Track & Field (men and women)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, UTexasFight said:

watching Hall around the curve, his face said “ain’t no way”… and he just kept gaining 

I mean, that was it. Going in the first turn he had a pain face on. I'm genuinely stunned.

Just now, Underdog said:

Looked to be laboring down the stretch or is that just his style of running? 

Looked like me in 8th grade when I would stop breathing down the home stretch and throw up after every race

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

That 400m was especially crazy given what was posted earlier today in this thread, the video showing how the body can't summon peak energy past about halfway and that lactic acid buildup is a certainty.  I guess the others suffered a bit more than Hall.

• Like 1

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

Two Olympic records set in the men's discus.  Stona from Jamaica wins it by 0.03.  Crouser cheering him on.

That was great.  3 cm difference between gold and silver.

Two of my favorite things in sports are when someone comes from way back to win, and when someone does something they’ve never done before because that’s what it took to win. Team sports can’t really do that, and sports where single competitors compete on time like most skiing events can’t provide that visceral comeback/ chase down. 

track and swimming provide those things quite well.  Hocker did both yesterday. Sounds like I have some good tv to watch again tonight. 

track events have straight up delivered.  still have Sydney v. Femke in the 400M hurdles and men's 200M final tomorrow, both of which should be epic.  and the relays are gonna be killer.  plus a bunch of golds still to be handed out in middle distance and hurdles.

Keep It Coming Sabrina Carpenter GIF by First We Feast

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why are they doing the women's 200m medal ceremony 24 hours after the race?

Didnt they do this for the M 100M too?

last event of the night so they come back the following day?

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Hit the hurdle and went down hard. They said he was knocked out.

Yeah, just slo mo’d the replay above.

knee caught the hurdle and went down hard. his melon hammered the track on the whiplash 

Edited by UTexasFight

3 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

The training for that is the worse. 

Coach has you doing like 5 200s with little rest. Run em under 30sec if I remember. 

then like 3 300s blah blah 

a couple 400s to end the day  

and thats on like a random Monday … still got 4 more days of the week haha 

Not to go old school but that was not close to what we ran. I ran distance and every Tuesday was 25 ( yep twenty five) quarter miles at race pace with a 220 jog (not a walk) between them. We had the number one high school miler in the USA and the number 1 or 2 two miler so those were run at just over 60 seconds. Our workouts for the quarter milers were equally intense.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

mmmmm, Lieke Klaver.  she got lucky there.

No kidding.  What in the world was she thinking? It was like she heard the starter call it off except he didn't. And yeah - the hold times before the gun seen really long.