Track & Field (men and women)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyles is such a drama queen.  Those after the race antics were completely manufactured.   He obviously could have walked off the track, so stupid.

Now he’s going around doing interviews with his black mask on so everyone can see him.   Here’s a tip, if you are truly sick then stay the fuck in your room away from everyone.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Men's Triple Jump final. Salif Mane was the only American to advance from qualification, tying for third with Burkina Faso's Hugues Fabrice Zango. Cuban-born Spaniard Jordan Diaz and Portugal's Pedro Pichardo looked sharpest in qualifying.

Guy I'm keeping my eye on in the triple jump is the young man from Jamaica, Jaydon Hibbert.  He's the NCAA all-time record holder, world U-20 record holder (set when he was in high school).  He was 5th in qualifying round, but his season's best has been up there with some of the favorites.  Like I said, no expectations for him to win; but a slight outside shot at a medal.

• Like 1

Morning events spoilers

Spoiler

Anna Hall fell from third to fifth in the women's heptathlon. She didn't jump particularly well and got passed up by a couple of competitors and gapped by the leaders. She should make up some ground in the final event--the 800m, as she's in a class of her own in this event. Still, 127 points to third is a lot of ground to cover.

All three Americans advanced to the 100m Hurdles finals. Johnson and Stark won their semifinals and Russell finished second in hers behind "Puerto Rico's" Camacho-Quinn.

Bryce Hoppel was the lone Team USA member to make it out of the 800m semifinals. He finished second to reigning world champ Emmanuel Wanyonyi of Kenya.

Including 16-year-old Quincy Wilson in the 4x400m relay heat very nearly cost the US. Kid gave it his best but cranked out an opening lap of 47+, which left the US in seventh place. Norwood, Deadmon and Bailey bailed him out and covered enough ground to finish third. Expect a lot of that lineup to change over for the final.

In the women's event, the US won their semifinal by 3 seconds. This already strong unit will get even stronger when Sydney joins the party. Fellow hurdler Shamier Little ran the fastest leg for the US.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Morning events spoilers

Hide contents

Anna Hall fell from third to fifth in the women's heptathlon. She didn't jump particularly well and got passed up by a couple of competitors and gapped by the leaders. She should make up some ground in the final event--the 800m, as she's in a class of her own in this event. Still, 127 points to third is a lot of ground to cover.

All three Americans advanced to the 100m Hurdles finals. Johnson and Stark won their semifinals and Russell finished second in hers behind "Puerto Rico's" Camacho-Quinn.

Bryce Hoppel was the lone Team USA member to make it out of the 800m semifinals. He finished second to reigning world champ Emmanuel Wanyonyi of Kenya.

Including 16-year-old Quincy Wilson in the 4x400m relay heat very nearly cost the US. Kid gave it his best but cranked out an opening lap of 47+, which left the US in seventh place. Norwood, Deadmon and Bailey bailed him out and covered enough ground to finish third. Expect a lot of that lineup to change over for the final.

In the women's event, the US won their semifinal by 3 seconds. This already strong unit will get even stronger when Sydney joins the party. Fellow hurdler Shamier Little ran the fastest leg for the US.

Quincy Wilson, crazy that a 16-year was / is on that stage. Youngest in US history. As noted, almost costly.

• Like 1

Just now, BurntEyes said:

I don't really appreciate that some of these teams appear to be trying to out smoke show the US. This aggression will not stand man! 

I appreciate it. I wish they would have 16 lanes of them

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

That Richardson side eye was lol

It was fucking personal man! Against GB, that runner or her haters I dunno, but it was absolutely a FUCK YOU! 

I love it and any haters can suck it!

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, BurntEyes said:

End of "hand off" area. Probably not the correct nomenclature but basically have to pass the baton before that point.

No, the tape some of the runners are wearing when they walk out onto the track.  Half of them drop it there at the locker room exit.