Track & Field (men and women)

1 hour ago, WBT said:

It looked to me like Inger drifted to the outside to try to prevent Kerr from passing and that opened up the lane for Hocker.

yep.  he assumed hocker was done after he cut him off the first time and he started worrying about Kerr.  Inger just bonked.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

If the US Olympic committee does not make Thomas a major lead for advertising they are stupid.

Harvard/UT Grad, fast as shit, and gorgeous.

Agreed. Strikingly beautiful. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

It's Olympics official - white people can't jump (or run)

As of today, the first back-to-back Olympic gold medalist in the long jump since Carl Lewis (and also the 2nd ever)

qv6moomdo7ef3kh4mnse

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Pics?

image.thumb.jpeg.88dcc9380afffd6b553e346fbdff29ca.jpeg

image.jpeg.d0af84c0aa5cfabf2feff71ec8c68bd5.jpeg

IMG_7212.webp.78940343bb9b7e4adaf2e93c9a32d9a7.webp

Something about her reminds me of Kelly rorbach (minus the bombs…but plus being able to run down a football field with xavier worthy)

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

They showed Ingrit on the track, watching the replay of the finish. He had the GOB Bluth “I’ve made a horrible mistake” look on his face. He absolutely opened the lane up for Hocker while he drifted right to impede Kerr. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

23 minutes ago, WBT said:

As of today, the first back-to-back Olympic gold medalist in the long jump since Carl Lewis (and also the 2nd ever)

qv6moomdo7ef3kh4mnse

Obviously props to him, but the youngster from Italy was great.  He had the first jump of the day and put up an 8.34 which eventually got the bronze medal.  First jump, cool as a cucumber tells the favorites to check they ass.

20 minutes ago, sidis said:

image.thumb.jpeg.88dcc9380afffd6b553e346fbdff29ca.jpeg

image.jpeg.d0af84c0aa5cfabf2feff71ec8c68bd5.jpeg

IMG_7212.webp.78940343bb9b7e4adaf2e93c9a32d9a7.webp

Something about her reminds me of Kelly rorbach (minus the bombs…but plus being able to run down a football field with xavier worthy)

For a sprinter, Gabby has skinny legs. But she's hauling a trailer, so you gentlemen are remiss.

olympic-runner-gabby-thomas-v0-1u4vqe0uy

She is well aware of her qualities.

olympic-runner-gabby-thomas-v0-20hora3uy

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

16 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

For a sprinter, Gabby has skinny legs. But she's hauling a trailer, so you gentlemen are remiss.

olympic-runner-gabby-thomas-v0-1u4vqe0uy

She is well aware of her qualities.

olympic-runner-gabby-thomas-v0-20hora3uy

She must work out ...

hemustworkout-gay.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Here's another American-centric summary for what's on tap tomorrow, Aug. 7, in track & field:

MORNING SESSION

Men's High Jump qualification. JuVaughn Harrison probably represents the Yanks' best chance at a medal. He took silver at the last year's World Championships in Budapest. Vernon Turner and Shelby McEwen (silver at World Indoor Championships earlier this year) also represent the Red, White & Blue.

Women's Javelin qualification. Looks like only one American (Maggie Malone-Hardin) achieved the qualifying standard. And that's all I "know" about this event.

Women's 100m Hurdles heats. Super deep field across the board. Three fresh faces for the U.S.: Alaysha Johnson, Masai Russell and Grace Stark. More on this event before the semis.

Men's 5000m heats. Grant Fisher is the U.S.'s best hope. If that name seems familiar, it's because he nabbed bronze in the 10K a few days ago. Dude is in the shape of his life. Graham Blanks and Abdihamid Nur round out the starting list for Team USA.

Men's 800m heats. Best trio the U.S. has ever entered for this event. Representing the US are former Athing Mu flame and aggy Brandon Miller, Hobbs Kessler (fifth in today's 1500m), and Bryce Hoppel of Midland. Bryce probably has the best shot at the podium but after what Hobbs did today, I wouldn't count him out once his legs have recovered. More on this event before the semis.

Women's 1500m repechage. Believe all U.S. athletes have already advanced to the semis.

I'll write up the evening session in a separate post.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Has she finished her UT courses here in Austin…?

Looks like it.

Thomas holds a bachelor’s degree in neurobiology from Harvard University and a master’s degree in public health from the University of Texas Health Science Center

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Looks like it.

Thomas holds a bachelor’s degree in neurobiology from Harvard University and a master’s degree in public health from the University of Texas Health Science Center

….and a GOLD MEDAL from the 2024 Olympics!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

And here's the rest of the American-centric summary for Aug. 7:

EVENING SESSION

Women's Pole Vault final. Originally, only 11 qualified for the final, which was fewer than the required 12, so nine others who couldn't clear above 4.40m were added back. Katie Moon is the prohibitive favorite--she's won the last three major outdoor championships (Tokyo 2020[21], Eugene 2022 and Budapest 2023). She's also the only American who will be jumping in this event.

Men's Triple Jump final. The three Americans to watch are Donald Scott (reigning Olympic champ but not in top form), Salif Mane and Russell Robinson.

Men's 110m Hurdles semifinal. Hurdles make me nervous. You're only as good as the last obstack-ull in yo' path. If all goes to plan, Grant Holloway (aka the Big Flamingo and second-fastest-ever in this event), Freddie Crittenden and Daniel Roberts should advance to the finals. The Jamaicans also have a couple of heavy hitters, including defending Olympic champ Hansle Parchment. This is definitely a potential multiple-medal event for the US.

Men's 400m Hurdles semifinal. I've already written a lot on this event, so not much to add. This promises to be one of the epic finals of the entire Games. Rai Benjamin is on a mission, but Warholm and dos Santos won't make it easy for him. It's a blessed time to be a hurdles fan.

Men's 200m semifinal. Potential U.S. sweep in a couple of days, but they have to make it through to the finals first. Noah Lyles, Kung-Fu Kenny Bednarek, and youth phenom Erriyon Knighton shouldn't have too much trouble. I genuinely think the 100m gold was the best thing that could've happened for Noah and we might see him throw down a 19.2 in the finals if he gets an uncharacteristically good start (and the wind cooperates, which it did not today for Gabby).

Men's Discus final. No American made the final. Don't cry for me, Al Oerter.

Women's 400m semifinal. I genuinely believe the two fastest women in the world in this event are running the hurdles. Instead, let's hope Alexis Holmes, Aailyah Butler and Kendall Ellis can move on to the finals. Kendall did well to battle back through the repechage. I'll also be rooting for Longhorn Rhasidat Adeleke of Ireland and Lieke Klaver of my depraved dreams. Poland's Natalia Kaczmarek and Dominican Marileida Paulino are favorites for gold.

Men's 400m final. I don't think Chris Bailey has much of a chance. Michael Norman should, but he looked questionable in the semis. Quincy Hall gives America's best odds. Great Britain's Matthew Hudson-Smith looked strong and is in great form, and Grenadan Kirani James posted the world-leading time in today's semis (just four-hundredths of his PB from 10 years ago). He has an Olympic medal of each color in this event and is already a legend. Will he cement that status even further, or can Quincy or Norman lay the foundation for their own? This should be an outstanding event.

Men's 3000m Steeplechase final. One American reached the final--BYU alum Kenneth Rooks. I admit I follow the steeplechase about as closely as I do the javelin. I'm an awful person.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I thought Hocker lost it when his first move to the inside got cut off.  I was surprised he had another gap to exploit.

No kidding. That almost never happens

10 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

3:30 is stupid fast… 

Imagine your local gym or whatever’s treadmill.. and you put it at max speed (typically 10) it still won’t get you 1500m in 3:30

Yeah I think people don't realize how fast those dudes are running. It's faster than a hell of a lot of people top speed.

Morning events went relatively routinely for U.S. athletes. All American hurdlers made it through their 100mH prelims.

In the Men's 1500m, two of the three Americans moved on. Abdihamid Nur took a spill coming off the final bend. 

In the Men's 800m, only aggy Brandon Miller failed to advance. He looked awful and finished next-to-last. He is either hurting or he really effed up his cycle/taper.

Off to work. Y'all enjoy the day and that evening session--it's going to be a banger!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

And here's the rest of the American-centric summary for Aug. 7:

Women's Pole Vault final. Originally, only 11 qualified for the final, which was fewer than the required 12, so nine others who couldn't clear above 4.40m were added back. Katie Moon is the prohibitive favorite--she's won the last three major outdoor championships (Tokyo 2020[21], Eugene 2022 and Budapest 2023). She's also the only American who will be jumping in this event

Kennedy (AUS) is the favorite, IMO. Moon has been inconsistent all season but she has the good habit of peaking in championships. I wouldn't be shocked if she won and wouldn't be shocked if she was 6th. 

OnlyFans member, Alysha Newman (CAN) has jumped really well in the past month and has a shot at bronze.  Go to the Olympic Hotties thread for pics.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Like 1

Australian Jenneke, famous in some circles for her prerace routine below, ate it on the 3rd hurdle and took a bad fall.  She got up and finished though so she'll still have the repechage

Sexy Michelle Jenneke GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Morning events went relatively routinely for U.S. athletes. All American hurdlers made it through their 100mH prelims.

In the Men's 1500m, two of the three Americans moved on. Abdihamid Nur took a spill coming off the final bend. 

In the Men's 800m, only aggy Brandon Miller failed to advance. He looked awful and finished next-to-last. He is either hurting or he really effed up his cycle/taper.

Off to work. Y'all enjoy the day and that evening session--it's going to be a banger!

aggy rollercoaster strikes again?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Okay, I know the answer to the following question is likely both tacos... but..

Are female athletes in large part far more attractive generally, that in the past? I do recognize filters and social media has greatly modified their "presentation" but good god there are a ton of smoke shows... or..

Am I just a really thirsty creepy old man now and they look way better to me because of that reality??

I know, both tacos but damn.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Are female athletes in large part far more attractive generally, that in the past? I do recognize filters and social media has greatly modified their "presentation" but good god there are a ton of smoke shows... or..

Am I just a really thirsty creepy old man now and they look way better to me because of that reality??

They are way finer these days.  No filters on the starting line close ups.

• Hook 'Em 2

Olympic Hotties thread is poppin’ this year. I was putting it down to this site’s membership skewing heavily dirty old man (myself included of course), but it helps that a lot of these ladies want to cash in on social media while they can. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

I think there’s a lot going on here.  First of all, the overlap between “crazy fit young person at the peak of their physical ability” and “attractive” is always going to be pretty significant on the Venb diagram. 

Second, I think worldwide we are seeing a boost in participation in sports for girls and women.  Even in the 1990s, the active but girlie girls in HS gravitated to cheer and maybe tennis or dance and sports was less socially cool.  That’s changed and it’s awesome, and also countries are investing more in girls sports, so there are more athletes and opportunities.  Which is super cool. 

Finally because of the exposure and power of brand building, a lot of these athletes are acutely aware of the benefit to showing off their fitness and charms. That shows in everything from the preferred uniforms to the warmup routines to the makeup and hair and nails.  These ladies know that the right photo or TikTok can mean lots and lots of sponsorship opportunities and many go prepared to seize them. In the past it was kind of a point of pride for jock girls not to be girly and now it’s the opposite. 

• Hook 'Em 4