Track & Field (men and women)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA with the WR to win their heat by about 30 meters.   

France and Belgium for 2nd and 3rd I think.  Belgium has been tough in the past in the men's 4x400 where 3 of the 4 runners were brothers.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WBT said:

USA with the WR to win their heat by about 30 meters.   

France and Belgium for 2nd and 3rd I think.  Belgium has been tough in the past in the men's 4x400 where 3 of the 4 runners were brothers.

We were in a different zip code in that heat. 

Ryan Crowser should be up in a bit…

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The track and field multi-view on Peacock is great

I'm watching the T&F international feed on Peacock.  So much better than the American tv broadcast.  It also has John Anderson who I think is a great announcer for track.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

I know I’ve mentioned this before but my mom’s across the street neighbor and friend for the past decade is Tonja Buford-Bailey and she is coaching Gabby at this Olympics and a few others. She is an amazing friend and person and it’s cool my mom is friends with an Olympian. Tonja and her hubby Victor (former NFL WR) are always helping my mom with stuff bc my mom is 76 and a widow. 

That's my humble brag for the day. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I know I’ve mentioned this before but my mom’s across the street neighbor and friend for the past decade is Tonja Buford-Bailey and she is coaching Gabby at this Olympics and a few others. She is an amazing friend and person and it’s cool my mom is friends with an Olympian. Tonja and her hubby Victor (former NFL WR) are always helping my mom with stuff bc my mom is 76 and a widow. 

That's my humble brag for the day. 

Nonsense. You've got at least one more Olympic humble brag left in ya. Hint: Sydney 2000.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The track and field multi-view on Peacock is great

We bitch a lot about sports coverage but Peacock’s has done a great job. . Watching the Olympics in the streaming world is the only way to go.

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, WBT said:

I'm watching the T&F international feed on Peacock.  So much better than the American tv broadcast.  It also has John Anderson who I think is a great announcer for track.

Is that the one that's just called "Main" or whatever? I don't see one that says International

58 minutes ago, WBT said:

It also has John Anderson who I think is a great announcer for track.

He's alright. I prefer the Diffey, Boldon and Richards-Ross trio that NBC usually trots out. Diffey is decent at play by play, Ato and Sanya have a nice rapport, and Sanya is a Texas-Ex who is very easy on the eyes. Only knock is they're out of their depth beyond the 400m.

22 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Is that the one that's just called "Main" or whatever? I don't see one that says International

Yeah, that's probably it.  It's put out by the Olympics for distribution to any country that wants it.  Most of the events on Peacock are from this unless it specifically says it's a NBC, USA, E!, etc feed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Broadcasting_Services

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Loaded field for the men's 10K: Barega, Cheptegui, Kiplimo, Barega ... even Grant Fisher of the U.S. is top 10 on time.

if you miss the start, no worries--it'll still be going more than 25 minutes later.

Just now, mdmost said:

10,000M race....probably going to bet on the Kenyan winning it. 

Ugandan (Cheptegei) or Ethiopian (Barega) are the odds-on favorites.

But if they run a tactical race, they might FAFO and give Grant Fisher a chance to win. He's got a devastating kick.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

The 10,000M always makes me think back to a good Tommy Davidson bit about the person who comes in last in that race and how much they lamented all they had to give up for 4 years just to come in dead last. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The 10,000M always makes me think back to a good Tommy Davidson bit about the person who comes in last in that race and how much they lamented all they had to give up for 4 years just to come in dead last. 

Ekwensu Ocha!

3ccf64310be0f00e6acc8490d1dfcb32.jpg

Wow, best Olympic 10K ever. All the top finishers would've broken the Olympic record.

Brilliant run from Fisher. He got caught in traffic a bit on the final backstretch, else I think he nabs silver. But still a brilliant run from Grant. He stayed on the rail, never led, and just hung near the front. 

• Hook 'Em 6