[Adjacent to Gameday] Texas @ The Big House - A Blue Blood Party by Surly Horns

immamac

Tailgate Prices  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay for a Pre and Post game Tailgate Area (8AM till they kick us out) - Inclusive of Food and Beverage.

• $100 - Solid selection of a meal equivalent + canned beer/seltzer/wine + Liquor bar
    • $85 - Selection of finger foods + canned beer/seltzer/wine + batched cocktails
    • $75 - Selection of snacks + some mains for people + canned beer/seltzer/wine only
  2. 2. Will you be going to Ann Arbor for the Michigan game?

• Yes - I have no plans
    • Yes - I already have another tailgate/plans
    • No - I am interested in a watch party in Austin

This poll is closed to new votes

55 minutes ago, TxEx84 said:

We are looking at different forecasts.

image.thumb.png.6e06ad19dec9e9dba8cd60e23a6aaf40.png

Wind hits different there because it’s actually below grade. Wind will likely not be a field level issue, maybe a kick level issue. 13mph is pretty serious shit otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What section is Texas visitors? Decided when I woke up this morning to go so working on flight, tickets, and rental car. 

Obviously may not be able to be in the section but would like to be close to celebrate if possible. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

What section is Texas visitors? Decided when I woke up this morning to go so working on flight, tickets, and rental car. 

Obviously may not be able to be in the section but would like to be close to celebrate if possible. 

I think it spans the upper parts of 15-17.  I can say that mine are in 15.

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I have tickets from the LHF allotment (from secondary market, I'm not a high enough roller to have gotten them directly from the school), and they are in Section 8, row 92. 

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

As noted by Hornian I think the Texas allotment are all spread across that corner through endzone on high rows.  But sounds like people are sitting all over the stadium.  I'm guessing just about anywhere outside of UM student sections you will find Texas fans somewhat close by.  I'm sitting with some friends in 16 and others i know going are probably in 4 or 5 different sections.

I believe they are the upper rows of 7-15 according 

45 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

From what I can tell it's the top 10 rows of these sections. The single I bought in section 10 row 86 off of seatgeek is marked as a "visitor ticket" when added to mobile wallet.

Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 9.17.34 AM.png

56 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I’m in section 14 so don’t sit there.

10 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Lot of horns leaving west Texas on the way to the game. Now in Houston , lots more orange headed to Chicago.

My flight yesterday to Chicago had a lot of horns as well.  I am driving to Michigan tomorrow, but most were catching a connection flight to MI. 

4 minutes ago, bborange said:

Any estimates on how many horns will be there out of the 107k?

It'll be more like 115k. I would say 10-15k if not more. We coulda pushed 1k for tailgate I just didn't wanna put up 75 grand and pray for ticket sales. 

It would be a lot easier to do this shit if I didn't have to front all the money myself every fucking time. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Holy shit game tickets are imploding. Maybe Michigan thinks they are gonna get their asses whooped. 

Had a hard time selling our Fresno State tickets had to drop them below face last week. Seems like low enthusiasm there for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, immamac said:

Holy shit game tickets are imploding. Maybe Michigan thinks they are gonna get their asses whooped. 

Had a hard time selling our Fresno State tickets had to drop them below face last week. Seems like low enthusiasm there for sure. 

Yea, it’s getting tempting enough to book a flight from Hawaii tomorrow night after work.

39 minutes ago, immamac said:

I read here that $750 was a great deal and it would only go higher.

• Haha 1

I kept telling myself it was OK to skip this game since it was not a night game and the tailgating was not going to last long enough. You name it, I made the excuse as to why it would be fine. In the end nothing worked, got my plane ticket to Chicago arriving Friday and I am going to have my cousin pick me up and drive us to Ann Arbor. Got two tickets in section 14 row in the 80's. Sorry @HenryJames we are sitting in the same section.

I will have to bring my own food and beer but that is OK. See you there!

Hook'em.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is pretty unusual, but continue to be a fucking piece of shit over me giving options to people. 

Your options would have fucked people out of money, dickhead. Just take the loss. 

6 minutes ago, royiv said:

Your options would have fucked people out of money, dickhead. Just take the loss. 

Let everyone come to their own conclusion and let the party get started. I just finally broke down and got tickets and a way to get there I want nothing killing the pregame vibes.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Let everyone come to their own conclusion and let the party get started. I just finally broke down and got tickets and a way to get there I want nothing killing the pregame vibes.

Did you pay less than $750?

Won’t be able to make the early wristband snag, but looking forward to the party on Saturday!

I know the rideshare drop off is right by the tailgate and this may be a dumb question, but does anybody know if Ferry Field is the best destination to enter for a dropoff ? (Not sure if they have street closures, mass humanity mobs, routing around gameday)?

I have folks up north that are going to the game and have an extra ticket with them. They root for the wrong team but I floated the idea of a quick solo trip with the wife. It is clear this would be a major issue with my marriage. EViDEntLY WAstIng MOneY oN foOTbalL iS An isSUE. 

Kids first fall baseball tournaments are this weekend so I am going to watch yall with crushed dreams. Dammit. Make us proud.

Edited by HOOKEM4
ousux
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Oh fuck yea, DADDY is MAD^^^^^

I drove 30 ish hours from San Diego to Chicago this week. Just saw prices imploded. Will be there for game now. Sounds like tailgate is not an option unless I bring my own beer, is that right?

Everyone should come. Food is off limits if you didn't pay cuz I finalized headcount Tuesday. We got a new booze sponsor/supplier bringing a case of whiskey so we should be pretty good on booze. 

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

Literally fuck yourself. I wasn't fucking anyone out of anything. I don't care about a lot of shit, accusing me or this site of fucking anyone out of anything or any type of fraud is completely off limits honestly if you keep it up you are fucking gone. I'm not gonna deal with pieces of shit like you disrespecting me after all the work I've done for free and at a massive loss for this community, this fanbase and this program. 

You keep it up and you are not only banned from all events but you will be removed from the community. 

My dude, I was giving you a hard time on what turned out to be a really bad hot take that you made. Calm down. Your tailgate is going to be awesome. I was just giving you shit because anyone who follows the ticket markets closely knows how they work. I wasn’t accusing you of fraud or anything nefarious. I apologize if you took it that way. Thought we could all act like assholes here.

Just now, royiv said:

My dude, I was giving you a hard time on what turned out to be a really bad hot take that you made. Calm down. Your tailgate is going to be awesome. I was just giving you shit because anyone who follows the ticket markets closely knows how they work. I wasn’t accusing you of fraud or anything nefarious. I apologize if you took it that way. Thought we could all act like assholes here.

We are good. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, royiv said:

Did you pay less than $750?

Did you pay $750.00 or more based on what he said? Everyone that has traveled to away games for years has their own system and watches the market in different ways. We are not children here and we do not need your protection. Next thing you know I will be standing next to you and someone will ask me if I am Latino and you will ask them to call me Latinx instead. I hate that term.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Did you pay $750.00 or more based on what he said? Everyone that has traveled to away games for years has their own system and watches the market in different ways. We are not children here and we do not need your protection. Next thing you know I will be standing next to you and someone will ask me if I am Latino and you will ask them to call me Latinx instead. I hate that term.

How do you feel about Latiny? 

• Haha 3