Sonic has fucking smashburgers now?

56 minutes ago, immamac said:

Holy shit, I had one today as I dropped in for half price burger night and was surprised to see it on the menu. 

It was a banger, best fast food burger I've possibly ever had. You should go try it.

Sonic Releases an All-New Two-Patty Smash Burger: the Sonic Smasher (foodandwine.com)

info about it in food and wine.

image.png

Article says it starts at $6.49. Is that how much you paid? 

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Jitb has one as well

This one is significantly better. That one was damn good too. 

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Article says it starts at $6.49. Is that how much you paid? 

Yeah, it's a big burger. 

Posted (edited)

Sonics in Oklahoma used to be Iike Whataburgers in Texas, the best of fast food. Now both are just terrible. Sonic in particular has lost its edge in speed and service, it takes 20 minutes, almost as long as Whataburger. The one by me closes randomly for a day or two because they aren’t staffed. I think Braums is probably the best of Oklahoma fast food chains these days. Some local joints have drive thrus now too that are far superior in quality.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

I swore off Sonic long ago. I assume a lot of others did too because they closed a bunch of stores and kinda re branded with different colors and shit. I am wary to give it another try, it was pure trash the last time I ate there.

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Sonics in Oklahoma used to be Ike Whataburgers in Texas, the best of fast food. Now both are just terrible. Sonic in particular has lost its edge in speed and service, it takes 20 minutes, almost as long as Whataburger. The one by me closes randomly for a day or two because they aren’t staffed. I think Braums is probably the best of Oklahoma fast food chains these days. Some local joints have drive thrus now too that are far superior in quality.

Hits close to home. Worked at Braums when I was 15 y/o. Made burgers in fact as well as an in demand malt.

*resume attached *

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Hits close to home. Worked at Braums when I was 15 y/o. Made burgers in fact as well as an in demand malt.

*resume attached *

They still run these old commercials locally, lol.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I swore off Sonic long ago. I assume a lot of others did too because they closed a bunch of stores and kinda re branded with different colors and shit. I am wary to give it another try, it was pure trash the last time I ate there.

I tapped out when they ditched the skates.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Sonic’s going through a renaissance of sorts. I went there last week for the first time in years and I was pleasantly surprised. Part of me does wonder, though, if my expectations were just that low or if the food was actually better. 

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I tapped out when they ditched the skates.

I had a girl on skates once eat shit right into the side of my car in highschool. Like face first into my driver side door. All my shit spilled onto the car, too. Never minded that they ditched skates after that.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Heather Graham had some nice tits though 

Had?!?!? From her IG earlier this month. Sure it's been sharpened a tad, but let me be clear, I'd stab you in the leg with a fork for about 3-4 minutes with her. Which happens to be about how long it takes to get this new Sonic burger. (To keep on thread)Screenshot_20240731_100648_Instagram.thumb.jpg.b5d297134bf9ebc9c7b882ca0f9dee92.jpg

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

24 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I had a girl on skates once eat shit right into the side of my car in highschool. Like face first into my driver side door. All my shit spilled onto the car, too. Never minded that they ditched skates after that.

image.gif.9d43b50843510e0a91d8140fbf78d510.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Had?!?!? From her IG earlier this month. Sure it's been sharpened a tad, but let me be clear, I'd stab you in the leg with a fork for about 3-4 minutes with her. Which happens to be about how long it takes to get this new Sonic burger. (To keep on thread)Screenshot_20240731_100648_Instagram.thumb.jpg.b5d297134bf9ebc9c7b882ca0f9dee92.jpg

TIL Heather Graham looks like Sweet Dee with a boob job now

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Dude like 98% of Sonics are garbage.

When I drove to Denver in 2019 and back in 2021, I found small town Sonic’s to be quite good stops. Suburban Houston ones too

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

*resume attached *

Hell yea first high school job was Braums in Denton. Had some fun in that place

Sonics in Oklahoma used to be Iike Whataburgers in Texas, the best of fast food. Now both are just terrible. Sonic in particular has lost its edge in speed and service, it takes 20 minutes, almost as long as Whataburger. The one by me closes randomly for a day or two because they aren’t staffed. I think Braums is probably the best of Oklahoma fast food chains these days. Some local joints have drive thrus now too that are far superior in quality.

Del Rancho is my go to in the OKC area. That huge CFS sandwich is great and the burger is fine.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Moved to Cali last year after 30+ years of a Sonic being either the closest option to my house, workplace, or both. I actually miss it more than whataburger. They have them in OC but Im not driving 2 hours for Sonic

Shake Shack is about the best out here, unless you prefer cold buns and a burger covered in a gross, allegedly chili

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

Moved to Cali last year after 30+ years of a Sonic being either the closest option to my house, workplace, or both. I actually miss it more than whataburger. They have them in OC but Im not driving 2 hours for Sonic

Shake Shack is about the best out here, unless you prefer cold buns and a burger covered in a gross, allegedly chili

Shit I like in n out better than shake Shack.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

But their fries are underrated as packing peanuts.

Yeah I've never liked their fries. I shouldn't need to make multiple modifications to make one of your staple items edible.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Just had one. Good hangover meal for sure. Get japs on it.

Still think the chicken slammer at short stop is much better.

Hungover at 1p on a Wednesday afternoon? Impressive. What happened on Tuesday night?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

But their fries are underrated as packing peanuts.

I thought their fries were packing peanuts.  Actually, packing peanuts would be an upgrade on In-n-Out fries.

4 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

During the last school year, my daughter got a coupon for a free Braums combo meal from her teacher that we finally got around to cashing in the other day. Ordered their bacon cheeseburger combo and was blown away by how good it was.  Crisp lettuce and tomato, bacon with a crunch, hot and juicy burger cooked perfectly, cheese that didn't need 10 seconds in the microwave to get melty (cough cough whataburger cough). The crinkle-cut fries were burn your fingers hot and perfectly salted.  All the staff were very friendly and competent.  Oh, and I could walk over and get a double-dip mint chocolate chip in a waffle cone for dessert.  We all left very impressed. A++ all around, Braums.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 2