2024 Fall Camp Thread - Bubble Wrap ALL THE RB

texifornia

14 hours ago, Machinator said:

The rare Covid Super Senior that gets play for Texas, more rare that a Cinco Ranch kid made it to Austin. 

Here's to one more good year in the sun.

image.thumb.png.acdcdb7a1d8a30b33f6bf62ab36894c1.png

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

I don’t post at OTF, Gerry made a joke referencing the “cemetery at Hooks,” as he posted a photo of CDC showing Trev something on his phone. I am completely clueless, can anyone fill me in? (Yeah, you filled in my mom last night.)

That's where CDC met Schloss in the hiring process

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Codaxx said:

The 1st 2 games are going to be a great barometer of who Texas is this season. 

Game 1: CSU will be pass happy, so we will get a decent look at the secondary development

Game 2: We will get to see how the front 7 will look vs a power team. I know Michigan replaces a ton of OL, but pretty confident they will put out a legit OL. The right side of the Texas OL is going to tested. This maybe the best defense Texas plays all year. 

The CSU game will be about whether can we get to the QB consistently. If we are finally getting consistent pressure off the edge, then everything will fall into place. If CSU isn't forced to get the ball out fast, even if they get blown out, then I will have serious concerns this year.  My view on the Michigan game will be tied to the CSU game and getting pressure. If we can apply pressure with our front 4, then I am much less worried about Michigan, even if it becomes a slog low-scoring ordeal because they have a legit D. If we have to blitz to apply pressure, that makes it more likely that Michigan can grind out drives. We need the sacks to kill drives and give us as many chances to score as we can. Eventually, we wear down the Michigan D if they cant get off the field.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

The CSU game will be about whether can we get to the QB consistently. If we are finally getting consistent pressure off the edge, then everything will fall into place. If CSU isn't forced to get the ball out fast, even if they get blown out, then I will have serious concerns this year.  My view on the Michigan game will be tied to the CSU game and getting pressure. If we can apply pressure with our front 4, then I am much less worried about Michigan, even if it becomes a slog low-scoring ordeal because they have a legit D. If we have to blitz to apply pressure, that makes it more likely that Michigan can grind out drives. We need the sacks to kill drives and give us as many chances to score as we can. Eventually, we wear down the Michigan D if they cant get off the field.

CSU allowed 13 sacks all season last year on 501 pass attempts. That offense is built to get the ball out quickly and to a spot, regardless of the pass rush. Norvell ain't going to let his QB sit back there and try to go through progressions. I'm sure the DL will flash some but the ball is going to be coming out fast.

I'll be paying way more attention to the secondary than the pass rush in that first game. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

So textiles now advertise college football games?

The 2025 Lone Star Showdown, presented by white rice. 

"Cotton" is the name of the sponsoring company. Their actual business is in building renovation and roofing and shit. 

• Like 1

TAMU is getting the home game first in all 3 announced HTH matchups.  Football, VB and MBB.   Wonder if we may can get baseball at home.  Of course MBB in January is aok with me as the students will not be on campus, but i know it will still be packed.

3 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

TAMU is getting the home game first in all 3 announced HTH matchups.  Football, VB and MBB.   Wonder if we may can get baseball at home.  Of course MBB in January is aok with me as the students will not be on campus, but i know it will still be packed.

According to Schloss back on 7/1, the baseball series IS at The Disch this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I opened your mom's hot box to some air flow last night 

Must not have been a very tight fit.

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

This feels like I'm being forced to remarry my ex-wife I divorced in 2011. 

I don’t think the fucking of your ex would be as much fun as this could be. 

14 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

WBB too

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There's a pretty dramatic shift in the weather for most of Texas happening today/tomorrow, bringing in cooler temps and much high ongoing likelihood of rain. I wouldn't bet the farm on an 85 degree kickoff, but low 90's is expected to be about as bad as it gets around then. 

Fuggin Phil Connors over here

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

image.gif.0648a7df9d6a4f1089d3cf5098a655f4.gif

We really did a number on him. Klatt pumps us up every year, mainly because I think he’s scared to ever be on our bad side again. 

I had a great view of that hit and you could actually hear Kelson’s helmet spear Klatt in the head. It was glorious and wildly illegal by today’s standards. 

• Hook 'Em 6