[Adjacent to Gameday] Texas @ The Big House - A Blue Blood Party by Surly Horns

immamac

Tailgate Prices  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a Pre and Post game Tailgate Area (8AM till they kick us out) - Inclusive of Food and Beverage.

• $100 - Solid selection of a meal equivalent + canned beer/seltzer/wine + Liquor bar
    • $85 - Selection of finger foods + canned beer/seltzer/wine + batched cocktails
    • $75 - Selection of snacks + some mains for people + canned beer/seltzer/wine only
  2. 2. Will you be going to Ann Arbor for the Michigan game?

• Yes - I have no plans
    • Yes - I already have another tailgate/plans
    • No - I am interested in a watch party in Austin

This poll is closed to new votes

Just bought tailgate tickets.  I have hotel and car reservations, but waiting on game tickets to drop a bit.  This was about the time that Bama tickets bottomed out last year so I'll pull the trigger here soon.  Anyone making the 3 hour drive to Cleveland the next day to watch the Cowboys start this year's disappointing season?  I'm tossing around the idea.

Hey fellas I’m a M fan here in michigan. Thinking of grabbing a ticket.

been a poster since the old site and wouldn’t mind meeting some of you. Would I be welcome? I’m not an annoying fan or anything very civil and I’m not a huge drinker, just looking for a good tailgate 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

been a poster since the old site and wouldn’t mind meeting some of you. Would I be welcome? I’m not an annoying fan or anything very civil and I’m not a huge drinker, just looking for a good tailgate 

Yes. The tailgate will be tons of fun more than happy to have you and your friends. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

The tailgates are more fun when other fan bases are there. You will be warmly welcomed. 

7 minutes ago, TxEx84 said:

Went to the 2005 Rose Bowl and the Michigan group we met was pretty fun.  Unlike the rioters in Columbus the next season ....

My group bought 10 tickets today. We are looking forward to it.

Agreed - Michigan fans were great in LA, and I have high expectations for the trip to Ann Arbor. Ohio State fans in Columbus were the absolute worst collective fanbase I have ever personally encountered, including the dirt burglars. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, immamac said:

We are 19. We have the Premier spot. 

Please do not share this too far and wide just yet as Gameday is not official yet, but obviously its gonna be here. IMG_20240827_163312_184.jpg

"Do not share this far and wide"  he says while posting on a message board with thousands of users. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hornian said:

"Do not share this far and wide"  he says while posting on a message board with thousands of users. 

I mean it won't get back to espn from here. Just don't want it getting to espn. 

• Hook 'Em 1

updated thing hiding stuff and showing where we are.
image.png.119b459f7e206dbc8afeffa368107d52.png

Do you know if the streets by the track stadium (Hoover and State) are open on game days? The phone in my limo is busted, and I want to go ahead and tell Coleman where to drop off/pick up me and my bitches.
  • Haha 2

Just now, Player said:

Do you know if the streets by the track stadium (Hoover and State) are open on game days? The phone in my limo is busted, and I want to go ahead and tell Coleman where to drop off/pick up me and my bitches.

YES, Hoover/State will be OPEN next to our tailgate, but closed further down. We are basically the first zone of rideshare/limo drop-off/pickup 

• Like 1

We're staying in AA south of the golf course toward 94, hoping we're able to grab an uber early Sat to shoot up State St to the tailgate.

Been researching Fri and post game bars...apparently there's quite a few niche cougar bars scattered throughout downtown mixed in with the college bars.  Guess that makes sense.

Edited by ballrific
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to [Adjacent to Gameday] Texas @ The Big House - A Blue Blood Party by Surly Horns

Imma - you mentioned something in the Ann Arbor/Detroit thread about wristbands to access the tailgate. My group is driving over from Detroit on Saturday morning. Will the QR code that we received when buying the tailgate tickets suffice, or do we still need the wristbands? If the latter, where can we pick them up on Saturday morning? Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Player said:

Imma - you mentioned something in the Ann Arbor/Detroit thread about wristbands to access the tailgate. My group is driving over from Detroit on Saturday morning. Will the QR code that we received when buying the tailgate tickets suffice, or do we still need the wristbands? If the latter, where can we pick them up on Saturday morning? Thanks. 

Wristbands will be at the tailgate too. You will show your ticket and get a wristband. 

On 8/29/2024 at 5:32 PM, immamac said:

Where should I post up Friday night to pre handout wristbands? 

Heard Nightcap Downtown is a good bar, but someone with more knowledge can verify. Fourteen of us are dining at Cafe Zola on Washington St, so that works for me. 🙂