[Adjacent to Gameday] Texas @ The Big House - A Blue Blood Party by Surly Horns

immamac

Tailgate Prices  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a Pre and Post game Tailgate Area (8AM till they kick us out) - Inclusive of Food and Beverage.

• $100 - Solid selection of a meal equivalent + canned beer/seltzer/wine + Liquor bar
    • $85 - Selection of finger foods + canned beer/seltzer/wine + batched cocktails
    • $75 - Selection of snacks + some mains for people + canned beer/seltzer/wine only
  2. 2. Will you be going to Ann Arbor for the Michigan game?

• Yes - I have no plans
    • Yes - I already have another tailgate/plans
    • No - I am interested in a watch party in Austin

This poll is closed to new votes

You people realize that ‘fees’ are just a way to artificially lower the headline price right? All of these sites are charging more or less the same amount out of pocket to get into the stadium; why the fuck do you care if it’s $500 with no fees or $1 with a $499 ‘fee’?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

You people realize that ‘fees’ are just a way to artificially lower the headline price right? All of these sites are charging more or less the same amount out of pocket to get into the stadium; why the fuck do you care if it’s $500 with no fees or $1 with a $499 ‘fee’?

Yeah with fees it was ~700 or more for the tickets I gave back today anywhere on any site. Everyone waiting for prices to go down is going to be disappointed. 

On 8/13/2024 at 6:56 PM, immamac said:

Yeah with fees it was ~700 or more for the tickets I gave back today anywhere on any site. Everyone waiting for prices to go down is going to be disappointed. 

seat geek right now has a pair of Sec 40 seats on row 17  for $650 each after fees. You can sit in row 44 for $600 and row 70 for $500 each. I'm sure getting 20 in a row bumps the price, but most people probably wont be looking for that.  prices will continue to fall is my guess. 

5 hours ago, Blotto said:

seat geek right now has a pair of Sec 40 seats on row 17  for $650 each after fees. You can sit in row 44 for $600 and row 70 for $500 each. I'm sure getting 20 in a row bumps the price, but most people probably wont be looking for that.  prices will continue to fall is my guess. 

i just bought a pair of tix for section 40, row 5 for $654 a piece.. fees included on TickPick last night.

On 8/14/2024 at 9:14 PM, Texas Wahoo said:

Price for Texas is $150, third highest and about double everyone but UGA and tOSU.

image.thumb.png.911c26fcf23697f20a80eae3c4640ab5.png

22 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Aggy should be $5 but somehow is $13 hahah

Is there a way to short CFP RSVPs?

• Haha 2

On 8/17/2024 at 3:34 PM, utexas8 said:

Haven’t decided if I should buy the tickets now or wait it out. Cheapest for 2 is about 900-1000

they are dropping.. i pulled the trigger because I couldn't find many available in that section close to the front as possible.  But I figure the ones for $800 a week ago should be in the mid 700s by now.. 

Sales have been strong today. 

Reminder for everyone to tell your friends who are coming about this. 

We will have at least 1, but possibly 2 whole hog(s), pulled chicken, orzo salad, Mexican street corn, rolls, a big fruit display and some other stuff. 

This isn't some slap-dick party it's gonna be the biggest Texas tailgate in Ann Arbor, we are already larger than the exes and are serving both pre and post game. 

Would love to go sold out and only sell day of allocation by next week. 

• Hook 'Em 6

8 hours ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Wrong thread, I know... Is there going to be a tailgate for opening game? Didn't see anything posted after a quick scroll.

Yes. I won't be there but @BornAndRaised will be taking point on it. The OTF crew will be there after they do a show at the wine garden. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I watched the Spartans play them there a long ass time ago.

The sight lines arent that great above row 20.

This man speaks the truth, there is a reason it is known as the Big Hole. 

Also, the endzone screens were much smaller and low def 20 years ago.

So what sections are the best? If I don’t get tickets in x sections is it even worth going?

I wanna go but I’m thinking about just staying at the tailgate if I can’t find a good section. The older I get the more I care about the view and seeing everything

5 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

So what sections are the best? If I don’t get tickets in x sections is it even worth going?

I wanna go but I’m thinking about just staying at the tailgate if I can’t find a good section. The older I get the more I care about the view and seeing everything

All sections are the same except the viewpoint. 

Its all just dependent on your preferences. There's not really a bad seat in the house and the only premium ones are the seat backs. 

They have big screens on either side of the field. Will post a vid for you to see

Also I'm not just saying this to push people going but watching from the tailgate is gonna be a fun experience as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Is anyone planning on hitting up the Lions -Rams game the next night?  I’m meeting dome friends for the UT game, but no one seems interested in the Lions game. 

You would think being dome friends they’d be all over a Lions home game…

15 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

You would think being dome friends they’d be all over a Lions home game…

Idk, but a big house + lions weekend is a fun as fuck weekend. Especially if no kids in tow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/13/2024 at 6:56 PM, immamac said:

9 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I think they go below $300 this week. Still a lot of inventory sitting. 

Uh Oh Oops GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia