Sonic has fucking smashburgers now?

Just got a smashburgef at sonic. Looked nothing like the pic but no surprise. For $6.49 and the pic I expected a bigger burger. It’s small, about the same size as a standard McDonalds double cheeseburger. The burger patties were anything special, the potato bun gummy, and it reeked of old grease. They forgot the pickles. Two bites and into the trash.

Nowhere close to an average Whataburger . It wasn’t as good as a McDonalds double cheese burger at $3 or a QPC. No need to eat at Sonic for me going forward; just a drink every once in a while. ab57815f13f5db160e1290103bf17c47.jpg

59 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

Just got a smashburgef at sonic. Looked nothing like the pic but no surprise. For $6.49 and the pic I expected a bigger burger. It’s small, about the same size as a standard McDonalds double cheeseburger. The burger patties were anything special, the potato bun gummy, and it reeked of old grease. They forgot the pickles. Two bites and into the trash.

Nowhere close to an average Whataburger . It wasn’t as good as a McDonalds double cheese burger at $3 or a QPC. No need to eat at Sonic for me going forward; just a drink every once in a while. ab57815f13f5db160e1290103bf17c47.jpg

Bro they gave you a regular burger that's not at all what mine looked like. Hahahahahaha

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

The box it was served in looks more appetizing. 

On 8/3/2024 at 11:11 PM, Texzilla588 said:

Speaking of the box, no Sonic I've been to uses them. They wrap and bag. ymmv

I got the box and the shitty non smash burger smash burger that Zilla got, also a bag of onion rings where all the onion rings were clumped together half burnt half undercooked.  The burger sucked and was really greasy, I’m thinking they are not actually smashing it like they are supposed to.

Posted (edited)

Before I clicked this thread, I saw an ad that Arby’s now makes hamburgers. I stopped by an Arby’s that was only a few blocks from Sonic and ordered one…it was a fucking mess to eat given the gallon of secret sauce they poured on it. If only I had seen that Sonic had smash burgers, I could have saved my shirt from getting trashed. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

1 minute ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Before I clicked this thread, I saw an ad that Arby’s now makes hamburgers. I stopped by an Arby’s that was only a few blocks from Sonic and ordered one…it was a fucking mess to eat given the gallon of secret sauce they poured on it. If only I had seen that Sonic had smash burgers, I could have saved my shirt from getting soiled. 

Arby's individual restaurants don't have a grill. I think those burgers are pre-broiled at a factory kitchen, frozen, transported to the restaurant, and then re-heated in a sous vide. I haven't tried an Arby's burger and I'm waiting for a definitive answer about the Sonic smashburger from this thread before I bother. 

Been tempted to try the Arby's burger but it's pretty damn hard to pass up their classic roast beef. 

Based on the shitty smashburger that sonic gave me I would have killed for the Arby’s burger. I’ve had it. Once. But it was 10x better than that shit I got at sonic.
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bookman said:

The Sonics here in San Antonio are terrible. Probably have a decent chance at getting shot at one as well. 

Aren't they all closing?  Seems like it....

I was in Jersey headed from Newark to a meeting in Mahwah. Hit fucking traffic at like 10pm. The driver said, “I forgot. They open this thing called Sonic and folks line up day and night. You would have thought they were doing free blow jobs. I said we got em at home. Good place for drinks. He said I guess I gotta try it. I said it ain’t all that.

29 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

I was in Jersey headed from Newark to a meeting in Mahwah. Hit fucking traffic at like 10pm. The driver said, “I forgot. They open this thing called Sonic and folks line up day and night. You would have thought they were doing free blow jobs. I said we got em at home. Good place for drinks. He said I guess I gotta try it. I said it ain’t all that.

Neat

Who doesn’t love a little in and out?
Wait, are y’all talking about burgers?
Never mind. 

It’s on a sticker on the red button. Not on menu. They were probably tired and didn’t want to make it for you. It’s extra work to make it so shitty.
  • Haha 1

I smashed a Sonic waitress about 10 months ago, she was in her late 30s and worked the morning shift. I stopped by to get a breakfast burrito and iced coffee for my kid and got a number.

Three days later after taking the Sonic waitress out...

orgasm-bridesmaids.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, F250 said:

I smashed a Sonic waitress about 10 months ago, she was in her late 30s and worked the morning shift. I stopped by to get a breakfast burrito and iced coffee for my kid and got a number.

Three days later after taking the Sonic waitress out...

orgasm-bridesmaids.gif

How much meth did you buy for her?

Had to try one and it was pretty damn good. Well smashed and a little crispy unlike some pictures I’ve seen. Tried the crinkle fries and they were good. Tasted like tots to be honest, maybe it was the oil. I’ll be sticking with tots. The meal was $11.50. Probably won’t get again, local smash burger place is same price or cheaper.

IMG_4441.jpeg

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1