Olympic Breakdancing

Vegas64

Saturday, looks like it's pretty short and contained.

I'll say it out loud at the risk of sounding like the Boomer I am....Breakdancing is stupid and it being an olympic event is stupid. What's next? Parkour? Ultimate Tag? Frisbee Golf? Floor is lava?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Saturday, looks like it's pretty short and contained.

I'll say it out loud at the risk of sounding like the Boomer I am....Breakdancing is stupid and it being an olympic event is stupid. What's next? Parkour? Ultimate Tag? Frisbee Golf? Floor is lava?

It's called Disc Golf, boomer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It's dumb because it's another subjectively judged event.  I wouldn't care if they added parkour, ultimate tag, frisbee golf, or floor is lava because those have objective measures of victory.

Shit I watch YouTube video on nutty parkour shit, I'd sure as hell watch it in the Olympics. 

I do not watch Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo videos on YouTube.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Shit I watch YouTube video on nutty parkour shit, I'd sure as hell watch it in the Olympics.

It sure as shit would be more entertaining than speed climbing 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Does it matter?

You want to know what sex jersey to order?

Because that was the person doing the funny "what my nephew does when he says watch" and then someone said "wait until the men go", so I haz confuse. If it was a woman, it would be less funny and more understandable. But I honestly can't discern based on visual physiognomy (NTTAWWT). I thought I detected both make-up and an adams apple (again, NTTAWWT), but the chest part of the shirt is a total optical illusion for trying to determine breasts. 

Edited by Vegas64
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Best part of what I posted is the dumbass spectator really into it. He paid for those tickets and is excited. Dumbass.

Like an aggy season ticket holder.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I can’t stop laughing 

GUjAoc4XAAAEe6H?format=jpg&name=large

no one asked for this but everyone deserves it

She's a fucking gangster. PhD holding professor in whatever the fuck and gets into the Olympics as a 36 year old competing against teens and she shows up in a Beverly Goldberg track suit. With a hat. I felt bad at first until I realized she was flipping off the entire world. Peak surly. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

My family and friends make fun of me because I can't watch The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's always Sunny, or Punk'd. .  I just get too uncomfortable watching other people in cringey situations.

That's how I felt yesterday trying to watch this stuff.  Couldn't do it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

My family and friends make fun of me because I can't watch The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's always Sunny, or Punk'd. .  I just get too uncomfortable watching other people in cringey situations.

That's how I felt yesterday trying to watch this stuff.  Couldn't do it.

Good breakdancing with dynamic, kinetic moves is fun to watch. I caught some of the Olympics competition, not just the embarassing Aussie intersectional gender studies woman, and it was low quality. Like when USA basketball sent college players instead of the Dream Team.