call/lack of preparation/whatever” is just lazy. 

DKR fucked away plenty of leads, lost games due to repeated fumbles, and won a game with repeated fumbles because a wishbone QB bailed him out with a 40 yard pass into double coverage. 

As for not getting his defense ready, a shit pass by Montgomery kept Arkansas from having a shot to win 17-15 in 1969. Good thing DKR practiced having the other QB fuck up.

Revisionist, your history is. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

I’ve really enjoyed the Run of skill guy combos the last few years. 

a pair of Robinsons. 
a red and a blue 
now a bolden and golden. 

it’s glorious 

Kind of like Ham, Lam, and Jam during the ‘70s to early ‘80s.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, futureman said:

sounds simple enough. 

Simple, but not always easy. 

It’s just more of the “Sarkisian should call more touchdown plays and stop calling the fumble plays” that I thought last season might eliminate, but there are always stragglers. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m not sure, based on your post, that you really understand “the nature of that game” if you think upsets in it happen at all regularly. 

Well since that isn't what I said I don't know why you would take that understanding from my post, so that's good I guess.

On 8/18/2024 at 6:42 PM, gmr548 said:

Just going by betting odds, Texas is -3.5 vs Michigan and OU, +1.5 against Georgia. More or less three tossups. Favored against A&M but the nature of that game is such that a loss can't really surprise you.

Three losses would be a little disappointing but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Also, 9-3 gets you an outside shot at the SEC title game assuming one of the three is Michigan. 

26 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Well since that isn't what I said I don't know why you would take that understanding from my post, so that's good I guess.

If You Say So Yes GIF by CBeebies HQ

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We aren't losing to OU or aggy. Their teams are monkey shit. They're horribad. We also beat UGA at home on our way to beating them again in the SEC championship and a bye in the playoffs. 

I don’t know why “monkey shit” is making me laugh so much but it is. Damn my 12yr old humor 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, BERT said:

I don’t know why “monkey shit” is making me laugh so much but it is. Damn my 12yr old humor 

I was called a fat crustacean by an Algerian woman recently. It honestly fucking killed me. Super funny insult that only a non native English speaker can come up with.

Edited by HellesBier
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

We aren't losing to OU or aggy. Their teams are monkey shit. They're horribad. We also beat UGA at home on our way to beating them again in the SEC championship and a bye in the playoffs. 

Looks like I’m getting that new hoodie to replace the 2005 rose bowl version

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m not sure, based on your post, that you really understand “the nature of that game” if you think upsets in it happen at all regularly. 

if you think beating the aggies this fall is just a gimme I’m not sure you have the slightest idea what football is all about. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

if you think beating the aggies this fall is just a gimme I’m not sure you have the slightest idea what football is all about. 

Beating the other team? 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If You Say So Yes GIF by CBeebies HQ

I don't know why you are so fixated on this, but since you are, read the post a third time. Go as slow as you need to.

Saying something wouldn't be an enormous surprise is not saying it's likely to happen.

12 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

pom will not be happy with chi-o horning in on their turf

back in the 80s it was chi-o, chi-o, it's off to bed we go.....

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

My wife was chi-o (not from Texas) and I can vouch for this. 

9 hours ago, Grimas said:

Me too...

That video was AXO which stood for almost chi o I was told

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Blotto said:

This  was on the homepage of secrant for some reason. yay football

In the SEC sorority rush dance videos are a huge thing, see all the Bama rush stuff. That is why it was on SECrant. This year they seem to be adding fit checks to the rotation.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

13 hours ago, HellesBier said:

I was called a fat crustacean by an Algerian woman recently. It honestly fucking killed me. Super funny insult that only a non native English speaker can come up with.

In college, I had a girl tell me I was was 3 weeks out of the tree, evolutionary wise. I still think it's hilarious. She ended up being a crack whore. A real life, turning tricks for crack, whore.

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

In college, I had a girl tell me I was was 3 weeks out of the tree, evolutionary wise. I still think it's hilarious. She ended up being a crack whore. A real life, turning tricks for crack, whore.

Water seeks its level.

20 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Or, perhaps, the simplistic backwards looking take of “it didn’t work, therefore it was a bad call/lack of preparation/whatever” is just lazy. 

DKR fucked away plenty of leads, lost games due to repeated fumbles, and won a game with repeated fumbles because a wishbone QB bailed him out with a 40 yard pass into double coverage. 

As for not getting his defense ready, a shit pass by Montgomery kept Arkansas from having a shot to win 17-15 in 1969. Good thing DKR practiced having the other QB fuck up.

Revisionist, your history is. 

"It's the coaches fault and therefore we must fire the coaches"  is such a lazy meme.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/18/2024 at 5:07 PM, gmr548 said:

Probably because the kool aid always flows this time of year?

I think they should be pretty good but it really comes down to the secondary. Between the roster turnover, historically being the weak link on the coaching staff, and the turnover at WR/TE it's hard to know what to make of that unit in camp. Just going to have to see what they look like in live fire.

I think it is more Nansen. Just my suspicion, but if PK has a hole in his coaching it is in the secondary. In his prior stops he has had very strong secondary coaches (Marcel Yates and Jimmy Lake). I think that allowed him to focus on the front. I dont think he has that luxury at Texas. I think Nansen may help bring the back end and the front together. I heard reports that he is very vocal in practice and interacts with all 3 levels of the defense. That has given me some confidence for this season. Might prove to be false confidence, we shall see

• Hook 'Em 4