2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

7 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Yeah! Around these parts, we compare all of our RBs to Jamaal Charles.

Scouting report on Gibson is he has the straight line speed of JC and the vision and balance of Bijan. 

• Haha 5

baxter may not have been benson, maybe.  but I think saban said baxter was the best back he faced last year.  baxter is a good player and was going to be better this season.  getting to benson-level wasn't an outrageous possibility.

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Messed up life... convicted multiple times.  Hope Erxleben is out of jail now.

1998...  His company got shut down in September 1998, as the feds found that it was lying about its profits. Even worse, it was covering its losses with a Ponzi scheme, a setup where investors in a firm receive funds from the investments that new investors make instead of getting returns from the existing equity.

Erxleben pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit securities fraud, mail fraud and money laundering and another count of securities fraud related to misleading statements about the company’s revenue. He was sentenced to 84 months in federal prison, as well as a $28 million bill for restitution and a $1 million fine.

He and his colleagues would lose even more millions of dollars in subsequent lawsuits that were filed against them.

Erxleben served nearly five years of the sentence, and in June 2005, he walked out of the federal prison in Beaumont, Texas where he had served his time. He was now a free man.

Surely, he thought that chapter of his life was firmly behind him.

NOPE...

Screenshot_20240816-135111_kindlephoto-24309130.png.24803a175146e4e13cbedd6eeafdd024.png

5 years in Beaumont? He’s paid his debt.

Edited by lilMAC25

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

I didn’t have an injured baxter being compared to Cedric benson, who (checks notes) played in 49 games and toted the rock 1,112 times on my offseason of fuckery bingo card. 

Did you have "Starter and freshman RB out for season by mid-August"?

Mea culpa. I was going for brevity, but that was definitely an inexcusable omission. You'll also be interested to know that 'troglodyte' has blown up in the last 25 years. Coincidence? I think not.
Imbecilic troglodyte has a nice ring to it, think I'll try to work it into my everyday convos.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Did you have "Starter and freshman RB out for season by mid-August"?

You'd have to be a fucking moron to not have that. This is Texas.

I'm surprised Quinn hasn't gotten monkeypox yet. 

Edited by ztejas

11 hours ago, futureman said:

baxter may not have been benson, maybe.  but I think saban said baxter was the best back he faced last year.  baxter is a good player and was going to be better this season.  getting to benson-level wasn't an outrageous possibility.

Def said that. The thing that's I can't quite square with that comment is that CJ wasn't even the best back Saban went against that night

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

We need a third, inexperienced RB vs Michigan? Swell

Yes. If you don’t think Texas will need 3 RBs vs Michigan and one suited to run between the tackles, I am not sure what to tell you

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Yes. If you don’t think Texas will need 3 RBs vs Michigan and one suited to run between the tackles, I am not sure what to tell you

when we're up by 6 touchdowns at halftime, of course well need rbs to finish game while our top 3 rest 

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I can’t be the only person who hopes our punter isn’t super productive.

That would depend on your definition of "productive". 

If you mean "many punts", then, yeah, errbody hopes not. If you mean "regularly punt the ball dead inside the opponents' 10-yard lines", then errbody hopes so.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, Voluminous Banality said:
Mea culpa. I was going for brevity, but that was definitely an inexcusable omission. You'll also be interested to know that 'troglodyte' has blown up in the last 25 years. Coincidence? I think not.

Imbecilic troglodyte has a nice ring to it, think I'll try to work it into my everyday convos.

Damn, got some decent candidates for band names, mottoes, and I don't know whatall. Plenty esotercism, but too many syllables for those. By all means, work them into everyday life, particularly if the can be referenced to wives, girlfriends, children, relatives, neighbors, opposing institutions, and - most of all - aggy that you encounter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

when we're up by 6 touchdowns at halftime, of course well need rbs to finish game while our top 3 rest 

I hope that is true. If Texas puts up 6 TDs vs Michigan, it’s going to be an amazing year 

Scrimmage preview from Burton

Spoiler

The second and final scrimmage of fall camp starts today around 9:45am.

Some things to keep an ear out for:

- Receiver performance and rotation. Has Silas Bolden officially moved into first team reps and, if so, replacing whom.

- We want Matthew Golden to bounce back this week and see who else steps up at receiver.

- Last weekend, Jerrick Gibson shared some of the inside run load with Christian Clark and Derion Gullette. That won’t be the case today.

- We’ve talked about the defensive tackle spot utilizing a rotation. But who is going to be left out of that rotation? What is Jermayne Lole’s true availability?

- With a strong scrimmage, Gavin Holmes could wrap up the second corner position. Or will we finally hear more from Jay’Vion Cole?

- Waiting to hear if we see continued rotation along the OL and whether or not Texas sees success in the red zone. Red zone work has been encouraging so far in fall camp, I am told.

• Hook 'Em 5

Am I the only one on here that took the GRE? None of these words are that crazy and all should be well within the vocabulary of anyone who took some liberal arts classes at UT. If I start seeing words like prolix or minatory on here, my asperity will diminish.

11 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Am I the only one on here that took the GRE? None of these words are that crazy and all should be well within the vocabulary of anyone who took some liberal arts classes at UT. If I start seeing words like prolix or minatory on here, my asperity will diminish.

Dude. We brag about going to the good school that isn't stupid old A&M or other SEC, but we read and write in middle-school-level kyriolexy. Figure it out.

10 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

“Wintergreen determined the outcome by throwing all communications from General Peckem into the wastebasket. He found them too prolix.”

Just another reason why Catch-22 is the greatest novel of all time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

“Wintergreen determined the outcome by throwing all communications from General Peckem into the wastebasket. He found them too prolix.”

Just another reason why Catch-22 is the greatest novel of all time. 

You're giving me a liver pain.

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Friend of a friend got to watch today:

“Defense definitely won the day. Offense was pretty inconsistent throughout.”

We will see if the 9.95ers agree.

This is good news in my opinion. I can’t imagine our offense not being at least really good. Defense had more high level question marks in my opinion headed into camp. 

• Hook 'Em 2

CJ:

Matthew Golden had himself a very solid scrimmage. Sounds like he found the end zone on a jump ball situation, but was also someone Sarkisian tried to get involved early and often throughout the live period. After a quiet first scrimmage, he was a standout today.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Scipio Tex looks like he is being held hostage on current "Inside Texas" livestream... 😋

Early scrimmage news is offense played pretty well and looks like no injuries today 🙏🙏🙏

Jelani McDonald had a good practice.  SARK gave more reps today to depth players -- likely trying to keep starters healthy. 

Cole Hudson is probably 1st backup for both guard spots and possibly even center.  

Lots of situational reps today, including running FG team on with clock moving and only secs left...  

Scipio Tex made fun of poor QB that would have to deal with Jimbo Fisher using helmet radio communication 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

ultimo, instant and proximo all embiggen cromulence

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, futureman said:

Nick Saban played Jonathan Brooks, Blake Corum, Donavan Edwards, and Quinshon Judkins off the top of my head. If he said that then I can definitely see why he retired.

• Haha 5

47 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Not SEC refs in that game chief 

Scott Campbell (1).jpg

i was asked by an english coworker why we do VAR like imbeciles

"sell commercials while the result is fixed"

his response was "of course"

btw I hate that fucker

we need a Mount Rushmore of rig12 and sWc refs and officials - should be it's own page - and not limited to just 4:

in alpha order w/o regard to enshittenbitchassedness:

campbell

deterding

eck

mar

yormark

we should never forget kstate last year:

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2023/11/6/23949303/steve-sarkisian-officiating-holding-calls-kevin-mar-texas-longhorns

arguably worse that tceh 08 and oSu 15

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Def said that. The thing that's I can't quite square with that comment is that CJ wasn't even the best back Saban went against that night

I thought Saban said that after attending several spring games, the best back he saw was Baxter.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is good news in my opinion. I can’t imagine our offense not being at least really good. Defense had more high level question marks in my opinion headed into camp. 

Reasons why we could underwhelm:

-Ewers is inconsistent between and sometimes within games

-The team/Sark play down to opponents
-The WRs are totally unproven

5 minutes ago, Sal said:

Reasons why we could underwhelm:

-Ewers is inconsistent between and sometimes within games

-The team/Sark play down to opponents
-The WRs are totally unproven

Golden and bolden and bond aren’t unproven. They’ve done it successfully other places with much shittier QB’s. 
Ewers is going into year 3. He’s gotten better every year. Reports are that he’s better again this year. He’s going to be a first round pick. 
Sark is at worst the 3rd or 5th offensive mind in college football. He’s never had anything other than a very good offense at worst when he hasn’t had dogshit at QB1. 
maybe we underwhelm and have like the 12th best offense in college football. I think that’s unlikely and we are a top 3 offense, but under no circumstances will we be worse than above average. If our defense is taking it to our offense that’s good news. 

• Hook 'Em 7

A few notes from Justin Wells

The secondary had one of its best days.

A lot of starters were held to minimal snaps.

TyAnthony Smith ran some with the second team today with Mo Blackwell still out. Smith continues to turn heads.

Hearing everyone who practiced was healthy, which might be the best news.

• Hook 'Em 6